Jumping back into dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Dreamstooreal

Jumping back into dreams

Postby Dreamstooreal » 19 Feb 2013 09:21

Hi there, I've always dreamt so much that I'm usually tired each day but the last two nights dreams have been very different. The first night, I spent an entire night with a friend of mine who died 20 years ago. We were in a house on a narrow street and were sitting on an old mattress in the front yard watching tele. We were having a great time and I remember thinking, this is just a dream, and then thinking, no it's not, it's real this time. My friend and I were talking backwards and forwards, just hanging out. At some point I decided this was ridiculous and I should just accept it as a dream and woke up. Then as I was falling asleep I thought that I'd like to go back there and see him again. So I did, over and over again. The next night I dreamt of my ex husband and the same thing happened. It was in the same house as the night before, on the same street, and I told him in the dream, that this was just a dream as I could hear an ambulance at midnight and that doesn't usually happen. I partly woke up and then said to him, "I think I'd rather stay here than wake up", so I decided to stay and did stay. This went on all night. I would wake enough to know I was really awake, but I could go back to the dream whenever I chose. In the dream towards the end I was thinking "NO! This is real, the awake part is really the dream. I'm going to stay here". I honestly could not tell which was real, the dream or being awake. I mean I actually was thinking rationally during the time in the dream that this was the reality, not the other way around. Could it be possible that the reason dreams have never been understood is because they really are real?

torakrubik

Re: Jumping back into dreams

Postby torakrubik » 19 Feb 2013 23:32

It kind of depends on what 'real' means to you. I and many others on here share the opinion that reality is whatever you are experiencing at any time. Hence, whilst you are dreaming, the dream is real. Shorty after starting my lucid dreaming journey, several very vivid and moving lucid dreams forced me to consider just how different they were from waking reality. The line between dreaming and waking reality started to blur for me.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2013 01:46

I personally believe some OBEs are real.. maybe you actually were meeting these people who'd passed over? Ive met loved ones like that before who have come to me when I was in the right state to preceive them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Feb 2013 02:49

My dreams are very real so I know what you are talking about. I think that all reality is experiential so in that sense dreams are just as real as waking life.

In my lucid dreams I am so completely amazed at how real things are, I spend so much of the time just thinking about that and touching everything in disbelief, like you see children doing in a store where their parents have to stop them. That feeling of never completely believing it's a dream is so awesome. I had such a difficult time at first, just accepting the fact that it was a dream and I wasn't awake. Recently, I did a reality check where there was 6 fingers on my hand and was so upset that it wasn't working any more. Thought to myself "I knew this would happen sooner or later, obviously awake but with 6 fingers on my hand. What will people on the forum think about that?"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”