2nd lucid dream..childhood home...

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
dreamworld777

2nd lucid dream..childhood home...

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Feb 2013 18:05

First some facts pertaining to this dream......In reality,this home was destroyed by a tornado that hit the city last year.I no longer live in that city but went to visit and saw this home completely boarded up and abandoned...so sad to see.I always wanted to go back and visit my childhood home because due to family situations,I left home at the age of 17 and never returned (due to issues with my father) By doing this,I had to leave everything that I had there and was never able to keep any memories of childhood things that I had,no pictures,no nothing......so going back to just go inside and walk around was always a wish I had but people always lived there after my parents moved out and I was never able to go inside again.Years later,a tornado struck this town and destroyed the house,completely ruining the structure and foundation,so when I went to it,I was afraid to enter because of safety reasons (the house looked like it was ready to collapse,literally)......anyways,here's the dream,very short but to me,pretty amazing.....

I am walking up the street where my childhood home is.I am knowing in my dream that the house is destroyed and I feel a sadness that once again,I cannot go inside and see it...as I get closer,I see that the house has been completely resided with vinyl siding and it is bright white and shiny like brand new.I run up to it and see that all the yellow tape has been removed that kept people from entering because it was condemned and due to be demolished (in real life,this was the last way I saw it,boarded up and destroyed).I felt tremendous happiness and said out loud "It's fixed,I may have a chance to see it finally!!!" As I get closer I notice that there is not one window on the house.As if the vinyl siding was put over the windows leaving the house completely windowless..this should have been my first clue that I was in a dream,but i didn't catch on just yet.I walked up to the door and realized that all the doors were wide open..."Fabulous",I thought,and realized that no one lived there so i could just walk in and see if it was still the same...as I walked up the steps,I became frightened and thought to myself...."what if I go in and something happens to me..what if someone is in there and tries to hurt me???" I stopped in my tracks and walked back down the stairs overcome with this 'fear' of what was inside.Just at that moment I heard a voice,which I perceived to be my own voice saying this..."You can go inside because tis is just a dream..you are dreaming and safe and nothing can happen to you..." I realized instantly that I was dreaming and listened to the voice and began to walk back up the stairs to go in the front door.

When i got inside into the livingroom,it was so dark...which was odd to me because when I was standing outside,the house was shining so brightly and I could see light shining inside the windows as if every light in every room was on...but here I was inside and it was pitched dark.I walked through the livingroom trying to see something..anything..but I could only catch glimpses of things.The house was full of things although no one lived there.I walked into what would have been my bedroom and I began to touch and feel things trying to make out what they were.As I focused,all these things I was picking up were not mine.I didn't recognize anything at all.None of my stuff was there anymore and I felt this strong feeling of sadness and disappointment.I said out loud,"None of these things are mine..where are all my toys and things that I had when I was a child,where could they have gone,why aren't they here???" I began to feel tears pour down my face and I ran right out the door and refused to look back at the house as I ran up the street sobbing like a baby....then I woke up feeling such disappointment.

It seemed as though in my dream for some reason that I believed that after 20+ years I thought that when I went into that house,all of my childhood things would be there for me to see...which is completely illogical considering that many people lived there over the years and the house had even been completely renovated inside and out before the tornado destroyed it....but the thought that everything was still there seemed so odd to me upon waking and the disappointment felt so real.
The fact that maybe my subconscious led me inside the house seemed amazing to me because for years I have wanted to return there and go inside even though this house held terrible memories for me as a child and still as an adult.

Does anyone have any thoughts or interpretations as to what this dream may have been telling me...and also,if we make our dreams,why wasn't I able to walk into the house and imagine it just as I left it?
Has anyone lucid dreamed and revisited their childhood home and if so was it the same as you left it or was it similar to my dream and left you feeling like you just lost a part of you forever...that's exactly how I felt when i woke up......so odd to me but the dream was so real and vivid and I felt it was semi lucid but i did not call for clarity or light to see inside the house or anything...I just seemed to be so happy to go inside that just being there was enough even though I could hardly see a thing.And although I couldn't see anything,I still knew that all the things in this house were not mine.

Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated....this is one of those dreams where you just cannot lose the feeling that it gave you in the dream and after waking.....somehow deep inside of me,I wish I could have seen anything that was mine as a child..anything...but everything was gone and replaced with someone elses things..I was devastated as I ran out that door........

Let me know what you think...I am looking for any thoughts on this dream.Thanks in advance.

dreamworld777

Re: 2nd lucid dream..childhood home...

Postby dreamworld777 » 21 Feb 2013 15:50

???? No interpretations?? Oh,I'm sad :( I was really hoping that someone would have some insight on this dream.Come on dreamers,help me out on this one....pleeeease......!!!!!! ;)

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 21 Feb 2013 17:09

It seems quite symbolic that the walls had no windows. This could easily represent your inability to re-visit when you wanted to, the windowless walls denying your visual sense within the dream. The lack of light inside also seems very symbolic of your inability to know the details of the house when you most wanted to. I've had many dreams, and very emotional ones at that, wherein I'm visiting with friends from my military service and wish so badly to see all of them but only a few are there. I'll often be in tears telling them how much I missed them, and how I've dreamed of them and have waited so long to see them since we parted ways. There's been a progression with it as well. Fewer and fewer of them appear in my dreams and the scenarios are further detached from the context in which I knew them each time. It's quite sad :(

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 22 Feb 2013 15:49

Thanks so much for your response.Very interesting points.It seems you may be right because the house was totally different..it was in the same place but looked totally different,all brand new.And one thing that I did remember after I posted that is that once I was inside the house,I remember thinking to myself that although I was in the room that used to be my bedroom,I was in the wrong room.So,what you say may be true that although I was there,I was unable to experience it the way that I wanted to for whatever reason.Maybe some type of blockage there...don't know.
I will have to work at this dream and maybe one day it will turn out the way that I want it to...I'm pretty new to the lucid dreaming experience,so maybe as with anything,practice makes perfect.Thanks again for your thoughts,I think they were very,very on point.It made perfect sense to me. :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 02:07

I see the house as symbolising both who you are today and a look back into your past.

this house held terrible memories for me as a child

That is why it is dark inside the house.

When i got inside into the livingroom,it was so dark...which was odd to me because when I was standing outside,the house was shining so brightly and I could see light shining inside the windows as if every light in every room was on...but here I was inside and it was pitched dark.

I am walking up the street where my childhood home is.I am knowing in my dream that the house is destroyed and I feel a sadness that once again,I cannot go inside and see it...as I get closer,I see that the house has been completely resided with vinyl siding and it is bright white and shiny like brand new.

I see this last part I quoted part of your dream as representing how things are for you now. The house being bright white and shiny like brand new.. I think may be showing how you have shifted from your past, a new person to what you were before. .a different life.. brighter and lighter to the past. Once you enter your childhood house thou you are back in your childhood (going like back in time)...wanting to see your past toys etc..with the place now dark.

When you are "outside" your childhood home.. the symbolism isnt showing your childhood stuff but what things are now.

and also,if we make our dreams,why wasn't I able to walk into the house and imagine it just as I left it?

