I'm Back

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
WildCat23

I'm Back

Postby WildCat23 » 08 Feb 2013 03:47

So, after my second hiatus from lucid dreaming, I'm back and more determined than before. As some of you (Old-timers, because 1 year is a lot of internet time) may know, I originally started attempting lucid dreaming about this time last year. I then got discouraged due to my fear of sleep paralysis preventing me from trying the WBTB technique. I then came back after a few months and wanted to try alternate methods, such as the FILD and dream chaining. To say the least, this didn't work for me.

I am now back and am going to be attempting mainly the MILD method. I think one of my fatal flaws are reality checks. I never seem to get those quite into habit. I think another is sleep paralysis. The idea of demons and evil entities aren't what scare me, it's the fact that I would be helpless is what scares me. I don't like being helpless, I would rather go down fighting.

So to sum it all up, I know my problems, but need solutions.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

erichsa

Re: I'm Back

Postby erichsa » 08 Feb 2013 22:27

Speaking from my own experience, when I tried hard I failed,by now I take it easy and look, view and read to soak up more understanding, I try out what makes sense to me, and over the months making slow progress. My aim is to become lucid more or less at will, but I know I cant force it. The more I put that aim it into my so called waking life, the more it seeps into my dream life,and I remember more clear dreams, beginning to know I am dreaming,and have short lucid dreams. For me I find my dream journal a great help as a reminder. An example: I think ”I have not had a flying dream for over week, it is about time I have one”. Within one or three days I will be flying. To take it easy, but stay on the ball works for me, I am also never shy to start on a new tack if I get stuck to long on a tactic with no results. But I will never give up. I knew fears, demons, you name it, I learned to firmly understand,that my dreams cant hurt me. With more and more understanding my bad dreams are just about gone, and I deal with them in my dreams without being scarred. :)

If the going gets tough the tough get going.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 09 Feb 2013 04:51

What works for me is asking myself if I'm dreaming and rubbing my hands together saying "the next scene will be a dream" over and over throughout the day .. I have done this in my last 3 lucid and it helps me stay lucid longer. (minutes) :merp: its a start though. I also have breaks from practicing to lucid dream now and then. When I start again im better than I was before. go figure :roll:
What is your definition of reality?

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 09 Feb 2013 17:50

Well, I actually noticed something was wrong in one of my dreams last night, but my subconscious found a way to explain it to me. If I hadn't noticed it in a conversation with a DC and said it to them, I probably would have taken action on it. Too bad the DC knew just how to explain it.
~2112

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 15 Feb 2013 01:39

WildCat23 wrote:Well, I actually noticed something was wrong in one of my dreams last night, but my subconscious found a way to explain it to me. If I hadn't noticed it in a conversation with a DC and said it to them, I probably would have taken action on it. Too bad the DC knew just how to explain it.

Today marks that first time I've ever questioned my reality in a dream twice in the same week!
~2112

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 15 Feb 2013 01:58

Your story sounds just like mine, only one chapter behind. ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 07:12

Congrats for questioning your reality in a dream twice this week :) . It could be any day till you suscede in some LDing. Have you thought about what you plan to do in your first one if able.

It sounds like you need to deal with your paralyses fear thou. Fears like that can really hold a person back. Thou sleep paralyses can be hard to break.. one can over come this state quicker by just thinking of wiggling a finger or toe and trying to do so.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 15 Feb 2013 18:25

taniaaust1 wrote:Congrats for questioning your reality in a dream twice this week :) . It could be any day till you suscede in some LDing. Have you thought about what you plan to do in your first one if able.

It sounds like you need to deal with your paralyses fear thou. Fears like that can really hold a person back. Thou sleep paralyses can be hard to break.. one can over come this state quicker by just thinking of wiggling a finger or toe and trying to do so.

Right now, I plan on examining the dream world and holding lucidity as long as possible. For the whole sleep paralysis thing, I may start the WBTB technique soon, so that should cause me to get over my fear.

BYW, your avatar is creepy...
~2112

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 04:39

WildCat23 wrote:BYW, your avatar is creepy...

:lol: you dont like the painting of my LD hands. They are more versatile like that too :mrgreen:

I'll have to do picture of my face :twisted: (actually I havent looked at it when im lucided dreaming or OB.. I'll have to do that some time. It would be interesting. I did that staring into the mirror thing one day watching my real life face shifting.. now that did creep me out).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 22 Feb 2013 03:34

Man, I'm so close I can almost feel it. Last night, I had a dream within a dream (This is actually not that rare for me), and after I woke from the dream (In the dream) I had a conversation with a dream character about dream signs. The dream character pointed out that I had been dreaming because there was no possible way on Earth that it would happen. I should have realized it then and there, but I was just out of it.
~2112

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”