Time in Lucid Dreaming?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
NovemberRain2

Time in Lucid Dreaming?

Postby NovemberRain2 » 18 Feb 2013 23:18

Hey guys! So I'm new here, and I know this may seem like a stupid question, but it's been bothering me for ages! I was telling my friend about how I planned on working on lucid dreaming and he said that he heard about a man who knew how to lucid dream. This man apparently had been working on lucid dreaming for quite sometime, and stayed in one of his dreams for supposedly ten years, but was only asleep for about ten hours. He could control his dreams and live in the dream world for how ever long he wanted. Is this just a myth or, given the right amount of practice and concentration, can you really do things like that? I was just wondering because like I said it has just been killing me! Thanks so much!
~Holmes~

taniaaust1

Re: Time in Lucid Dreaming?

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2013 14:55

Dreams "usually" run by a different time then our RL time. It is usually impossible to tell how much RL time is going by while dreaming (thou with my OBEs I can). One can be in a dream for a very long "dream" time..to the point where one can be worried about getting back, only to then get back and find that only 45mins or so has passed by.

The longest alternative time I've spent out in another time was 3 days... ummm thou I have a vague recollection of a dream where I was experiencing another life of many weeks time.

Thats the good thing if you remember dreams vividly.. its like living more then one life and one has all these extra hours to be doing things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

torakrubik

Re: Time in Lucid Dreaming?

Postby torakrubik » 19 Feb 2013 23:49

As the above poster said, time runs at different rates in the dreamworld. However, it is very easy to FEEL like time has passed where actually all you have experienced is the FEELING that this is so. It's hard to differentiate between that and actual time slowing down in the dreamworld.
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “For Beginners”