I need advice on facing lucid nightmares please

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
taniaaust1

Re: I need advice on facing lucid nightmares please

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Feb 2013 12:27

Ryan wrote: Likewise, humanity also has no idea what 'real' is either. :)
:ugeek: u may be right about that.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 13 Feb 2013 14:51

taniaaust1 wrote: :ugeek: u may be right about that.

Think about it...
What "real" is to most people is a pseudo-belief. We don't ever question that this reality is real. Why? Because you can touch things and they FEEL real, they have volume and they don't change... this reality fairly (99.9%) stable in just about every aspect of it.

THAT is what humanity defines as "real"... we don't *KNOW*, for a fact that this reality that we're currently all experiencing is anymore, truly real than a dream. I've experienced the non-physical. I've done experiments into just how "real" they are... and I've come to the conclusion that they're every bit as physical and real as this physical reality seems to us.

I've begun to question that pseudo-belief of what we have arbitrarily deemed as real... and I've come to some staggering possible conclusions that would rock the very fabric of our knowledge. But then most people I could tell would probably end up laughing at me and call me crazy.

"OF COURSE I KNOW WHAT IS REAL!"
... do you? Do you REALLY? :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 00:24

Ryan wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote: :ugeek: u may be right about that.

Think about it...
What "real" is to most people is a pseudo-belief. We don't ever question that this reality is real. Why? Because you can touch things and they FEEL real, they have volume and they don't change... this reality fairly (99.9%) stable in just about every aspect of it.

I question "reality" all the time as Im to aware of what may seem to be real, may not be real and also aware of the changable nature of even our physical reality. Im very very sure thou that dreams arent "real" and do come from the subconciousness thou there may be some reality and real things coming into them eg other peoples consciousnesses etc. Consciousness itself I view as real :)

I've experienced the non-physical. I've done experiments into just how "real" they are... and I've come to the conclusion that they're every bit as physical and real as this physical reality seems to us.
Me too.. Ive done A LOT of experiements over the years on "our reality/physical reality". I also play about with bringing the non physical into our physical and the interactiion between the two things. If you ask me nicely I may show you some of my photos, communication can be done with the non physical beings and many will then appear on photos at times if you ask them. Its not at all hard to get photos of them. (umm I see an interesting experiement coming up.. I wonder if I can get that to happen too remotely??? has anyone done that remotely and got other beings to appear on "others" photos??? If not.. guess that is something else I can play with in the future.. Will they allow themselves to be seen in other locations if asked?).

I currently have one of my best photos of a spirit ball..it was enjoying one of my plants, stuck on my camera as that one wont appear on my computer screen when I connect my camera to my computer. That's a new issue to me as usually the beings I get on my camera I can get the photo onto a computer file. (my boyfriend has suggested it may be something to do about my computer not having enough pizels or something and is going to take my camera to his house and try to get the spirit to appear on his computer which is better then mine.. if not .. I'll take my camera to computer shop for advice on how to get this being to appear online in my photo). This is the first time Ive had THIS ISSUE happen to me.. in the past any I see on my camera shots appear in the photos I put online.

Ive actually managed to control physical reality at times in some quite strange ways (well others would think its strange but I understand it so dont). I once went interstate with basically no food and no money for several days with the intent to "MANIFEST" all my physical needs using my mind and thoughts like Ive heard of some powerful lamas doing (using the principles of "The Secret". It worked out.. I even got a free hotel room, gifts and so many other things... all my needs were met and I had a great time away moneyless. Im not that special.. this world can be controlled like dreams... so is it real or not :D , its up to each of us to work that out for ourselves.

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 16 Feb 2013 12:23

Oneirophile wrote:Here are a few things that I think or say in LDs when confronted with things I'd rather not see:

"Hey, this is *my* lucid dream, I don't want you here, you have no place in it. Behave or leave."

"You're my creation, nothing more. Now I am going to turn you into a ______ which is what I would prefer to see in this lucid dream."

"You're not what I ordered. I wanted a ______ "

Etc.

Best wishes and have fun.

Thanks you for the reply! This is a very helpful list of things to do.

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 16 Feb 2013 21:47

Tried out some of your advice in my latest lucid dream and found out that confronting DC's in a nightmare makes them back down. I had a gun held to my back and became lucid and started questioning the guy. He backed down and sat in a chair close to a door. I was trying to be tough although I was still a little scared but when he backed down I exited the door and attempted to fly which failed miserably and caused a false awakening and I didn't realized it was a false awakening until i actually woke up. Three false awakenings in four lucid dreams you'd think I'd start to realize it haha. Anyways thanks for the advice it works and I will keep practicing. Best Wishes!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Feb 2013 09:32

kyle8812 wrote:Tried out some of your advice in my latest lucid dream and found out that confronting DC's in a nightmare makes them back down. I had a gun held to my back and became lucid and started questioning the guy. He backed down and sat in a chair close to a door. I was trying to be tough although I was still a little scared but when he backed down I exited the door and attempted to fly which failed miserably and caused a false awakening and I didn't realized it was a false awakening until i actually woke up. Three false awakenings in four lucid dreams you'd think I'd start to realize it haha. Anyways thanks for the advice it works and I will keep practicing. Best Wishes!