Cause when we are dreaming.. our subconciousness is playing a part on things as well. A lucid dream is a combination of both our waking consciousness and our subconciousness coming into play and appearing.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 24 Feb 2013 00:39

Thank you for replying...very good points also.It makes much sense.As a child,although it was my home,it was a very dark place and time in my life..so to see it once inside as dark and not being able to find my way or see anything,symbolically would be a perfect interpretation.That is brilliant ;)

I have tried to create this scene of this home while falling asleep to end up there once I begin dreaming,but to no avail it doesn't work when I try.This dream was totally spontaneous.I guess what I wish to do is return there as an adult and find some type of happiness there..but maybe there just isn't any to be found there...and perhaps I can't 'make' happiness there either even in a dream setting.Maybe it's just eternally a dark place for me and I shouldn't invest my dream time there.It's a mystery to me....lol.
Thanks again,your response was very helpful.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 02:14

dreamworld777 wrote:Thank you for replying...very good points also.It makes much sense.As a child,although it was my home,it was a very dark place and time in my life..so to see it once inside as dark and not being able to find my way or see anything,symbolically would be a perfect interpretation.That is brilliant ;)

I have tried to create this scene of this home while falling asleep to end up there once I begin dreaming,but to no avail it doesn't work when I try.This dream was totally spontaneous.I guess what I wish to do is return there as an adult and find some type of happiness there..but maybe there just isn't any to be found there...and perhaps I can't 'make' happiness there either even in a dream setting.Maybe it's just eternally a dark place for me and I shouldn't invest my dream time there.It's a mystery to me....lol.

Yes.. you've understood the situation. This place your subconciousness will probably always see in that manner and will be wanting to create it like this.

That being said thou..as a healer who has worked some with past imprinting of ones past on one and doing reimprinting for healing of the past, I do think that it may be possible to use your dream as a healing thing if you are back there (thou one doesnt need to be in a dream and at the place to do this stuff).

The thing is.. you probably will need to have very good lucidity to do it and change the memory imprint with the subconscious messages around it. If you are ever going to try to heal your past throu a dream in this way, you probably should work out in advance exactly what things you will be changing once you arrive into your past subconciousness self. eg once inside.. opening the windows to allow light in would be a good thing... try BEFORE you get too close to the house bringing some bright lamps into your dream to plug in there if needed. (your subconciousness probably would love that idea as this is really working with it and speaking its languge as you are trying to bring "more light" symbolically speaking and brighten up ie bring happiness into your past). Using your mind you can recreate "new toys" for yourself there.. I'd strongly suggest to not try to manifest the old ones back there as that will just reinforce the same memory imprint. Try instead to create a new imprint and energies from old. Rather get in touch again with your child self and give her a good time there with new things.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 25 Feb 2013 16:25

taniaaust1 wrote:
dreamworld777 wrote:Thank you for replying...very good points also.It makes much sense.As a child,although it was my home,it was a very dark place and time in my life..so to see it once inside as dark and not being able to find my way or see anything,symbolically would be a perfect interpretation.That is brilliant ;)

Yes.. you've understood the situation. This place your subconciousness will probably always see in that manner and will be wanting to create it like this.

That being said thou..as a healer who has worked some with past imprinting of ones past on one and doing reimprinting for healing of the past, I do think that it may be possible to use your dream as a healing thing if you are back there (thou one doesnt need to be in a dream and at the place to do this stuff).

The thing is.. you probably will need to have very good lucidity to do it and change the memory imprint with the subconscious messages around it. If you are ever going to try to heal your past throu a dream in this way, you probably should work out in advance exactly what things you will be changing once you arrive into your past subconciousness self. eg once inside.. opening the windows to allow light in would be a good thing... try BEFORE you get too close to the house bringing some bright lamps into your dream to plug in there if needed. (your subconciousness probably would love that idea as this is really working with it and speaking its languge as you are trying to bring "more light" symbolically speaking and brighten up ie bring happiness into your past). Using your mind you can recreate "new toys" for yourself there.. I'd strongly suggest to not try to manifest the old ones back there as that will just reinforce the same memory imprint. Try instead to create a new imprint and energies from old. Rather get in touch again with your child self and give her a good time there with new things.

That is a wonderful idea and if I ever do find myself dreaming of my childhood home again and become lucid,I will definitely try that.I never even thought to do that and it seems that by creating new happy things there,it could definitely turn into a healing experience.Thanks for that suggestion,will definitely do that :P

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”