Dreaming of the dead

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
donald

Dreaming of the dead

Postby donald » 22 Feb 2013 21:23

Last edited by donald on 19 May 2016 12:12, edited 2 times in total.

dreamworld777

Re: Dreaming of the dead

Postby dreamworld777 » 23 Feb 2013 01:48

This is wonderful!! It will be so very interesting to see what you find.Also,it would be great to hear about your lucid dreams and experiences as well.I am fascinated with the characters in our dreams and what they have to tell us.As for me,I only seem to have conversations with dream characters in normal dreams..lucid dreams,I rarely see anyone...it gets frustrating :x But I too am just a beginner here,so who knows what will change...
Good luck on your project and keep us posted!!

donald

Postby donald » 23 Feb 2013 17:52

Last edited by donald on 19 May 2016 12:19, edited 2 times in total.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 24 Feb 2013 00:29

That's great.The dream with your brother is amazing.The fact that he said that everything is still the same except he is with the dead and you are with the living seems to stand out to me for some reason...almost like it is definitely the truth.I have no concrete reason to believe that,but it just struck me as making so much sense.I have dreamed of my father many times since he has passed away and although he never does say anything to me that I can remember,the dreams are always complete nightmares.This always stood out to me because he was a complete tyrant in real life wreaking havoc everywhere he went...and what do you know,even after life,he still seems to be doing the same thing in my dreams.
I once dreamed that he was sitting outside by a tree in my childhood home.I saw him through the window and he was completely split in half...like as if only half of him was there...????....years later,I was looking through a photo album at my sisters house (in real life) and as I looked through the pictures,there was my father sitting under that same tree,kneeling down just as he was in the dream,but the picture was partially faded and half of him was faded almost completely out of the picture....it was the same vision exactly that I saw in my dream as I looked out the window and watched him....strange huh??? I remembered that dream instantly and stood there in shock looking at that picture.

I definitely do believe that there is some connection between the living and dead that we can only encounter through our subconscious,while were dreaming.I have often wondered if when we dream,do we enter the spiritual world and that's why we are able to see people who are no longer with us...???
We see dreams as our subconscious just emptying out the days thoughts..but this can never explain why we meet people in our dreams that we have never seen before or find ourselves in places that we have never been before...hmmmm....what do you think about that?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 01:17

What a great first lucid dream you had, sounds fun and you stayed in it well too :D lol taking drugs while lucid dreaming.

Those who die ..their minds live on and they go on creating realities around them. One could say they are real as at least those realities are to them and are of the same vibration they are themselves kind of at. Just like we here on earth function at a certain frequency/vibration so this earth is real to us.

Ive had an experience with a group of those who'd passed on.. but had no idea they werent physical any more. They thou were having a great time, they were in like resort believing they were still here alive. I sat in a sauna with them having a good talk. (unlike my LDs these people were not like LD characters... I to was OBE at the time entering this place spontanously from an astral projection).

In this experience I tried to make them aware that they were no longer in physical bodies..but they wouldnt believe me as to them.. where they were was real. Every now and then thou.. one of them would suddenly vanish from this dream setting they had themselves in (but I couldnt get throu to any of the adults I chatted with..they just thought I was looney). A child there was more open to what I was saying then the adults and we got talking in more depth. The child must of finally come to the realisation that she'd passed over and this was only a dream world.. and with that she vanished like I'd seen some others do who I wasnt talking to at the time (To go to the higher divine plane.. into the divine light I'd been trying to get these people to go to).

I used to occassionally do "spirit rescue" work (teamed up with a good child psychic who'd help by being my psychic eyes cause thou I can feel things and know things at times.. my clairvoyance sight isnt all that great so we worked together.. helping each other on the stuff we were going wrong with or stuck with). The above experience was one of my spirit rescue expereinces thou in which I was OBE at the time rather then physically awake in my physical body trying to help what is sometimes called lost souls...thou those souls were quite happy in the world they'd created.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

donald

Postby donald » 25 Feb 2013 12:29

dreamworld777 wrote:I definitely do believe that there is some connection between the living and dead that we can only encounter through our subconscious,while were dreaming.I have often wondered if when we dream,do we enter the spiritual world and that's why we are able to see people who are no longer with us...???
We see dreams as our subconscious just emptying out the days thoughts..but this can never explain why we meet people in our dreams that we have never seen before or find ourselves in places that we have never been before...hmmmm....what do you think about that?

That is a very interesting dream about your father. Do you know if you had seen the picture before? It seems that we are thinking along similar lines here. I have a suspicion that there is far more to dreaming than simply the processing of cognitive data. I don't know exactly what is going on but it is difficult for me to accept that dream experience is completely seperate from our waking experience and as such 'imagined' rather than 'real'. Through my research it is very clear that the idea of a strict seperation between dreaming and waking life (as in Western contexts) is actually quite novel when considered cross culturally. When we consider the huge variety of ideas and understandings of 'reality' that exist in our world it seems clear that 'reality' itself is simply an agreement among groups of people. Not only does this agreement vary from place to place (and even among individuals witin the same place) but it also changes over time. What then is 'reality'? And why should we accept a very unimaginitive definition of it?

donald

Postby donald » 25 Feb 2013 12:32

Hi Tania.

Thank you for sharing. This is really interesting. I am unable to reply to your PM as I have not been a member for long enough. I have sent you an email.

Hopefully speak soon.

