What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
22
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
38
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
29
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
29
25%
 
Total votes: 118

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Jack Reacher » 18 Feb 2013 01:14

taniaaust1 wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:Don't you think that's a bit arrogant? I mean, how would the universe have existed before humans then? (Assuming it did, which most evidence points too)



I too believe we are all Gods. When I say that.. I see us as not being "human" as such and hence being around maybe even before this universe existed.

Its not a belief in which I expect all to understand what I believe.

Maybe this world may be a world we are only dreaming.. made up by us .. just like our dreams are made up by us. A world that our waking human selves percieve as they do, just like the DCs think their world is real.


I actually believe what I do due to various experiences Ive had, tests of reality Ive done and I found that we can alter this reality and have it go to how we want.. just like we can with dreams.

eg I'd read about powerful lamas who just manifest their needs and believed in the stuff the book "The Secret" talks about (it was my belief system even before I read it.. like a knowing thing and also something i'd experiemented with a little.. just manifesting things I wanted here and there at times) but one day I was in this situation were I wanted to go interstate and do a course for a few days with my teacher who was coming from oversease.. but I had no money at all. So decided I'd actually try to "live" my beliefs.. and manifest ALL my needs like the powerful lamas do. This was the greatest test of my beliefs Ive done yet. My family thought i was crazy.. I only had money for the plane tickets (spent my normal grocery on them) and that was it. No money for anywhere to stay, no money for buses/trains, no money for food.. heading to a place where i didnt have any friends to back me up or anything.. yet I was determined to head interstate moneyless and live according to my "manifestation" beliefs to Manifest reality.

Anyway it worked out amazingly.. I had a great time away and all my needs were met... I manifested with my thoughts (just like we do in our LDs).. people then approached me and asked where I was heading.. when I said.. they go "well we are going that way too.. do you want to share our taxi". A guy out of the blue gave me his hotel room (he was only using it for 2-3 hrs to catch up on sleep during the day before he had to head off but had paid for a full night).... then next night I got given a room to stay in FREE for 2 more days where my course was .. someone had booked a room at the place but didnt show up and the room had already been paid for and with that room included the meals (I didnt end up sleeping on the street or going hungry at all.. instead I had all you can eat gormet meals in that room the whole time i was away :D .. better then what I'd got had I taken money with me).

Note.. I didnt do any begging or anything or even ask anyone for anything.. everything I got i just thought about and then out of the blue was offered to me. I even come home with several gifts..3 DVDs I wanted. Things got crazy.. I almost got some jewelry too.. a ring I really wanted I was offered one exactly like one I'd been looking at in a store window but I think it was stolen so I knocked it back (cause I didnt know how that karma would play out if I accepted a ring I'd manifested but was stolen by another..so I saw it as being contaminated).

Ive also had other experiences of things which arent meant to be possible in this world.

As i also remember past lives (well not all just some of mine).. I also know I have been other then human in some of those. I also have a vague memory of before I was ever human for the first time on this planet. I came here (not in human form) with another.

.....

So what I advise is test out this reality to see for yourself (just as you create in a LD)..start off slow as if you have doubts it will block the manifestion from occuring. I started off with simple things.. a video recorder I needed, a tv...a surf board (another me in another dimesion helped me with that, my manifested surfboard is called "Dream Weaver).. manifesting things like that. Then a car.... and then finally those 3 days away manifesting ALL my needs. I personally do not do this often.. only when I have a very strong desire for something which I cant afford. (as I think karmic spiritual principles also may come into play and I dont want go and use up all my good karma).

I think my past experience in controlling my thoughts in LDs and manifesting there.. helped with all this.

anyway.. my beliefs come from my own experiences.


Im really confused on what you mean by manifesting my needs. When you say go manifest my need for say, a car, what are you talking about? Going out and buying a car, hoping a stranger will give it to you, or actually deluding yourself into thinking it will appear out of nothing? sorry if I seem a little critical but I dont really make any sense out of what you are saying, a bunch of people realised you had no money and shouted you a room and you think you have some sort of mental power?

One other thing I want to point out is, is it just us regular folk who live in developed countries who have this mental power to do whatever it is you are suggesting, or can people who are born crippled, mentally ill, or in severe poverty have this ability as well?
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 18 Feb 2013 05:31

Jack Reacher wrote:Im really confused on what you mean by manifesting my needs. When you say go manifest my need for say, a car, what are you talking about? Going out and buying a car, hoping a stranger will give it to you, or actually deluding yourself into thinking it will appear out of nothing? sorry if I seem a little critical but I dont really make any sense out of what you are saying, a bunch of people realised you had no money and shouted you a room and you think you have some sort of mental power?

