What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

taniaaust1

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Feb 2013 11:26

Im really confused on what you mean by manifesting my needs. When you say go manifest my need for say, a car, what are you talking about? Going out and buying a car, hoping a stranger will give it to you, or actually deluding yourself into thinking it will appear out of nothing?

I simply think I want a car and then someone actually just gave me a car (actually I paid $30 for it to just make it a legal thing... I choose to give the $30 I didnt have too). It was a beautiful blue classic holden in mint condition and had been all done up. The person who gave it to me had schizophrenia and thought he was going blind.. so he just gave his car away (his bad sight issue went away later but the car was already mine then). There was no way I would of got this car without putting out my thought I was some how going to receive one. (often there will be very strange situations behind me getting something which I try to manifest something for myself.. hence why I dont like to do it often. sometimes bad things have happened to bring the object I wanted to me).

It usually takes 3 days for the object Im trying to manifest to come to me (I used to over do the thoughts and used to end up on the third day often being given 2 of the object I'd wanted eg I got given 2 tvs .. when I was unemployed and needed a job and used manifestation to try to get one .. I got given 2 different jobs within 48 hrs of each other so then had to choose which one to knock back and which to take..

sorry if I seem a little critical but I dont really make any sense out of what you are saying, a bunch of people realised you had no money and shouted you a room and you think you have some sort of mental power?

The "strangers' had no idea I had no money.. I wasnt going around telling strangers about my money situation.. that to me would be like begging or trying to get someone to feel sorry for you to get something. I didnt do that. I was taking care to hide my situation from people as I didnt want people to know and I was SURE things would work out how they were supposed to be. I wasnt concerned. It makes me think of the LD stuff..set the intent and then let it go, trust it will happen. (I think this frees up the energy of the intent)

eg I got given rooms as people felt it was a waste that these rooms were going to be empty and on finding out I hadnt booked one yet anywhere, just asked me I wanted a room eg I chatted to the stranger at the airport.. just general friendly convo.. hi where are you from? etc.. when he asked me what I was doing in that state and where I was from.. I told him I'd come to that state and was doing a course the next day. He goes.. "where are you staying? if we are going same direction you may as well jump into my taxi.. etc and I'll help you carry your stuff" etc etc and I go "i dont know yet where Im going to stay, Im about to sort that out" he just goes.. you can have my room as it will save you having to get one. (most people who gave me stuff didnt have any idea at all that I had no money, there was only one person found out I didnt have any money).

The only time I got anything during that time from someone who knew I didnt have any money was the 3 DVDs I wanted.. travelling to the course from so far, she wanted me to have them as also due to her spiritual beliefs it was her good deed of the day (they were spiritual DVDs).. interestingly.. I didnt even tell her I wanted them thou really really did.

Its hard for me to think that event after event going like this during those fews days were just coincidence!! It would be one heck of a coincidence to get everything I wanted for 3 days free.

One other thing I want to point out is, is it just us regular folk who live in developed countries who have this mental power to do whatever it is you are suggesting, or can people who are born crippled, mentally ill, or in severe poverty have this ability as well?

I personally believe ANYONE can do this.. all it takes is faith in manifestation and also the "knowing" you are abundant and feeling so at the time so one can draw things to one .. and I'd like to point out I are usually in poverty and hence why I was travelling without money in the first place. (I dont believe that money is important.. and seem to usually get my needs met some how and that is all which matters to me).

Those born crippled.. usually has some karmic reason or a reason why they choose to come into this world like that, they are supposed to be like that, they have something to learn via it or something to teach another via it. (I dont believe people can manifest stuff well or in a good way if their karma isnt balanced right). I believe there are various spiritual laws which come into things and the law of manifestation doesnt necessarily over ride the others (but then if someone has bad karma they can change that too via their deeds).

