WILD Technique help

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wardo

WILD Technique help

Postby Wardo » 16 Feb 2013 12:49

hello everyone. I will start by saying that I am relatively new to trying to intentionally lucid dream. I have in the past when I was younger had several dreams where I gained lucidity, but that was when I was much younger (I am 24 now.) I do however have relatively frequent vivid dreams and can recall multiple dreams almost every day. some more clear than others but on average I would say 3 or 4 pretty clearly most days. I have been attempting the wild technique but have a few questions I hope can be answered here by those that have success with the technique.

first I am wondering how to get past that uncomfortable feeling when trying to get to a sleep paralysis state? I have read that this is sometimes referred to as the roll over signal. a type of signal urging your body to move as a type of test to see if the mind is really sleeping. I get to this point where I feel so uncomfortable its almost impossible for me not to move. I repeat a phrase in my head and count each time as I do it while relaxing. usually between 200 or 300 I get that feeling and try not to give in but it usually becomes too much. I try to not focus on it and just focus on my phrase and count but usually only last 50 or so more counts before I give in. does anyone have any advice as to how to pass this point?

I am also wondering if being extremely tired can help or hurt my attempts with the wild technique? often between my job and life I am not offered much sleep during the week and on Friday nights I am exhausted. I find those Friday nights I have very vivid dreams and am not sure if this is a good time to attempt to wild. if it is a bad time is there any techniques that would work better being extremely tired?

one last thing I am wondering how helpful isochronic tones are when attempting to wild? and if there are any free ones available somewhere if they do help.

thanks to everyone who took the time to read this. I wish you the best and appreciate any and all input. sweet dreams

taniaaust1

Re: WILD Technique help

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 16:27

Wardo wrote:I am also wondering if being extremely tired can help or hurt my attempts with the wild technique? often between my job and life I am not offered much sleep during the week and on Friday nights I am exhausted. I find those Friday nights I have very vivid dreams and am not sure if this is a good time to attempt to wild. if it is a bad time is there any techniques that would work better being extremely tired?

I personally find that being tired can help with it as one gets into the state ready to WILD a lot faster (its good as long as you dont fall mentally asleep).

Give WILD a go when you are very tired to see if its going to work for you or not.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Wardo

Postby Wardo » 16 Feb 2013 22:55

taniaaust1 wrote:
Wardo wrote:I am also wondering if being extremely tired can help or hurt my attempts with the wild technique? often between my job and life I am not offered much sleep during the week and on Friday nights I am exhausted. I find those Friday nights I have very vivid dreams and am not sure if this is a good time to attempt to wild. if it is a bad time is there any techniques that would work better being extremely tired?

I personally find that being tired can help with it as one gets into the state ready to WILD a lot faster (its good as long as you dont fall mentally asleep).

Give WILD a go when you are very tired to see if its going to work for you or not.

definitely going to give it a shot when I am extremely tired. I am pretty good at keeping myself mentally aware and not dozing off.

I would have to say I think the thing holding me back the most is that time when my body is screaming at me to move when I have lied still for a while. it gives me a very uncomfortable feeling throughout my body almost a tingling sensation but very powerful and hard to ignore. mainly in my back and I always end up giving in and moving. I feel if I can overcome this obstacle I will be on the verge of a wild.

I don't know if there are any techniques that people use to overcome this feeling or even if others run into the same problem. I think that with more time experiencing the sensation I will be able to last longer and longer until I am finally able to let it subside.

on a good note I had a very short lucid dream last night. I noticed in my dream that I was in an unfamiliar place and could not think of how I got there. I also looked at a receipt and could not figure out what it said. I tried putting it in my wallet several times but each time I thought I did I looked at my hand and there it was again. I ended up putting it all together and decided if I was dreaming then I could will myself to fly. I jumped once bounced from the ground and shot into the air twenty or thirty feet.

I had a huge adrenaline rush and became very excited with the fact I had finally realized I was dreaming and gained lucidity, that and the natural thrill of taking flight while being consciously aware. then things turned into a dull greyish color and started becoming blurry, I desperately tried to rub my hands together trying to keep myself from waking up but was unable.

I woke back up but kept my eyes close trying hard to return to the dream. my hands still felt as if they were palms together but after a while of being unsuccessful I opened my eyes and immediately recorded the experience.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Feb 2013 09:38

Congrats at having the LD :D

My back and that gets very uncomfortable too if Im laying still to long.. hence why I like to try to do WILDS when Im a bit tired and having them happen faster (before that discomfort kicks in too much).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”