dream signs?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
luciddreamer49

dream signs?

Postby luciddreamer49 » 31 Jan 2013 01:07

OK, I know I probably post waaaay to much on here but I was wondering about something I read that you're supposed to find sonmething that is in your dreams a lot and then next time you see it in you're dream it could possivly become a lucid dream. Okay so I found out tht in almost every dream I have strawberries. (Weird rit?haha) anyway, how am I supposed to do this? Do I just think "next dream that I have strawberries I'll become lucid" or am I supposed to do something along with that?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

[ Post made via Android ] Image

CronEZ

Re: dream signs?

Postby CronEZ » 02 Feb 2013 08:32

I think first you're supposed to look in real life for your dreamsign, and when you see it to purposely ask yourself "am I awake or dreaming?" to test your state, and to get you used to testing yourself, so you can eventually do it in your dreams. This article may help a bit http://lonerwolf.com/lucid-dreaming/ ;)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Feb 2013 11:34

It may work remember well having a dream symbol appearing in most of your dreams to use to wake you up. You just need to program your mind to respond to that symbol "strawberries". You can do that by over and over telling yourself (many times per day and right before bed and first when you awake) that every time you see a strawberry you need to check to see if you are dreaming or not.

You could also help program yourself to dream check with strawberries if you practice this with real strawberries in real life..by buying some and doing a reality check EVERY TIME you see one.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 13 Feb 2013 06:09

Just wondering, Is a door a decent dream sign?
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 12:33

Dark wolf wrote:Just wondering, Is a door a decent dream sign?

I'd personally not use "door" as the sign to do reality checking as there are far too many of them in real life and you'd be having to program your mind by doing a reality check every time you see a physical door if you wanted to be consistant (and i think if you choose a symbol and want this to work well, you need to be consistant with it).

Maybe something like every time you leave enter or leave a house/building.. or every time you get into or out of some form of transport would be a better symbol to be using. Choose something you see or do regularly eg at least once a day.. more so is far better.. and which is common in your dreams. You want to train yourself to reality check EVERY TIME you are in the situation you have choosen for your sign.

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 13 Feb 2013 15:48

taniaaust1 wrote:
Dark wolf wrote:Just wondering, Is a door a decent dream sign?

I'd personally not use "door" as the sign to do reality checking as there are far too many of them in real life and you'd be having to program your mind by doing a reality check every time you see a physical door if you wanted to be consistant (and i think if you choose a symbol and want this to work well, you need to be consistant with it).

Maybe something like every time you leave enter or leave a house/building.. or every time you get into or out of some form of transport would be a better symbol to be using. Choose something you see or do regularly eg at least once a day.. more so is far better.. and which is common in your dreams. You want to train yourself to reality check EVERY TIME you are in the situation you have choosen for your sign.

Thx for your response!

What do you recommend me to use as dream sign? Maybe strange situations? Maybe fruit?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 00:14

No one else can choose the sign which will work best for you. It just needs to be something which commonly does appear in your dreams .. if fruit regularly appears in your dreams and you plan to do reality checks every time you see or eat fruit. That may work well.

For myself it wouldnt as I hardly ever see fruit in my dreams. You really going to figure out what is the best sign for you yourself as we are all different.

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 14 Feb 2013 07:50

Okay thanks again for your reply!

Are feelings like fear or anger fine too for dream signs? They are very common in my dreams

Peter

Postby Peter » 14 Feb 2013 08:11

Any sign that triggers you to become aware is just fine and it is different for everyone so dont think in terms or right or wrong but in what works and what does not
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “For Beginners”