conscious and seeing in sleep paralysis cant go lucid

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
cjve

conscious and seeing in sleep paralysis cant go lucid

Postby cjve » 22 Feb 2013 22:07

hi,

in my attempts to trigger a lucid dream i've been experiencing sleep paralysis on almost a daily basis with no option but to wake up. i know my body is asleep and i dont have hallucinations or hear anything aside from normal sounds in my room. my eyes are awake because i see the faint light coming through my eye lids and i have a partial sense of touch where i feel my limbs.

if i concentrate and exert great force i can move my limbs but its as if im chained with strong rubber bands. as soon as i relax my body snaps back into its lying down state.

at first i didnt know about sp, was scared and, based on what i read elsewhere, would rock my body back and forth or try spinning in place to wake up. it works everytime so this is what i did. as i understood what was going on ive tried to relax and create dream scenes, bur it's as fuzzy, distant, and dark as daydreaming with your eyes closed. after a while i give up and rock myself awake.

if i dont get up immediately i almost instantly fall back into sp, but again cant go deeper. so i just wake up. anyone have any tips on what i can try?

taniaaust1

Re: conscious and seeing in sleep paralysis cant go lucid

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 05:42

if i concentrate and exert great force i can move my limbs but its as if im chained with strong rubber bands. as soon as i relax my body snaps back into its lying down state.

To me it sound like you are actually in the state for OBEs rather then LDs (some would be quite happy about that) but your astral body is a bit stuck as something is holding you back. You could either read books on how to OBE and try OBE exercises to achieve one of those.. eg you could imagine climbing a rope up to your ceiling and throu it to try to get out. You may end up finding yourself floating up there.

or to LD.. you need to let your mind go some and allow your subconsciousness to start coming in so you can go into a WILD (it could go either way if you are in an OBE kind of state.. you could end up having an OBE or a LD or both). One way to go into LD state is to try to allow yourself to start to drift back into sleep, while still thinking you want to LD. So let mentally go for a very short time, allowing yourself to sink deeper to the subconciousness state and hence starting to trigger off a dream.

A LD is the intermingling of both the waking consciousness and the subconciousness mind.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 03:07

taniaaust1 wrote:eg you could imagine climbing a rope up to your ceiling and throu it to try to get out. You may end up finding yourself floating up there.

This suggestion from taniaaust.
That's also my suggestion. When you find yourself in that state, just start this kind of visualization.
Not just that... but keep Love in your heart as you do so.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

cjve

Postby cjve » 18 Apr 2013 17:31

thanks. I had sleep paralysis only a few more times since. tried the rope climb, but my legs went no where. So I tried visualizing myself floating up to the ceiling. no go.

sinking out of my body through the floor into a body of water worked much better. Eventually by the next 2-3 times I was able to propel myself through the void forward back up down at will.

That same night I tried to create a ball of fire in my hand. In the darkness, I could see the surface of my palm glow orange, grow uncomfortably hot, and hear crackling like wood in a camp fire. it's as far as I got on each attempt because of the burning sensation.

Attempting to create a dream scene, I started saying "street" out loud repeatedly. On the 4th time I "popped" into an old town, brick laid road lined with small shops and bright green mountains in the background. People roaming everywhere.

I was propelling left when it happened and noticed the change in sensation from legs dangling to stepping sideways to keep my balance. A mysterious figure confronted me so I woke up. I can describe what happened in detail if interested.

Since then I haven't had any more sleep paralysis. Now whether I am trying to induce it or not, I 'm lucid, but unable to change the course of the dream like the first time.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Apr 2013 03:10

Congrats seeing as you've achieved your goal to get into a LD state. Sounds like you have managed to switch what would of been OBEs (without the subconciousnesses really coming into things much) into LDs by finally allowing your subconsciousness to come into it all.

Thing is if you cant change your dream.. you havent got that balance right yet to do so eg not enough waking consciousness coming into the LD to do so, so the subconsciousness is being dominate. (so you've gone the complete opposite way with things to what you were before).

I had sleep paralysis only a few more times since. tried the rope climb, but my legs went no where. So I tried visualizing myself floating up to the ceiling. no go.

sinking out of my body through the floor into a body of water worked much better. Eventually by the next 2-3 times I was able to propel myself through the void forward back up down at will.

:) .. To try to get out of body, sinking does work better for some then climbing. Everyone is different. I myself get a fear coming in when I do the sinking thing as I get an aweful feeling from it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Sleep Disorders”