Unfortunately the mentally ill I'd think would have some issues with "postive" manifestation.. due to imbalances of energy bodies and auric leaks and tears. They often are "projecting" energy all over the place without a good focus on positive needs... they often create too many "thought forms"at once.. not enough clarity and it is the thought forms we've created subconciously we feed with energy when we are drawing an object or situation towards us till it manifests. (one can actually feel the build up of energy the closer eg in time...the object gets)

its ok if you dont believe this.. I dont care if people do or not. Im simply answering the question asked to me. Yogis are taught how to consciously do these things. There are some things which can be done to make this stuff stronger (Ive been fortunate to have some good teachers).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 20 Feb 2013 18:36

taniaaust1 wrote:It usually takes 3 days for the object Im trying to manifest to come to me (I used to over do the thoughts and used to end up on the third day often being given 2 of the object I'd wanted eg I got given 2 tvs .. when I was unemployed and needed a job and used manifestation to try to get one .. I got given 2 different jobs within 48 hrs of each other so then had to choose which one to knock back and which to take..

I've done this kind of thing many times myself so I know it can be done.

I find it interesting that when we talk about dream reality, everyone seems to accept and understand that what happens in dreams is based completely on what you believe, manifest, expect to happen, etc. That's actually what "faith" is.

So why would that not be at least partially true in waking life? When it comes to waking life, suddenly what you believe, manifest, expect to happen, etc. has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happens?

My experince has been otherwise.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 20 Feb 2013 18:57

lucidinthe sky wrote:I've done this kind of thing many times myself so I know it can be done.

I find it interesting that when we talk about dream reality, everyone seems to accept and understand that what happens in dreams is based completely on what you believe, manifest, expect to happen, etc. That's actually what "faith" is.

So why would that not be at least partially true in waking life? When it comes to waking life, suddenly what you believe, manifest, expect to happen, etc. has absolutely nothing to do with what actually happens?

My experince has been otherwise.

Not to mention that there is PLENTY of evidence to support it too. One just needs to be a bit more open minded about such things.

The National Post article itself says it all really. lol
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 20 Feb 2013 22:38

taniaaust1 wrote:
Im really confused on what you mean by manifesting my needs. When you say go manifest my need for say, a car, what are you talking about? Going out and buying a car, hoping a stranger will give it to you, or actually deluding yourself into thinking it will appear out of nothing?

I simply think I want a car and then someone actually just gave me a car (actually I paid $30 for it to just make it a legal thing... I choose to give the $30 I didnt have too). It was a beautiful blue classic holden in mint condition and had been all done up. The person who gave it to me had schizophrenia and thought he was going blind.. so he just gave his car away (his bad sight issue went away later but the car was already mine then). There was no way I would of got this car without putting out my thought I was some how going to receive one. (often there will be very strange situations behind me getting something which I try to manifest something for myself.. hence why I dont like to do it often. sometimes bad things have happened to bring the object I wanted to me).

It usually takes 3 days for the object Im trying to manifest to come to me (I used to over do the thoughts and used to end up on the third day often being given 2 of the object I'd wanted eg I got given 2 tvs .. when I was unemployed and needed a job and used manifestation to try to get one .. I got given 2 different jobs within 48 hrs of each other so then had to choose which one to knock back and which to take..

sorry if I seem a little critical but I dont really make any sense out of what you are saying, a bunch of people realised you had no money and shouted you a room and you think you have some sort of mental power?

The "strangers' had no idea I had no money.. I wasnt going around telling strangers about my money situation.. that to me would be like begging or trying to get someone to feel sorry for you to get something. I didnt do that. I was taking care to hide my situation from people as I didnt want people to know and I was SURE things would work out how they were supposed to be. I wasnt concerned. It makes me think of the LD stuff..set the intent and then let it go, trust it will happen. (I think this frees up the energy of the intent)

eg I got given rooms as people felt it was a waste that these rooms were going to be empty and on finding out I hadnt booked one yet anywhere, just asked me I wanted a room eg I chatted to the stranger at the airport.. just general friendly convo.. hi where are you from? etc.. when he asked me what I was doing in that state and where I was from.. I told him I'd come to that state and was doing a course the next day. He goes.. "where are you staying? if we are going same direction you may as well jump into my taxi.. etc and I'll help you carry your stuff" etc etc and I go "i dont know yet where Im going to stay, Im about to sort that out" he just goes.. you can have my room as it will save you having to get one. (most people who gave me stuff didnt have any idea at all that I had no money, there was only one person found out I didnt have any money).

