What are your religious views?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.

What are your religious views?

Deeply religious - I follow a strict religious code and trust my life to a higher authority
19%
Somewhat religious - I believe in a higher intelligence watching over us
32%
Agnostic - I'm on the fence; you really can't say either way at this time
25%
Atheist - I don't believe there is a higher intelligence watching over us
25%

Total votes: 118

taniaaust1

Re: What are your religious views?

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Feb 2013 09:28

lucidinthe sky wrote: I consider religion and spiritual evolution to be separate things. I am not a religous person, but believe we are conscious, spiritual beings. I think consciousness was here before anything including humans.

Im of the same thoughts. Religion and spiritual evolution I dont view to be the same thing. One doesnt have to even be involved in religion at all or believe it, to be spiritually evolving.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Feb 2013 09:31

Worldenterer1 wrote:. I also am curious to see why people believe what they do. Sure to you, there might be no more than saying "I don't believe in any of this." But for me, it's much more than that. I like to know what people think and why. I like to share and compare ideas. I feel that being able to understand other people's ideas is a very important thing. :)

Im like that too :) . Its always very interesting to find out not just what peoples beliefs are but the whys of why they believe what they do.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Feb 2013 18:52

taniaaust1 wrote: Im like that too :) . Its always very interesting to find out not just what peoples beliefs are but the whys of why they believe what they do.

I feel the same way and appreciate hearing your viewpoint. If at any time posters respond to you with attacks or insults, they do not deserve a response. Please ignore them and report the posts. I am doing this too, in order to make sure the discussion stays civil.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 22 Feb 2013 19:49

taniaaust1 wrote:Im of the same thoughts. Religion and spiritual evolution I dont view to be the same thing. One doesnt have to even be involved in religion at all or believe it, to be spiritually evolving.

I think the three of us are all on the same page with this thought. lol

Yes, spirituality and religion are definitely miles apart. You can grow spiritually within a religion... you just need the correct mindset and always be moving towards Love.

As for myself, I stay as far away from Religion as I possibly can. lol
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Feb 2013 22:15

The problem with trying to grow spiritually inside a religious belief system is that it can be too restrictive and inhibit spiritual growth. Any kind of dogma that is fixed and doesn't tolerate thinking outside of it is detrimental to spritual growth. This is the reason I left organized religion. I don't like anyone telling me what to think or believe. It's really unnecessary. We can all find the truth by seeking it with an open mind and heart.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 06:17

lucidinthe sky wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote: Im like that too :) . Its always very interesting to find out not just what peoples beliefs are but the whys of why they believe what they do.

I feel the same way and appreciate hearing your viewpoint. If at any time posters respond to you with attacks or insults, they do not deserve a response. Please ignore them and report the posts. I am doing this too, in order to make sure the discussion stays civil.

People who get aggressive that's their issue. I find its not worthwhile wasting energy on such people or on rude people, I can think of better things to do with my time :) . Ignoring is good in these situations rather then go and allow oneself to get into any energetic battles or get upset by them.

It's those people who miss out on things.... due to closed perceptions.

If someone ever bothers me.. I like to then ask myself... why is that person and what they believe bothering me?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 06:23

Ryan wrote:As for myself, I stay as far away from Religion as I possibly can. lol

lol touch'e thou studying different religions and trying to work out where those are coming from can be interesting.

Must admit thou I've liked to play games with those who come knocking at my door wanting to convert me to their beliefs. That's the only time I'll mess with anothers head over their own beliefs is if they intrude onto my own personal space.. trying to "convert me" gives me inner permission to try to change their beliefs and make them question them. (I think the Jehovoh Witnesses were told not to knock on my door after I made a couple of them question their own beliefs. It was weird, I had a spontanous channelling experience where I clearly knew exactly what to say to them. Then they all stayed away from my home over 6-7 lol. I saw them door knock my neighbours one time, skipping my house).

And the Sciencologists.. for some weird reason after grabbing me off the street and getting me to go into their hall to talk to me (I thought why not, this is going to be interesting). Turns out they wanted me to leave after I'd spoken to them for a short time. They didnt seem to like me haha. It was annoying thou as I was wanting to study them and their beliefs more. I dont know what I did or said which made them want me to leave. I wasnt even trying to unsettle them. Maybe they can tell when someone is vulerable to them? or maybe they just like those who have lots of money?

There is thou something very special given off by many people due to what they believe. I once went to a Christian music thing.. just to feel the Christians in their like almost rapture while they were enjoying singing their praises to their God. Just to tune into their joy and energy (Im not an energy vamp thou enjoy being in it and will at times use it to transmute my energy at times). While there one of them wanted us to pray together..even thou i wasnt her religion. So i sat with her and we shared our goodwill and love and blessings with each other. My unchristian blessings and her christain ones. The energy the two of us created together doing this was awesome. It's what spirituality is about.. "oneness" no matter the differences in beliefs. I think cause we were of different beliefs..it made our thoughts and blessings towards one another all that stronger due to the setting aside of differences.

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 23 Feb 2013 19:28

lucidinthe sky wrote:
Jack Reacher wrote: EDIT: This is a reply to lucids above post, not worlds.

Because religion and spirituality do not own the domain of this type of discussion. There are still intelligent things to be discussed like ethics and such, and people like me who share his point of view would like to understand why it is you believe what you believe.

Sure, nobody owns the discussion. We should all share our opinions and participate in the discussion, respectfully. I'm not impressed with people who use attacks, insults and put people on the defensive in order to "understand" why people believe what they believe. That doesn't seem like the best way to understand anything. And by the way, no one here is entitled to a convincing argument for why people think what they think. Just want to make that completely clear.

Jack Reacher wrote:According to this karmic system, someone else will have to pay for their crime

That's not my understanding of karma. As far as I know, the person pays their own way, just like good old capitalism. According to karma, people either pay now or in another life. Personally, I'm trying to stay paid up or even have a slight positive balance. I figure it can't hurt. Spending your life screwing people over just seems like a risky strategy to me.

Sorry that statement wasnt directed at you but Tani. I find it absurd that we have to pay for other peoples sins.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 05:51

Maybe its not "paying" but a gift. A gift which will help us spiritually develop and grow.

If everything was all love and roses all the time we just wouldnt be getting challenges in life and doing much growing. Sometimes the hardest things causes us the most growth.

dont u just love how everyone each has completely own different perceptions of things. :D

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 24 Feb 2013 09:43

taniaaust1 wrote:If everything was all love and roses all the time we just wouldnt be getting challenges in life and doing much growing. Sometimes the hardest things causes us the most growth.

Do you think it's possible that this is the reason why we are here in the first place?

Return to “Off-Topic”