One other thing I want to point out is, is it just us regular folk who live in developed countries who have this mental power to do whatever it is you are suggesting, or can people who are born crippled, mentally ill, or in severe poverty have this ability as well?

An example... a gentleman who posted recently on another forum I'm a member of stated that they recently went for a "journey". They took no money with them on this journey and just set off... holding the Intent that their needs will be met by whatever means occurs. They were manifesting their needs.

He went several weeks having other people offer places to stay, food to eat, etc...

That's what they mean by manifesting your means. Allow the universe to align in order to help you.

If I'm not correct in what taniaaust1 was saying, then I'm sure they'll correct me. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Feb 2013 08:46

Ryan wrote:He went several weeks having other people offer places to stay, food to eat, etc...

That's what they mean by manifesting your means. Allow the universe to align in order to help you.

If I'm not correct in what taniaaust1 was saying, then I'm sure they'll correct me. :)


I think that's called: being lucky. ;)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Summerlander » 18 Feb 2013 16:17

Worldenterer1 wrote:
Ryan wrote:He went several weeks having other people offer places to stay, food to eat, etc...

That's what they mean by manifesting your means. Allow the universe to align in order to help you.

If I'm not correct in what taniaaust1 was saying, then I'm sure they'll correct me. :)


I think that's called: being lucky. ;)


:lol:

Me too. I work in a bookmaker. I see the odds being against the punters. I meet people of all backgrounds, beliefs and holding various strange superstitions. But the story repeats itself. When they win, they assign it great significance. Some believe deities are rewarding them for something they have done. Others believe the universe is sending them good vibrations. Others think it's good karma. If they wish for something and it happens by chance, they often believe it to be special. This is also known as confirmation bias. They forget that most of the time I see them cursing at their losses. :mrgreen:

I believe in luck. I really do. I was lucky enough to be born healthy and to have had the chance to grow intellectually. My kids are equally healthy and I am generally happy with my life. But I don't forget that I could have been born in a poor country like Ethiopia, or have been born with birth defects, disabled, cancerous, or oppressed as a homosexual in the wrong community etc.

A baby born with horrible mutations in the aftermath of an atomic catastrophe can hardly be blamed for not having allowed the universe to "align" itself in his or her favour.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 18 Feb 2013 19:23

Summerlander wrote:Me too. I work in a bookmaker. I see the odds being against the punters. I meet people of all backgrounds, beliefs and holding various strange superstitions. But the story repeats itself. When they win, they assign it great significance. Some believe deities are rewarding them for something they have done. Others believe the universe is sending them good vibrations. Others think it's good karma. If they wish for something and it happens by chance, they often believe it to be special. This is also known as confirmation bias. They forget that most of the time I see them cursing at their losses. :mrgreen:


Yeah, people always credit deities with the good and never bad.

Exe.)

Very sick person on death's doorstep happens to get better. "God did it."

Perfectly healthy person has a heart attack and dies. "Just happens 'cause it happens. :roll: "
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 19 Feb 2013 01:25

Worldenterer1 wrote:Yeah, people always credit deities with the good and never bad.

Exe.)

Very sick person on death's doorstep happens to get better. "God did it."

Perfectly healthy person has a heart attack and dies. "Just happens 'cause it happens. :roll: "

I just wanted to point out that nobody mentioned "god". You just did, not I. Neither did the gentleman who ventured out on his journey.

But that's okay, you don't have to believe it. I bought it up as a scenario. I'm just puzzled by your complete disregard of it. Why does the "chance" for this to be true seem to offend you so much? The gentleman who did it believes it, and because it did happen, it's good evidence for this kind of positive thinking (Intent) as well.

Science is already doing experiments that show that our "beliefs" change our reality.
The National Post wrote such a story recently: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/02/11/sex-selective-programs-and-the-belief-that-boys-will-be-boys-stigmatizes-students-study/

There's also the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) (http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/)
They've been doing consciousness research since 1979 and have come to the conclusion that consciousness definitely does effect reality. You can go to their website

Then there's other phenomenon that science says shouldn't exist either such as the placebo effect.
You said before that you're open to the possibilities... but your words above show contrary to that statement.