The only time I got anything during that time from someone who knew I didnt have any money was the 3 DVDs I wanted.. travelling to the course from so far, she wanted me to have them as also due to her spiritual beliefs it was her good deed of the day (they were spiritual DVDs).. interestingly.. I didnt even tell her I wanted them thou really really did.

Its hard for me to think that event after event going like this during those fews days were just coincidence!! It would be one heck of a coincidence to get everything I wanted for 3 days free.

One other thing I want to point out is, is it just us regular folk who live in developed countries who have this mental power to do whatever it is you are suggesting, or can people who are born crippled, mentally ill, or in severe poverty have this ability as well?

I personally believe ANYONE can do this.. all it takes is faith in manifestation and also the "knowing" you are abundant and feeling so at the time so one can draw things to one .. and I'd like to point out I are usually in poverty and hence why I was travelling without money in the first place. (I dont believe that money is important.. and seem to usually get my needs met some how and that is all which matters to me).

Those born crippled.. usually has some karmic reason or a reason why they choose to come into this world like that, they are supposed to be like that, they have something to learn via it or something to teach another via it. (I dont believe people can manifest stuff well or in a good way if their karma isnt balanced right). I believe there are various spiritual laws which come into things and the law of manifestation doesnt necessarily over ride the others (but then if someone has bad karma they can change that too via their deeds).

Unfortunately the mentally ill I'd think would have some issues with "postive" manifestation.. due to imbalances of energy bodies and auric leaks and tears. They often are "projecting" energy all over the place without a good focus on positive needs... they often create too many "thought forms"at once.. not enough clarity and it is the thought forms we've created subconciously we feed with energy when we are drawing an object or situation towards us till it manifests. (one can actually feel the build up of energy the closer eg in time...the object gets)

its ok if you dont believe this.. I dont care if people do or not. Im simply answering the question asked to me. Yogis are taught how to consciously do these things. There are some things which can be done to make this stuff stronger (Ive been fortunate to have some good teachers).

Most stuff you posted I have no problem with at it, but this part here is the main thing that pulls me away from most spiritual stuff

I personally feel, after looking at the world in its entirely, that this spiritual balance sheet you look to doesnt quite balance. That woman who was locked away behind a soundproofed wall and raped daily for years by her husband, in front of her children, was simply carrying out some karmic cycle? No one in their right mind would truely say this is right, or moral, or whatever you want to call it.

Same goes for autistic teenagers who walk into kindergardens and kill children. I dont see any order here, its just unnesscessary random noise.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Feb 2013 00:38

Jack Reacher wrote:Most stuff you posted I have no problem with at it, but this part here is the main thing that pulls me away from most spiritual stuff

I personally feel, after looking at the world in its entirely, that this spiritual balance sheet you look to doesnt quite balance. That woman who was locked away behind a soundproofed wall and raped daily for years by her husband, in front of her children, was simply carrying out some karmic cycle? No one in their right mind would truely say this is right, or moral, or whatever you want to call it.

Same goes for autistic teenagers who walk into kindergardens and kill children. I dont see any order here, its just unnesscessary random noise.

For the most part, I kind of agree with you. People "come" to this reality to learn... and we're all given (ask for?) whatever it is we need in order to grow. It's what we do with that gift; it's how we choose to act towards others using this gift that allows us to grow spiritually.

It has much more to do with HOW you act, than who or what you are.

I'm not a big believer in Karma. :)
I view life from the point of view that we're all consciousness... and from that point of view, you get a different outlook on most things than most people.
Or join my forums!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 21 Feb 2013 14:53

Jack Reacher wrote:Most stuff you posted I have no problem with at it, but this part here is the main thing that pulls me away from most spiritual stuff

With the karma thing.. I believe it runs across all our lives. When one looks at only one life it can look very unbalanced as you are only looking at a small part instead of the whole.

