doors

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
herea33

doors

Postby herea33 » 15 Feb 2013 02:43

i realized that in my none lucid dreams (have only had one truly lucid dream so far) that there are no doors. you just walk through a door way but you do not have to open the door because is is not there. is this the same for everyone else or am i just crazy?

taniaaust1

Re: doors

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 03:58

Its the subconsciousness which communicates to you via dreaming. If you never have any doors in your dreams it could be symbolising something like there are no blocks in your way for the things you want to do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 15 Feb 2013 09:35

I wouldn't be so sure about that... I dont think your subconscious is that great in dreams, I personally wouldnt think of them as being symbolic.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2013 23:17

I meet doors, and windows in lucid dreams all the time and they always seem to be an obstacle of some kind. There are countless ways to get through them, but like you, when I am non-lucid doors or 'portals' of any kind are never an issue. Only when lucid do they become a mental block!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2013 23:29

taniaaust1 wrote:f you never have any doors in your dreams it could be symbolising something like there are no blocks in your way for the things you want to do.

I think there is an element of truth to that. Doors and windows always seem to get in my way when lucid, however when non lucid, I don't have a problem with them. But if there is ever an insurmountable or insurrpassible doorway of any kind in your dream... it is certainly symbolic of something. What? I don't know, but worth taking note of.

We all dream differently, but the door dilemma is common to me and we are all in this together... keep your stick on the ice!

(Took a bit of Red Green and put it in there in the end... Canadian inside joke!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”