IN CLASS AT SCHOOL WITH NO PANTS!

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
HAGART

IN CLASS AT SCHOOL WITH NO PANTS!

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2013 20:54

This is such a cliche and yet I have had several of these. Some dreamers are completely naked, but for me ,most of the time, I have no pants only, and I feel safe as long as I am at my desk and nobody can see, but feel awkward and wonder how I will get out of my predicament once it is time to leave. Or other times I am only wearing underwear, and it all fits into that same old dream joke: naked at school. But this happened last night in a dream and has happened many times before and I wonder what others think of it.

What does it mean? Any theories are welcome. I think it is based upon an inner feeling of some type, but please share all your embarrassing, cliche, "in-class-and-naked-dreams" so I know I am not the only one!

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Re: IN CLASS AT SCHOOL WITH NO PANTS!

Postby Peter » 15 Feb 2013 21:15

Very odd - never ever happened to me or many other I suspect.....

Had lots of them when I was younger but not so many these days. Awesome dream sign if you can condition your mind to the fact, or just embarrassing and confusing if not
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Feb 2013 23:09

I don't think it is odd at all and very common.
or is it just me!.

let's find out...

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 16 Feb 2013 03:08

Happened to me without a shirt. I wasn't even embarrassed! 8-)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 06:07

I do think dreams like this (various states of undress or of being completely naked) or very common. With my dream setting this kind of thing occurs in.. Im not at school but it happens in all kinds of settings.

Here's my last dream along a theme like that.

8th Feb- The Wedding Party Dream
Its late at night.. probably around 11pm. A girlfriend* and I and are out where there is a park, down by the main street in my local town. We find there are many people here which I think is strange being this late at night, I try to figure out why. I then realise that all the females are wearing red and many of them are carrying wee wedding veils, so I then realise that there has been a wedding here and all these peoples are the guests.

Im a little embarrassed that my friend and I have intruded upon this wedding after party and are right in the middle of all its guests. I go to say to my friend that we should leave here but she's disappeared and I cant now find her. I start walking away but fall on the ground as I had a seizure. I get up and walk a bit further but have another seizure... this time a guy from the wedding helps me up. I continue on a little futher, Im now a small away from the group. I make out I have a third seizure and with that throw myself into a stream.... trying to draw attention to myself. No one notices thou (I think I may of been trying to get that guys attention).

I get up and continue on but realise at this point Im now topless.. Ive lost my top. I cover my breasts with my hands, panicing about my missing top but then I see it.. a little way behind me on the ground. I cant work out at all how it got there.. it didnt come off in the water, maybe I'd had another seizure and took it off then, I think to myself. I get my top and try to put it on. People thou at this point are starting to notice that im topless so I hurry to a spot out of their sight to get properly dressed. A lady turns up (someone I dont know) and says something sarcastically like "Are you proud of yourself Josphine? she thinks Ive been prostituing with the wedding party and isnt going to believe that I didnt, no matter what I say.

on the 3rd of Feb.. I had another "topless dream" .. part of that dream (dream setting was at a party)
As I go to walk in and throu the house section which leads to it.... I unthinkingably take my t-shirt and throw it onto the floor. My other sister Kate.. walks in and sees this and asks me why Ive done that. I truely dont know, my brain just wasnt working. Kate takes her t-shirt off too. At this point I become aware that there is a big window and that everyone outside can probably see us both with our t-shirts off. I quickly move so I wont be seen topless throu that window.

I also at times get dreams in which family members embarrass me by being in various stages of undress.. eg in a dream I had my father with his pants off in front of my house.. I was trying to stop my neighbours from seeing him naked.

I think dreams like this come from being worried about some kind of exposure eg someone finding out something personaly about you or seeing you more clearly then you want to be seen.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 16 Feb 2013 17:04

I agree with taniaaust1 I often dream being nacked or near nacked in a crowd, i don't like it,by now I just try to hide in the crowd,but not realy worried anymore :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Feb 2013 02:15

I believe when we are trying to interpret our dreams we need to, not focus on the actual event or situation, but more importantly, how we FELT. When naked in a dream I feel vulnerable and want to hide so nobody will see me. I feel exposed and perhaps it is not physically but emotionally.

I already had my own interpretation, but wanted to see what others wrote first and I think we are on the same page. It is common to find ourselves naked in a dream, well maybe some people get it all the time and others never do, but over all it is common.

There are proper times to be naked, but being the only one in public is uncomfortable and makes me feel vulnerable or like I don't belong with the rest. Like I am an outcast. I think those feelings are the main interpretation. (Being at school may be another whole side to the interpretation. People are very judgmental at school and quick to tease. It makes being naked even worse.... but I was at school first in the dream before I was naked..... I'm starting to trail off and just thinking about it.......)

Thanks for the comments! :oops:

R99

Postby R99 » 19 Feb 2013 10:24

it happens to me sometimes, loosing my trousers in dream. i always wondered y this happens? so its not an odd phenomenon. thats comforting.. in my dreams its hard to see a DC , but when this awkward moment happens i bet am in a huge crowd, tooo embarrassing :oops: what about u guys, about the population of DC wen this happens..??
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2013 10:32

R99 wrote:it happens to me sometimes, loosing my trousers in dream. i always wondered y this happens? so its not an odd phenomenon. thats comforting.. in my dreams its hard to see a DC , but when this awkward moment happens i bet am in a huge crowd, tooo embarrassing :oops: what about u guys, about the population of DC wen this happens..??

I think how your DCs react to the situation.. also symbolises what is happening in real life around the situation. So hence we would all probably be getting different reactions of the DCs to our exposure.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Feb 2013 22:58

I'll be honest.

Occasionally, in a lucid dream when I am in a busy city or any area teeming with people, I will actually voluntarily take of my pants and expose myself and strut around naked. It's not so much sexual, but liberating. It feels odd, and goes against anything I would normally do in real life, but in a lucid dream I have a confidence, and it is fun to do. I do it to get a reaction from the DC's. It's like I know I am doing something wrong, but I don't care, and what are you (DC's) going to do about it? (That's the juvenile psychology behind it. And deep down, behind my 'adult' veneer I am just a kid, and I think everyone is. And dreams are from that root-self.)

Return to “Dream Interpretation”