That woman who was locked away behind a soundproofed wall and raped daily for years by her husband, in front of her children, was simply carrying out some karmic cycle?

Maybe that woman was a serial rapist in the past in another life who dominated others in many bad ways with no understanding how it would affect those she did it too? so experiencing what it is like herself is a "lesson" in itself.. maybe karma is more about lessons then punishment. Maybe the children need to learn unconditional love..... the guy is their father doing the negative deed so maybe a lead into a deeper unconditional love for all.

Maybe the souls ..the raper and the victim choose to play those roles to teach children unconditional love? who knows.. a lot of this stuff goes very deep... very hard to understand but I think its to do with learning things and also just simply cause we also have free will and hence bad stuff some times happens. Some dont have the 'strength" to resist tempation and I guess when their own judgement day comes.. they will look back and regret actions. Our souls are in duality to experience ...

[/quote]

born autistic probably soul choosen for whatever reason. I dont know what i think when one with diminished mental capicities goes and does something horrendous like this. I do thou also believe in negative entities out there.. and know that its possible for them to "take over" another. When this happens thou there is usuallly reasons for it too... someone attracted the energy to them in some way.. past life connection coming into play with the neg being, the person is already has the entity attached to their soul so its influencing them again..which it could of already done in more then one life. Quite possibly our souls have agreed to the take over for some reason. As a healer and the work Ive done in the past, I know entities can actually attach to a persons soul from another life and then come throu into this one (Im talking about the soul..the timeless part of a person)

In real life I have a disabled child (now adult)... what is super interesting to me about that is that she choose me as a parent.. and Im someone who was was responsible for her death in another life time, she was only a very young child when she died. We buried her in the garden. Maybe cause I didnt love and care for her properly that other life time.. I had a lot of making up to do?? She's here too to work throu her feelings (feelings which her soul carries..she's sooo angry at me), over what I did in that other life. There is a balance to be restored and healing to be done and if not sorted out this lifetime, we'll have to reincarnate together again for it to be sorted out. If she dont let go of her anger over that other life.. in our next lifetime, it is likely she may end up having to be my parent (to make it easier for her to let go and love me).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Feb 2013 15:11

I've got three videos to show everyone. The first is a debate between John Lennox and Richard Dawkins (it's a recent one - 2012). The second one elucidates people on the phenomena of out-of-body experiences and lucid dreaming and how religion fits into the equation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxF73wIcrjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsE4mdB1-t4

Finally, the third shows what is happening in Nigeria and how religion can harbour dangerous beliefs. The fact that science (and introspection) can refute the notion of free will just exposes the absurdity of Karma or the idea of supernatural punishment.

Take a look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbDu0-K9cPk
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Feb 2013 18:43

taniaaust1 wrote:In real life I have a disabled child (now adult)... what is super interesting to me about that is that she choose me as a parent.. and Im someone who was was responsible for her death in another life time, she was only a very young child when she died. We buried her in the garden. Maybe cause I didnt love and care for her properly that other life time.. I had a lot of making up to do?? She's here too to work throu her feelings (feelings which her soul carries..she's sooo angry at me), over what I did in that other life. There is a balance to be restored and healing to be done and if not sorted out this lifetime, we'll have to reincarnate together again for it to be sorted out. If she dont let go of her anger over that other life.. in our next lifetime, it is likely she may end up having to be my parent (to make it easier for her to let go and love me).

If she is so angry at you... then perhaps that's also part of the reason why she chose you again as her mother. Perhaps she needed to learn to Love unconditionally, regardless of what others have done to her in the past (life).
Or join my forums!