Sounds like you had quite a time there :) . Did you crash when you tried to fly? Last time I tried to fly I ended up belly flopping on concrete which I didnt expect to happen.. it really really hurt!!! Now Im too scared to try to fly like that (so last week went flying in a chair instead).

kyle8812

Postby kyle8812 » 17 Feb 2013 10:08

taniaaust1 wrote: Sounds like you had quite a time there :) . Did you crash when you tried to fly? Last time I tried to fly I ended up belly flopping on concrete which I didnt expect to happen.. it really really hurt!!! Now Im too scared to try to fly like that (so last week went flying in a chair instead).

I've had that happen twice! I can't fly yet only jump abnormally high and float back down. In this dream I tried to fly and it was like I was in a dark tunnel that wasn't very tall and then I landed on cement but it didn't hurt (probably because I lost a fair amount of lucidity). I'm hoping to master flying soon so far by best attempt was my first attempt which is kinda discouraging but I know it just takes practice and mental focus!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Feb 2013 11:01

kyle8812 wrote: I'm hoping to master flying soon so far by best attempt was my first attempt which is kinda discouraging but I know it just takes practice and mental focus!

All it takes is letting go of our normal waking thoughts of we cant do this stuff. Cause i feel so "normal" when Im LD.. I often find it very hard to do the things I dont do in RL and when I then fail due to that.. it goes and reinforces that I cant fly and will go and slam into the concrete. I could practice and practice but till i can over come my thoughts.. I wont get past this. I think its going to take.. doing wee little steps at a time to build up my confidence and over come the fear.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 17 Feb 2013 20:34

taniaaust1 wrote:
kyle8812 wrote: I'm hoping to master flying soon so far by best attempt was my first attempt which is kinda discouraging but I know it just takes practice and mental focus!

All it takes is letting go of our normal waking thoughts of we cant do this stuff. Cause i feel so "normal" when Im LD.. I often find it very hard to do the things I dont do in RL and when I then fail due to that.. it goes and reinforces that I cant fly and will go and slam into the concrete. I could practice and practice but till i can over come my thoughts.. I wont get past this. I think its going to take.. doing wee little steps at a time to build up my confidence and over come the fear.

Wee little steps is in my opinion the answer. i started lifting of the ground for a few feet, and wonderd why people did not find it abnormal.In time I could lift higher, and one day I was walking with a group of people it was a bit downhill, and then uphill. I said to my self "Why walk lets fly, and I was flying to the top of the hill" I love standing on top of a hill and look down into the vally, and jump off. At times I just fly accross,or find good thermals,and go up fell the wind on my body, and having a great time. In one dream I was flying accross a deep and wide crater, on the other site 5 kids came up to me and ask if they could also do it. I said: If you are sure you can fly just follow me,if not don't What a sight 5 kids from 12 to 4 and me flying in formation. The youngest got very low, we helped him to fly up. You should have seen the proud parents when the kids landed next to them.
Just believe you can fly, and you cant get hurt, When? you will in time, for same longer others shorter.
Just about all my dreams are clear dreams, a lot on the border of being lucid,but I am not in comand. I am at the door and i will in time remember that I am dreaming. A few days ego I was lucid but it was so real that I said: Am I dreaming? I said no this is not a dream it is to real, until it was to late,and I woke up. :)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Feb 2013 00:47

[quote="erichsa] Just believe you can fly, and you cant get hurt, [/quote]

That's the thing.. I did get hurt when I fell from trying to fly. It almost felt like I broke my ribs.. it was very painful. One is just as capable of feeling pain in a LD as one is in real life.

Note from that dream but Ive also ended up with actual physical body marks or swollen due to things in a dream (thou I do think that one was probably also an OBE) eg I once got slashed by a sword and woke up and found a big line down my arm where I was slashed.. then that arm started swelling (it was swollen for days). This is known by those into OBE as reprecussion, when the thoughts in the astral affect the etheric bodies energy which in turn impacts onto the physical body.

I know this is quite unusual but I arent the only one who's had this kind of thing happen, I know others who have had this issue too. Some weird things can also be done to the physical body by hypnosis too.. I think Ive read about people under hypnosis when told a pencil is a cigarette and then someone burns them with it.. they can actually manifest what looks like cigarette burns on their skin. This is how also stigmata bleeding http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stigmata (when people manifest the wounds of christ) is said to appear (thou probably it doesnt explain it in the wiki).

Should people in general worry about this stuff? Well I say no..as maybe it dont usually happen with dreaming? but more so with those who are having an OBE while having their full awareness?. But if anyone does have this happen, take care.

Return to “For Beginners”