New Favorite LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Notoriou

New Favorite LD

Postby Notoriou » 13 Feb 2013 06:46

Recently, I've had days where I accidentally fall asleep 3-4 hours before normal, and the last 2 times this happened, I've managed to have my 3rd, LD on one night, and the 4th and 5th on the next. I hope to continue this pattern, but I've encountered some things that I'm wondering about.

The first one is the clarity, I remember my first LD being much clearer than my 3rd, 4th, and 5th. In my first dream, I didn't do anything to raise the clarity at all; and in the 3rd, 4th, and 5th, when I tried to rub my hands together, or just kinda observe and take note of the fine details, it didn't seem to help. So I'm wondering what you do to make your dreams clearer.

The second one is flight. I'm overwhelmed with excitement that I finally got to experience flight!! :D It was amazing in every aspect! And since the only time I managed to fly was a few days ago in my 3rd LD when I jumped off a cliff(in my first LD I noticed that just trying to take off from the ground didn't work, so this was my next plan), I'm wondering if there are any "LD Flying for Dummies" tips that help.

taniaaust1

Re: New Favorite LD

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 13:27

I havent used this method but many people use the method of jumping higher and higher or bouncing along.. till they end up flying...

i havent been game to jump off a cliff.. last time I tried to fly I came down HARD on concrete and it HURT!!. I had faith Id fly too if I threw myself in the air, so wasnt at all expecting that crash down. Ive never been a natural flyer in my dreams (thou I do a lot of gliding, drifting along just above ground in OBEs.. like a ghost).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Notoriou

Postby Notoriou » 14 Feb 2013 03:29

taniaaust1 wrote:I havent used this method but many people use the method of jumping higher and higher or bouncing along.. till they end up flying...

Yeah, I tried that the first time and it didn't work out, I ended up not being able to get any higher than a certain point, so I figured that if I were to fall off something high, then the idea of flight(even if it was crazy to my brain) would kick in as a reflex. The only problem is, now I can't fly without a cliff to jump off of...

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 08:12

if its really bothering you, you probbly could counteract the issue by using visualization in which you are thinking of flying and imagining seeing and feeling that or using self hypnosis techniques in which you tell yourself that you can fly in dreams.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 15 Feb 2013 02:14

Try to run and jump off from a height ( terrace or high plateau ) then swim into the air. It would give you a necessary momentum to fly up.

Notoriou

Postby Notoriou » 15 Feb 2013 06:51

taniaaust1 wrote:if its really bothering you, you probbly could counteract the issue by using visualization in which you are thinking of flying and imagining seeing and feeling that or using self hypnosis techniques in which you tell yourself that you can fly in dreams.

I think I'll take your advice, so in the future, I can fly when I want to, thanks for the suggestions!

XperienceD wrote:Try to run and jump off from a height ( terrace or high plateau ) then swim into the air. It would give you a necessary momentum to fly up.

I've never heard of flying like you're swimming, but I'll be sure to try it next time I get the the chance, thanks!

alissa

Postby alissa » 18 Feb 2013 23:51

[I'm wondering if there are any "LD Flying for Dummies" tips that help.[/quote]

I'm not quite sure. Once I had this extremely regular-dream-like lucid dream where I checked my phone and the time was 6:88 which is an impossible time, so I was like this is a dream! So I immediately wanted to fly, so I just tried, but it didn't work, I just sort of glided. But another time, (another fuzzy dream) I just tried, and I flew. So, I don't know. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I did try to fly though, it wasn't very clear. I couldn't feel the wind on my face, or anything. I just sort of felt my stomach drop as I looked down. Why was this? Because it wasn't very clear of a lucid dream?
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

XperienceD

Postby XperienceD » 19 Feb 2013 02:05

XperienceD wrote:Try to run and jump off from a height ( terrace or high plateau ) then swim into the air. It would give you a necessary momentum to fly up.

I've never heard of flying like you're swimming, but I'll be sure to try it next time I get the the chance, thanks!

Ive been doing this since i was 5 :)

SarahDank

Postby SarahDank » 21 Feb 2013 14:39

Floating at first helps me.
I never used to have trouble flying now I do for some reason.. So I tried to float above the ground (with my legs crossed) and then after I could mentally take that whole thing in, I tried to fly and it did work.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 21 Feb 2013 15:42

I use Iron man suit to flyImage
Do a reality check

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”