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Feb 2013 21:13

taniaaust1 wrote: Those born crippled.. usually has some karmic reason or a reason why they choose to come into this world like that, they are supposed to be like that, they have something to learn via it or something to teach another via it. (I dont believe people can manifest stuff well or in a good way if their karma isnt balanced right). I believe there are various spiritual laws which come into things and the law of manifestation doesnt necessarily over ride the others (but then if someone has bad karma they can change that too via their deeds).

In general I think karma is correct mainly because it just makes sense that you have to pay for everything somehow, there's no free lunch as they say. You can't go through life cheating other people to get ahead and taking away things that you didn't earn yourself. Over the long run, it must balance out. We are all here to learn in this life. So for example, some people cause a lot of suffering for others and it makes sense that they need to learn why this is wrong for their spiritual evolution. The best way to learn is to experience what it's like from the victim's perspective so this may explain why some people come into the world and experience a lot of suffering. I'm speaking in general terms here and wouldn't attempt to explain individual cases. Each individual also makes their own choices in life which effect others so there are a lot of variables. I do think it's wrong that in certain karma-believing cultures people tend to look the other way when they see people suffering because they figure that it's just karma so let them suffer like they need to. Maybe they are the ones who need to learn by helping that suffering person, you never know.

The bottom line is that we are all here for a purpose and our life has a meaning. This is what many of us are searching for. Science helps us function in the physical world, gives us understanding into how the physical world functions and helps us make predictions based on the knowledge. I use this every day in my job as an engineer. But science is meant to give life meaning or purpose.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 21 Feb 2013 22:13

lucidinthe sky wrote:In general I think karma is correct mainly because it just makes sense that you have to pay for everything somehow, there's no free lunch as they say. You can't go through life cheating other people to get ahead and taking away things that you didn't earn yourself. Over the long run, it must balance out. We are all here to learn in this life. So for example, some people cause a lot of suffering for others and it makes sense that they need to learn why this is wrong for their spiritual evolution. The best way to learn is to experience what it's like from the victim's perspective so this may explain why some people come into the world and experience a lot of suffering. I'm speaking in general terms here and wouldn't attempt to explain individual cases. Each individual also makes their own choices in life which effect others so there are a lot of variables. I do think it's wrong that in certain karma-believing cultures people tend to look the other way when they see people suffering because they figure that it's just karma so let them suffer like they need to. Maybe they are the ones who need to learn by helping that suffering person, you never know.

The bottom line is that we are all here for a purpose and our life has a meaning. This is what many of us are searching for. Science helps us function in the physical world, gives us understanding into how the physical world functions and helps us make predictions based on the knowledge. I use this every day in my job as an engineer. But science is meant to give life meaning or purpose.

Might I lend a different perspective? Not a right or wrong perspective... just "different" than most people probably have.

I've come to some conclusions about this reality and why it exists:
We're all consciousness and Learning happens on the individual, experiential level.
Spiritual growth requires the interaction between more than one consciousness experiencing the same reality and how you interact with them.

For me, what Karma boils down to is 'punishment' for not behaving within a certain standard. We take the example of Hitler (extreme, I know, but I believe it's been brought up before). A good chunk of people are hoping that Hitler is burning in some sort of Karmic hell for his actions in this reality. I don't believe this is even remotely the case...

When you look at reality and our lives through the scope of "everything is conscoiusness" and from a purely spiritual perspective, we see that spiritual growth relies upon that consciousness simply growing more towards Love.

So what's the punishment for Hitler doing what he did? He didn't grow. The system didn't grow. ACtually, he probably regressed, because now his consciousness has moved slightly more AWAY from Love. That's all there is really... that's the only punishment, and I wouldn't even really call it a punishment. At least not from a "physical reality" perspective.

It's only when you look at this from a "physical" perspective, using our physical morality and ethics do we see a reason for the belief that "karma" exists. I've always viewed it as nothing more than a fear-based tactic to get you to act properly towards other beings, exactly like the Christian Hell...

As I usually say, this is my perspective... it's not right or wrong, it's just my personal truth.
At the least, it's some food for thought. :)
Or join my forums!

Return to “Off-Topic”