My mind won't be quiet!!!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
KylePK

Re: My mind won't be quiet!!!

Postby KylePK » 16 Feb 2013 07:06

Ryan wrote:
KylePK wrote:How come I can't consciously deal in such great detail? Its really frustrating.

Because the conscious mind isn't very good at creating on the same scale as the subconscious.

My friend induced his first lucid dream by creating a city in his mind, with all the detail and complexity he wanted. I can't do this, my conscious mind can't seem to handle it.

He visualized a city in his mind. This is relatively the same as creating it in a dream via your subconscious... it's just not as visual.

You can do this too with a bit of practice. It's really not hard. :)

Each time I try I am at a loss of detail, I have to recall places I have been or seen, and I can't collectively visualize the city. Its like piece by piece, but I can't seem to retain everything together. I look at a picture of a city but I can't seem to recreate even a fraction of its grandeur, its detail, complexity and size, let alone hold it all together once I did visualize it. I think you may overestimate how 'easy' it is lol.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Feb 2013 17:11

Ryan wrote:
KylePK wrote:How come I can't consciously deal in such great detail? Its really frustrating.

Because the conscious mind isn't very good at creating on the same scale as the subconscious.

My friend induced his first lucid dream by creating a city in his mind, with all the detail and complexity he wanted. I can't do this, my conscious mind can't seem to handle it.

He visualized a city in his mind. This is relatively the same as creating it in a dream via your subconscious... it's just not as visual.

You can do this too with a bit of practice. It's really not hard. :)

Ryan. I used visualization techniques every day FOR YEARS eg guided meditations and other visualization exercises in which I had to visualize things and never become any better with my ability to visualize thou I do think many people do improve.. but it just wasnt the case for me and that certainly wasnt a lack of trying as I was working on it daily.

I nowdays dont even bother with that as for those who this just dont work for.. there is other ways around the issue.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 16 Feb 2013 17:28

taniaaust1 wrote:Ryan. I used visualization techniques every day FOR YEARS eg guided meditations and other visualization exercises in which I had to visualize things and never become any better with my ability to visualize thou I do think many people do improve.. but it just wasnt the case for me and that certainly wasnt a lack of trying as I was working on it daily.

I nowdays dont even bother with that as for those who this just dont work for.. there is other ways around the issue.

May I inquire as to "how" (your definition) you visualize?

Through my experience with helping people, I have found that most people have an incorrect concept of what visualization is.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Feb 2013 10:24

Ryan wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Ryan. I used visualization techniques every day FOR YEARS eg guided meditations and other visualization exercises in which I had to visualize things and never become any better with my ability to visualize thou I do think many people do improve.. but it just wasnt the case for me and that certainly wasnt a lack of trying as I was working on it daily.

May I inquire as to "how" (your definition) you visualize?

Through my experience with helping people, I have found that most people have an incorrect concept of what visualization is.

My definition of visualisation is when one tries to imagine something happening and then start seeing once one gets involved in the imagination eg one could be doing a guided meditation which leads one down a path.. and one is supposed to imagine this. Most people will be able to see themselves as being there when they get into the meditation. I never thou could.. even if i used the meditation regularly. I just couldnt imagine via images at all what it would be like.

I know Im a bit unusual with this as I used to actually run a meditation class and all the others I used to guide on meditations (I had 4-6 who used to come to these meditaitons) would after share all the things they saw while doing it.

I used to also go to clairvoyance classes for 3-4 years and thou everyone else there in my class (about 8-9 of us), the others would end up "seeing" images when doing readings (which we were then taught how to deciper what psychic images meant).. I hardly ever got images, it was far harder for me as I had to give my readings by whatever I innerly heard spoken to my mind, smelt, felt or just knew. I truely was the dunce of the class when it came to images....I can only connect that problem I had to the fact I also have issue with visualization.

So from my experience I think that "most" people are visual.. but some of us just arent.

In RL Ive havent got much ability to recognise peoples faces either, a mild form of a medical conditon called prosopagnosia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia.. once I didnt even recognise my own brother in law at my door even after we'd been speaking for 5mins (with me trying to work out who he was the whole time).. I think that too is tied in with my inability to "imagine" via an image/visualisation of someones face.. once again evidence that I really struggle with visualisation..

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Feb 2013 10:49

Kyle. This morning I had a very rare episode of visualizing something and Im still in awe that I did that and of what it felt like to actually experience visualization :D .

I was spontanously getting some hypnagogic hallunications coming in (which are rare for me.. I usually go into LD without those) when relaxed with the hope of a LD. After I started getting those I suddenly found out when I tried.. I could visualize. It was awesome :D . So I suggest to give visualization another go when you are getting images coming in as this may be the state you need to be in to be abel to visualize.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 18 Feb 2013 05:37

Well, many years ago I came across one of the few helpful articles written by Robert Bruce... give it a read and let me know your opinion on it.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways/using-new-full-tutorial/73-part-2-no-visualization.html

It's his description and reasoning of what visualization is. It's something I'm really in full agreement with... and Bruce and I don't usually see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. LOL
Or join my forums!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 18 Feb 2013 08:31

taniaaust1 wrote:Kyle. This morning I had a very rare episode of visualizing something and Im still in awe that I did that and of what it felt like to actually experience visualization :D .

I was spontanously getting some hypnagogic hallunications coming in (which are rare for me.. I usually go into LD without those) when relaxed with the hope of a LD. After I started getting those I suddenly found out when I tried.. I could visualize. It was awesome :D . So I suggest to give visualization another go when you are getting images coming in as this may be the state you need to be in to be abel to visualize.

That is usually when I try my visualization. I have had results in this, but I can't consciously guide the visualization, I let it guide me, which doesn't help me really because then I can't consciously create detail and vastness, I just follow as my subconscious creates it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2013 02:19

Ryan wrote:Well, many years ago I came across one of the few helpful articles written by Robert Bruce... give it a read and let me know your opinion on it.

http://www.astraldynamics.com/home/new-energy-ways/using-new-full-tutorial/73-part-2-no-visualization.html

It's his description and reasoning of what visualization is. It's something I'm really in full agreement with... and Bruce and I don't usually see eye-to-eye on a lot of things. LOL

I have his book Astral Dynamics (unfortunately I didnt ever find it useful to help me to OBE..and ended up having to use techniques of a different book). When I brought it and read it thou, I found out he's had some of the same kind of weirder OBE experiences Ive had so found that interesting.

The link you've provided isnt bringing up his description and reasoning of what visualization is.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Feb 2013 05:13

taniaaust1 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Well, many years ago I came across one of the few helpful articles written by Robert Bruce... give it a read and let me know your opinion on it.

I have his book Astral Dynamics (unfortunately I didnt ever find it useful to help me to OBE..and ended up having to use techniques of a different book). When I brought it and read it thou, I found out he's had some of the same kind of weirder OBE experiences Ive had so found that interesting.

The link you've provided isnt bringing up his description and reasoning of what visualization is.

Bah! He changed his website... so I'll need to find the article again. >_<
Or join my forums!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 20 Feb 2013 21:55

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2425218/NEW-ENERGY-WAYS-by-Robert-Bruce
Chapter two I think

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”