Intro and questions

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
TheAverageBear

Intro and questions

Postby TheAverageBear » 22 Feb 2013 02:36

Hello my name is nathan and I just started trying to learn how to have lucid dreams about 5 days ago. I have been doing the reality checks everyday, along with the meditation but as of two days ago i can't seem to remember my dreams. The first 3 days i remembered them when and wrote them down in my journal but now i just wake up without recalling anything. I do stay up late but i get at least 6 hours of sleep. When i try to make it up with an afternoon nap I don't remember that either.

Any help??

R99

Re: Intro and questions

Postby R99 » 22 Feb 2013 06:49

extend ur sleeping time to 8 hours for few days if possible. that way u could get extended REM period and a better dream recall. and use WBTB method, after 6 hours of sleep. dont bother to stay awake for half hour, just set ur alarm 5.30 hours of sleep. turn it of wen wake up, go back to sleep after 3 or 5 minute. see if this helps. i recovered this problem by this try it out. it worked for me. oh & welcome to the group Nathan.
I see the Truth now.

TheAverageBear

Postby TheAverageBear » 22 Feb 2013 07:29

Thanks so much and I'm glad to be here :D

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2013 01:10

I naturally wake up frequently throughout the night which makes dream recall easier. As a general rule, the closer you wake up to when the REM period ends, the easier it is to remember the dream. If you can go back to sleep easily and still get enough sleep you could find a way to wake yourself up a few times per night, preferably timed to your REM cycles which I believe are around 90 minutes (but look that up so you have the exact numbers. Once you start to remember them hopefully it will get easier.

Anyway, good luck and welcome!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidAcademy

Postby LucidAcademy » 01 Mar 2013 20:43

Keep on going. Keep on writing those dreams down. It's your foundation. The more dreams you write the more familiar you become with the workings of the dream world.

Once you are solid with your dream recall, start using MILD.

I would definitely recommend getting 7-8 hours of sleep to increase your chances of lucidity.
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Return to “For Beginners”