How long does it takes you to achieve each wild?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
gandalfhere

How long does it takes you to achieve each wild?

Postby gandalfhere » 18 Feb 2013 15:06

I have had a couple of successful wild attempts, but i think there is something off with my technique.

It takes me a long time to achieve a wild, around 1 1/2 hours, and many times I give up and realize that that much time has passed. I try both wbtb and during afternoon naps, and I get the feeling in my hands and legs, and the hypnagogic images show up, but many times as the images and the feelings start getting more intense, my heart starts racing a bit and I move back to square one and lose all the progress.

Sometimes I think I'm too aware. Are you suppose to be fully aware or are you suppose to let your mind to be a bit foggy and sleepy? What is the sweet spot from being fully in control to totally let go that works best for you?

Thanks!

lucidinthe sky

Re: How long does it takes you to achieve each wild?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 19 Feb 2013 06:12

How long does it take me to successfully WILD? Anywhere from 10 seconds to 3 hours, but I would say that at this point 1 1/2 hours is fairly common for me. But I've only been at it for 1 year which is not much time really.

gandalfhere wrote:Sometimes I think I'm too aware. Are you suppose to be fully aware or are you suppose to let your mind to be a bit foggy and sleepy? What is the sweet spot from being fully in control to totally let go that works best for you?

I err on the side of being too aware and too excited, probably the same as you. Like you say, I end up pressing the reset button just as soon as there is progress. Finding that ellusive "sweet spot" is what we are all trying to master.

Your awareness is separate from the dreaming process which makes it possible to do LDs in the first place. The trick is to keep the awareness without interfering with dream process. In a way it's like multi-tasking. One of the things I've been trying to do lately is to stay at the threshold and try to go back and forth, in and out of the dream state in order to just work on the entry. I've only had two decent sessions doing this and gave up a few LDs while doing it. But it's worth working on because that's the hardest part is that entry point.

If you are intrested in trying this, I would like to know what you learn from it. I started a thread on the topic about managing WILD entry if you want to read it or contribute. In any case, good luck!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2013 14:28

"Sometimes I think I'm too aware. Are you suppose to be fully aware or are you suppose to let your mind to be a bit foggy and sleepy?"

I kind of prepare my body for the WILD and get myself in a close spot to the right place but to then hit the "sweet spot"... I then "stop trying" and let myself drift more (like as to go to sleep) and the WILD happens at that point. I find it helps if Im tired at that point where i let go and stop trying and can then go into a WILD 30-50 seconds later. (Note i may of layed there for 30-90mins focused on LDing before i feel tired enough to let myself go and go straight into the WILD).

With the really letting myself go part.. its very important that I go into the WILD extremely fast as if I dont.. I fall asleep (which happens 50% of time for me).. so hence its very important for me to judge my state of tiredness and by that, how fast Id go to body sleep state (if it takes too long and my mind is then drifting for more then an extremely short time.. then I'll lose it). Ideal would be to know when to let go within seconds of the body sleep state.

Im still working on improving my judgement of when my body is close enough to the sweet spot to know when to suddenly let myself go.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

gandalfhere

Postby gandalfhere » 21 Feb 2013 02:34

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

With WILD taking so long, I feel that all the time spent trying to really improve the technique will pay off. I try to do a WILD almost every night. I'm far from being able to go back and forth at the threshold of dreaming, but it sounds like a very cool thing to experiment with.

R99

Postby R99 » 22 Feb 2013 06:56

i read somewer that WILD is better wen u r at rest, the perfect time for wild is early morning, after a few hours of sleep.
I see the Truth now.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Feb 2013 04:00

gandalfhere wrote:I have had a couple of successful wild attempts, but i think there is something off with my technique.

It takes me a long time to achieve a wild, around 1 1/2 hours, and many times I give up and realize that that much time has passed. I try both wbtb and during afternoon naps, and I get the feeling in my hands and legs, and the hypnagogic images show up, but many times as the images and the feelings start getting more intense, my heart starts racing a bit and I move back to square one and lose all the progress.

Sometimes I think I'm too aware. Are you suppose to be fully aware or are you suppose to let your mind to be a bit foggy and sleepy? What is the sweet spot from being fully in control to totally let go that works best for you?

Thanks!

You're supposed to do whatever is comfortable and natural for *YOU*. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “For Beginners”