R99

Postby R99 » 25 Feb 2013 14:25

happy to know that people trying to understand the non-physical world, i had this kind of experience once,,,, only once.. that i met my passed away friend, and had conversation, he is very happy & now he have no more physical difficulties (he was handicapped). which is very interesting to hear, and comforting too. gud luck with ur studies hope u could find some answers, even if its hard to believe. if u could (u should) share ur experience, that will be cool too. happy dreaming. :)
I see the Truth now.

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 25 Feb 2013 16:19

donald wrote:
dreamworld777 wrote:I definitely do believe that there is some connection between the living and dead that we can only encounter through our subconscious,while were dreaming.I have often wondered if when we dream,do we enter the spiritual world and that's why we are able to see people who are no longer with us...???

That is a very interesting dream about your father. Do you know if you had seen the picture before? It seems that we are thinking along similar lines here. I have a suspicion that there is far more to dreaming than simply the processing of cognitive data. I don't know exactly what is going on but it is difficult for me to accept that dream experience is completely seperate from our waking experience and as such 'imagined' rather than 'real'. Through my research it is very clear that the idea of a strict seperation between dreaming and waking life (as in Western contexts) is actually quite novel when considered cross culturally. When we consider the huge variety of ideas and understandings of 'reality' that exist in our world it seems clear that 'reality' itself is simply an agreement among groups of people. Not only does this agreement vary from place to place (and even among individuals witin the same place) but it also changes over time. What then is 'reality'? And why should we accept a very unimaginitive definition of it?

I had never seen the picture before.I know that for a fact,that's why when I saw it,I was speechless....I had no explanation as to how I dreamed of that same image.Unfortunately,my father was not a good man and anytime I see him in my dreams,it is ALWAYS a nightmare..never anything good,always scary and unpleasant.Which was the exact feelings he gave when he was alive...almost like he continues on with the same personality and ways as he did when he was alive....strange!
I definitely am somehow convinced that there is something more to dreams than just our thoughts emptying out...here's why I think this....Once,about 3 years ago,I had a nightmare,not lucid but very vivid and memorable..I dreamed that I was driving in the town that I grew up in.It was night and I was heading home but decided to stop at an ATM machine.As I was pulling up to it,a man in a red jeep cherokee pulled up beside me.I remember him clear as day..he had curly brown hair and a big dog (doberman) in the passenger seat beside him.He had a brown leather jacket on.He began screaming at me and got out of his truck and tried to open my car door.I was terrified in my dream and screamed and knew I had to get out of there.No one was around.I began to drive away and he jumped back into his truck and followed me.The strangest thing is that I noticed that his steering wheel was on the opposite side,as if he had a foreign truck.I managed to get away and woke up scared to death....
Several nights later,I dreamed of this same man...nothing happened other than him just appearing in the dream......
Now,about a few weeks later,in real waking life,I am driving with my husband and I pull up to the end of the street to stop at the stop sign and as God as my witness,a red jeep cherokee drives right past us..driving this truck is the same man I saw in my dreams...same brown curly hair,same big dog beside him and the same steering wheel on the reverse side....I totally freaked out.My husband was in the car and I told him about my dream and the man and pointed to the truck as it was now further past us in the traffic.My husband totally denied that I was serious and to this day does not believe what I saw or who the man was exactly even though he said he was able to notice the steering wheel being on the opposite side of the guys truck and the dog.
That is a true story and I have never forgotten it nor have I forgotten that mans face,the truck or the dog.As he drove by,he never even looked my way,just looked straight ahead of him.....

How can that be explained????? It has haunted me since the day it happened and no matter who I ever told,they just looked at me as if I were nuts or joking....although I have never seen this man again in a dream or reality,I am 100% sure that I have never met this man once in the whole of my life..and I'm 41 years old,that's a long time..lol.

What are your thoughts on that experience and has anyone ever had a situation such as this one happen to them?? I'm really curious.Whoever that man was or is,appeared in my dreams twice and then showed up in waking reality and that is just no coincidence....

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Feb 2013 07:22

dreamworld777 wrote:What are your thoughts on that experience and has anyone ever had a situation such as this one happen to them?? I'm really curious.Whoever that man was or is,appeared in my dreams twice and then showed up in waking reality and that is just no coincidence....

I know one can get premonitions in dreams but often the stronger the emotional energies around the future event.. the more likely people are to have it affecting dreams. Sounds like your future experience of that guy really impacted on you :)

I'll share one of my premonition dream experiences (interestingly these usually occur 3 days after I see them in dreams.. I dont know why its usually 3 days with me but that's good as it helps to give a good idea on the time for the future thing), Ive had two around incidences with fires. I'll share the one like your experience had a person in it.

I had a very vivid dream in which I was trying to save a child who was in a burning building. She was a a little girl. This dream was a horrible nightmare as everytime I grabbed the little girl and moved her away from the flames in the building/house..they were still getting her. I tried to get her safe but couldnt do.. even when I grabbed her and ran with her throu flames and got her out of the building.. she still ended up being burnt.. flames just came after her. I had to accept in the end there was nothing for her at all which I could do, I couldnt save her. I woke up from that dream quite upset but i wasnt aware this one was one of my prophetic ones at the time (some of them Ive known as they have a different feel to them.. one of those "I know this is real" feelings").

A very short time later.. while watching the news (I forget right now it was next night or a few days later like my normal premonition stuff).. they reported a fire in a house and the little girls photo came up on the news. I was so shocked.. and at that point wondered if I'd managed to some how save her in that dream whether she would of not died. Deep down thou I know I did everything possible to save her in that dream, it just couldnt be done.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”