I have found that most people who aren't ready to even begin to consider beginning question their reality seem to go out of their way to provide themselves with excuses as to why they shouldn't begin to question things. Again, that's fine... everyone comes to their own conclusions on their own time.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Jack Reacher » 19 Feb 2013 03:08

Ryan wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote:Im really confused on what you mean by manifesting my needs. When you say go manifest my need for say, a car, what are you talking about? Going out and buying a car, hoping a stranger will give it to you, or actually deluding yourself into thinking it will appear out of nothing? sorry if I seem a little critical but I dont really make any sense out of what you are saying, a bunch of people realised you had no money and shouted you a room and you think you have some sort of mental power?

One other thing I want to point out is, is it just us regular folk who live in developed countries who have this mental power to do whatever it is you are suggesting, or can people who are born crippled, mentally ill, or in severe poverty have this ability as well?

An example... a gentleman who posted recently on another forum I'm a member of stated that they recently went for a "journey". They took no money with them on this journey and just set off... holding the Intent that their needs will be met by whatever means occurs. They were manifesting their needs.

He went several weeks having other people offer places to stay, food to eat, etc...

That's what they mean by manifesting your means. Allow the universe to align in order to help you.

If I'm not correct in what taniaaust1 was saying, then I'm sure they'll correct me. :)


Yeah I see what you mean now, I dunno it just seems kinda naive to me. I mean that just sounds like luck to me, I find it hard to hold a spiritual position due to the fact there is so much unnesscary random evil in the world. Not just evil but random deaths, people being born with bad cards and no freedom, children being born so they can work in sweatshops all so that us regular folk in the happy developed world can reap the rewards of good karma by simply shutting everything out and wishing it to be true.

This sounds like utter nonsense, I believe we have the power to get what we want if we put our mind to it, you and you alone earn what you set out to achieve. I dont see any reason why people should give credit to a higher cosmological order when all they need is themselves and each other.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

User avatar
Worldenterer1
Posts: 347
Joined: 03 Sep 2011 19:35
Location: Earth

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Worldenterer1 » 19 Feb 2013 04:52

Ryan wrote:I just wanted to point out that nobody mentioned "god". You just did, not I. Neither did the gentleman who ventured out on his journey.


Slow down there buckaroo! I was just using an example! No need to pick it apart like you're preforming an autopsy! :)
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Ryan » 19 Feb 2013 15:26

Worldenterer1 wrote:Slow down there buckaroo! I was just using an example! No need to pick it apart like you're preforming an autopsy! :)

CLEAR!! *ZAAAAAAAAAAAP* ;)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby Summerlander » 19 Feb 2013 18:17

It's not good evidence and chance can't be ruled out.

There's also the Princeton Engineering Anomalies Research (PEAR) (http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/)
They've been doing consciousness research since 1979 and have come to the conclusion that consciousness definitely does effect reality.


PEAR failed to convince mainstream science that their conclusions are genuine and closed six years ago. Not to mention the publication bias that was involved to back up their polemics. If consciousness was able to effect physical machines, FOT machines would work in favour of the punters in bookies and these would have gone bankrupt by now.

You don't have to do a statistical study to figure out that the bookmaker is the only winner and as much as some like to believe that the machines are rigged to make them lose, one only needs to make basic observations to derive the logic that the odds are simply and naturally against them.

Bem also claimed to have demonstrated the veracity of precognition. His experiments were replicated without the same results. It's people like these, and Duncan MacDougall as I mentioned earlier with his "25 gram" soul that give science a bad name. Well, they show us what bad science is and it is amusingly a relief to see that proper science quickly rules out their biased conclusions via experimentation.

Then there's other phenomenon that science says shouldn't exist either such as the placebo effect.


The placebo effect is a phenomenon that many vitalists conveniently uphold as proof of mind over matter. But that is not the case at all. To give a simple example, the belief that a sugar pill is real medicine that can cure a headache can reduce stress and work in favour of the sufferer. In the same vein, when a person is told to calm down his or her state of mind can improve greatly.

Simply telling someone that they are about to take medicine that will relieve pain can make them smile. Smiling, even when you don't want to, can dupe the brain into releasing its 'happy' chemicals such as dopamine and serotonin.

The placebo effect merely points to the importance of perception and the important role that the brain plays in physical health. No more no less.

I'd like to know where a spokesperson for the scientific community states that the placebo effect shouldn't exist... :roll:

@ Jack Reacher:

This sounds like utter nonsense, I believe we have the power to get what we want if we put our mind to it, you and you alone earn what you set out to achieve. I dont see any reason why people should give credit to a higher cosmological order when all they need is themselves and each other.


Well said, Jack! :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 1 guest