Forever Distorted

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
fish

Forever Distorted

Postby fish » 13 Feb 2013 04:38

Like everybody else...what the hell is going on in my mind?? This has been happening since forever...the point is the story dream line is disrupted with stupidness....nothing resolved, nothing learned and people hurt.

I can easily plan my dreams before I fall asleep, go skiing, have sex, plan my day out for tomorrow etc. Even when I don't plan and just fall asleep and dream 100% of the time I can promise you eitherway. A animal hurts, maims me or someone or something totally stupid totally ruins the story line. For example, say I want to go on a camping trip, everything is perfect and lightning strikes setting the forest on fire, only a couple people escape only to be eaten by a pack of wolves and even then some live with major injuries. Geez, I can't even have a dinner party without somebody dying of food poisoning! lol

Even when I day dream the same crap. It's like no matter what I think or try to picture myself doing fun I'm going to be bludgeoned or develop the worst case of VD known to man!

Oh here is a good one! It happens only a couple of time a year but in my dreams I fly like a bird, yep flap my arms and just go places and nobody notices!! lol At the beginning I find it hard to start but get going but find after going a fair distance like a couple of miles I get tired, take a rest and go back from where I started sometimes getting lost.

When I say forever I mean the last 20 years or so. Personally I don't give a rats ass anymore...but I often wonder why? I totally get dream will never run smooth and they there is always twists. But mine are always consistant in the manner noted above.

All I can say is hrrmmmm

astral

Re: Forever Distorted

Postby astral » 13 Feb 2013 22:12

Do you feel guilty about anything? In my experience, we sometimes project our experiences within dreams, and try to work out our feelings. Do you perhaps feel that in your life path it is inevitable that you will either cause someone significant pain, or that you yourself will be caused significant pain?

fish

Postby fish » 13 Feb 2013 22:46

Guilty - We'll everybody is guilty of something but I don't feel anything there is anything significant at all.

I can guarantee I will cause somebody some sort of greif, I've seen people get bent out of shape just from the cloths I ware. lol

All kidding aside I don't feel guilty and feel just like a normal guy. Last nights dream started off as a family vacation that ended up with heated battles and divorce and the whole bit, no money etc. I have noticed that I no longer fight it or try to control it the flow or dialog....just go with the flow. yawn...so boring these dreams.

astral

Postby astral » 13 Feb 2013 22:53

So maybe that is what you WANT to happen? Maybe you're trying to work it out. What are the battles about? That could be a clue.

fish

Postby fish » 13 Feb 2013 23:02

If I remember right. Started off with different ideas on where to go, in my dream last night I got my choice of destination. Then it turned into the weather wasn't right, the food was poor and clearly not good enough for everybody else. Then it just went downhill from there. I think even the locals where all weidos! :)

Ericsan

Postby Ericsan » 13 Feb 2013 23:09

fish wrote:Even when I day dream the same crap. It's like no matter what I think or try to picture myself doing fun I'm going to be bludgeoned or develop the worst case of VD known to man!

This is something different here. Do you mean when you are awake? You are just thinking about something and suddenly something bad happens? Can you expand on that point? Are you half asleep or just thinking about sex or what have you and then something takes control of the daydream.

fish

Postby fish » 13 Feb 2013 23:19

Ya...awake thinking about whatever and float off for a couple of minutes. I could be sitting at a park bench for example watching people walk their dogs. Next thing you know I'm imagining somebody getting robbed or a car running over somebody's poodle. I mean why would anybody want to think of that? So ya I snap out of it but really it's like in every night dream, day dream. Believe me this is NOT how I think...just happens.

astral

Postby astral » 13 Feb 2013 23:31

Does it feel to you that nothing good ever happens in your life? Are you happy with your life? With your family? With your partner? With your poodle? :?: Are there deep frustrations in any areas? Do you feel unresolved anger toward anyone?

fish

Postby fish » 14 Feb 2013 00:07

I guess we got to keep digging at this.

In short - Great things have happened and bad things in my life...just like everybody else, I feel no victimization, things could be better but It could be a heck of alot worse. Partners a pain in the butt and always will be, what partner isn't. :) No animals. No anger. Frustrations, don't get to play enough tennis or hang hang out with friends very often, nothing to torment my dreams over. But I as I mentioned earlier this has been consistently going on for at least 20 years. And this is the first time I've inquired believe it or not.

astral

Postby astral » 14 Feb 2013 02:02

When you say it has been happening for 20 years, how old are you? Go back to when it first started happening (that you recall). What do you remember that is a life event from that time? Like is that when you moved away from home? Is that when you started highschool? Is that when your mom died? Etc.

And as for frustrations (which I have often experienced and have seen play out in dreams), what is stopping you from playing tennis or hanging hanging with friends? (not sure what that means)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”