Not going lucid, What am i doing wrong?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
taniaaust1

Re: Not going lucid, What am i doing wrong?

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 04:17

HAGART wrote: I don't lucid dream at will and I don't know who does?

Most of my lucid dreams are at will so Im sure some out there are doing them at will all the time.. I achieve a WILD about 50% of the time I try and the only reason why Im dont have a higher success rate currently is that Im new to purposely triggering this technique (and also out of practice at deepening my states cause I left doing the LD stuff for 7? years so became out of practice).

I think of my formula of achieving a WILD is

1/ Get yourself in the right state for one (im still mastering exactly what the best state is.. I can tell when Ive hit "right state" thou but still need more work on tuning my brain into it. My right state doesnt necessarily have dream images coming in and out so I dont have that to go by and more so going via how my state feels)

2/ Set the intent and hold that intent (thou it dont have to be a strong hold as long as its still there while you go into what I call stage 3)

3/ Let yourself go (At that point I often make out Im going to go to an unconscious sleep but dont as the WILD happens before my waking brain shuts off at all). This letting go part I find important (thou not always necessariy as I have gone into the WILD while still doing the mantra) as it then further puts one deeper and straight into WILD faster. From having the "right state".. and then thinking "I'll maybe let myself go to sleep), I find it only takes seconds to less then a minute to go into a WILD (if im not in a WILD very very fast from there.. means I didnt have the state quite right.. practice will make perfect). This is where my 50% success rate is coming in.. cause often I havent "quite" got the right state before I did my third stage of "just relax and let go"... I'll either LD at this point or go to sleep when I let myself go, depending on if I had my state right or near enough right or not.

I could do some meditation with just allowing my waking consciousness to sink "deeper" to induce the WILD but the body rapidly just takes one to the state naturally if you just think about allowing yourself to go to sleep at the point once one has the other two steps in place, (while still holding the thoughts you have with intent). The letting go..stop "trying".. prevents "trying too hard".. something which can screw up the chance of going into even a WILD.. you need that super relaxed state of no concerns.

If I fall into unconsciousness dreaming at all.. there is no hardly any chance currently of me then having a LD cause Im not currently doing reality checking etc (no need to reality check with WILD as you know you are dreaming as suddenly you arent in bed).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 17 Feb 2013 21:55

taniaaust1 wrote:I don't lucid dream at will and I don't know who does?

After I wrote that I realized, I am probably wrong and some people actually do. However, like you said, it is a 50% chance and although you can improve I doubt it can ever be 100%. Again, someone out there probably does... but it is rare, and I don't think people should have that expectation to discourage them.

taniaaust1 wrote:and also out of practice at deepening my states cause I left doing the LD stuff for 7? years so became out of practice

Like I said about how lucid dreaming is a mindset or lifestyle, it is something we need to practice. You can't just learn it once and be an expert, but practice and focus on it regularly. However, it doesn't have to be hard, just a way of life that comes more naturally to some than to others. I am so fascinated with dreams in general it is a good foundation and nobody will lucid dream if they don't at least enjoy the dream side of life.

And your formula sounds great and it works for you. Others need to know their own formula and know "that feeling" for themselves. I still WILD by accident and am not there yet with my lucid dream control.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 17 Feb 2013 23:24

taniaaust1 wrote:1/ Get yourself in the right state for one (im still mastering exactly what the best state is.. I can tell when Ive hit "right state" thou but still need more work on tuning my brain into it. My right state doesnt necessarily have dream images coming in and out so I dont have that to go by and more so going via how my state feels)

2/ Set the intent and hold that intent (thou it dont have to be a strong hold as long as its still there while you go into what I call stage 3)

3/ Let yourself go (At that point I often make out Im going to go to an unconscious sleep but dont as the WILD happens before my waking brain shuts off at all). This letting go part I find important (thou not always necessariy as I have gone into the WILD while still doing the mantra) as it then further puts one deeper and straight into WILD faster. From having the "right state".. and then thinking "I'll maybe let myself go to sleep), I find it only takes seconds to less then a minute to go into a WILD (if im not in a WILD very very fast from there.. means I didnt have the state quite right.. practice will make perfect). This is where my 50% success rate is coming in.. cause often I havent "quite" got the right state before I did my third stage of "just relax and let go"... I'll either LD at this point or go to sleep when I let myself go, depending on if I had my state right or near enough right or not.

I'm motivated to try this myself! But first let me make sure I actually understand what I need to do
1. "right state" meaning how tired I am?
2. Do the mantra while having my mind focused on planning to lucid dream soon, and hold on to it as long as possible.
3. When it leaves my mind stop thinking about trying to lucid dream and relax.

Just 2 questions:
1. What should be the maximum and minimum time I hold my intent?
2. If I go through all 3 stages and nothing happens do I just go to sleep normally and try another night?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Feb 2013 01:32

Guitar48300 wrote:I'm motivated to try this myself! But first let me make sure I actually understand what I need to do
1. "right state" meaning how tired I am?

oh i know Im about to confuse you but no it isnt necessarily related to how tired someone is (Its a feeling but unfortunately i cant explain the feeling well).. but I just find that being a bit tired can help induce the other feeling.

I'll reply more to your post later as I got to go.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”