Difference b/w OBE and LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
deepakkumaar97

Difference b/w OBE and LD

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 21 Feb 2013 14:02

What is the difference between an OBE and a Lucid Dream?
And how To have an OBE?
Do a reality check

torakrubik

Re: Difference b/w OBE and LD

Postby torakrubik » 21 Feb 2013 23:21

I don't think there is a physical difference. I think that OBEs are a certain type of LD - vivid and a sense of bodily disconnection. I know that there are members here who share my opinion, and also others who have entirely different opinions. I guess at this stage it's down to what you believe. Hence, I can't really tell you how to have an OBE other than to re-iterate the methods for LDing. I would recommend the WILD and WBTB for this kind of experience though.
Dreaming is my drug

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Feb 2013 00:43

LDs can be just as vivid and one knows ones physical body is in bed asleep.. do I dont think one can tell at all from those things.

To me LDs are something which are being created by the mind and ones subconscious thoughts. OBEs are more like physicality in such they are actually "real" rather then just a "thought world" which seems real. During OBEs it is quite possible to actually interact properly with our physical world eg have someone take a physical photo of you astral, you may be able to see and move real life physical objects or pinch someone who is physical etc.

Everyone goes OBE at night... most dream while doing that (that can include LDs but they are connected to their subconciousness and its the LD they are remembering rather then the fact they were out of body and doing something like standing by their bed while dreaming they are elsewhere in another world). While others manage to mantain not only their waking consciousness when out (like a LD) but also keep the subconciousness side of things at bay so dont go into the dreaming side of things.

LDing takes place I think inside what is called our "mental body" (some psychics can see all those thoughts around you.. subconcious and conscious.. if looked at while you are OBE and you are lucid dreaming or just dreaming itself.. they may see you OBE but with your thoughts of what you are experiencing surrounding you.. you project it all around you. While Astral projection may take place more in the etheric/astral level. (our forms consist of various energy bodies).

How to tell the difference.. well it can be hard at times if someone is having a very vivid LD .. it may be mistaken for an OBE as you can be just as aware and conciously awake in both things and both can have the same level of being vivid. I think many people have confused between these things due to thinking one is more vivid or that one is more aware.. during one of these then the other.

Some ways I use to tell ...is
1/ how I exited.. eg when Ive OBEd Ive often felt myself actually leave my body or feel like my astral body loosening up and coming free of my physical body before I go into the OBE. When I OBE.. I start off with being in my bedroom and its my "normal" bedroom.. not one which is altered or weird in many way (quite possibly many false awakenings are actually OBEs).
2/ I try to get vertification that I can check with later eg I can see things in my bedroom which I wasnt aware of and then vertify them as soon as I come out of the OBE state (eg once saw a present my boyfriend had hidden in my bedroom but didnt know he'd done that).
3/ When I OBE.. I dont loose my sense of real life time at all and will know how long Ive been out for (when I dream thou even LD.. my sense of time runs faster then in real life). There thou has been a rare expection to this for me.. when I went to another dimensional world.. its time didnt run the same. But if Im in OBE state and in our world.. time runs the same for me as this one.
4/ I usually get reentry things eg body will go back in. I feel my astral body realigning back to my physical body.. like an overlay. With a LD.. I simply just open my eyes.. no energy feels with realignment.
5/ When Im OBE.. I dont get those DCs like I do in LDs.. IF I come across anyone else while OBE..its very different to those mostly weird acting LD DCs (who talk weirdly and do all kinds of other weird stuff that makes you know they arent real. There is none of that).

I cant think right now of others but there are probably other things I notice too which are different for me between the two.

The thing which got me to have OBEs was a book by Denning and Phillips called "Astral Projection" .. its set out like a OBE course that one follows. The thing which got me out was their energy raising exercise. Before that I'd tried all the Robert Bruce stuff without any luck at all. It just took a bit of persistance and finding that I had to really raise my energy to be able to OBE.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 22 Feb 2013 00:45

LDs can be just as vivid and one knows ones physical body is in bed asleep.. so I dont think one can tell at all from those things.

To me LDs are something which are being created by the mind and ones subconscious thoughts, you are in that world. OBEs are more like physicality in such they are actually "real" rather then just a "thought world" which also can seem to be real. During OBEs it is quite possible to actually interact with our physical world eg have someone take a physical photo of you astral (some can appear on photos thou I dont know if all OBErs can. I had a photo of a couple of astral projectors posing for camera), you may be able to see and move real life physical objects and get that vertified by another or pinch someone who is physical (this can work for many..take care not to leave a bruise!) etc.

Everyone goes OBE at night... most dream while doing that (that can include LDs but they are connected to their subconciousness and its the LD they are remembering rather then the fact they were out of body and doing something like standing by their bed while dreaming they are elsewhere in another world). While others manage to mantain not only their waking consciousness when out (like a LD) but also keep the subconciousness side of things at bay so dont go into the dreaming side of things.

LDing takes place I think inside what is called our "mental body" (some psychics can see all those thoughts around you.. subconcious and conscious.. if looked at while you are OBE and you are lucid dreaming or just dreaming itself.. they may see you OBE but with your thoughts of what you are experiencing surrounding you.. you project it all around you. While Astral projection may take place more in the etheric/astral level. (our forms consist of various energy bodies).

How to tell the difference.. well it can be hard at times if someone is having a very vivid LD .. it may be mistaken for an OBE as you can be just as aware and conciously awake in both things and both can have the same level of being vivid. I think many people have confused between these things due to thinking one is more vivid or that one is more aware.. during one of these then the other.

Some ways I use to tell ...is
1/ how I exited.. eg when Ive OBEd Ive often felt myself actually leave my body or feel like my astral body loosening up and coming free of my physical body before I go into the OBE. When I OBE.. I start off with being in my bedroom and its my "normal" bedroom.. not one which is altered or weird in any way (quite possibly many false awakenings are actually OBEs).

2/ I try to get vertification that I can check with later eg I can see things in my bedroom which I wasnt aware of and then vertify them as soon as I come out of the OBE state (eg once saw a present my boyfriend had hidden in my bedroom but didnt know he'd done that).

3/ When I OBE.. I dont loose my sense of real life time at all and will know how long Ive been out for (when I dream thou even LD.. my sense of time runs faster then in real life). There thou has been a rare expection to this for me.. when I went to another dimensional world.. its time didnt run the same. But if Im in OBE state and in our world.. time runs the same for me as this one.

4/ I usually get reentry things eg body will go back in. I feel my astral body realigning back to my physical body.. like an overlay. With a LD.. I simply just open my eyes.. no energy feels with realignment.

5/ When Im OBE.. I dont get those DCs like I do in LDs.. IF I come across anyone else while OBE..its very different to those mostly weird acting LD DCs (who talk weirdly and do all kinds of other weird stuff that makes you know they arent real. There is none of that).

6/ There can also be a different feel between an OBE and LD but I cant pinpoint it to be able to explain it. It can be very subtle thou.

I cant think right now of others but there are probably other things I notice too which are different for me between the two.

The thing which got me to have OBEs was a book by Denning and Phillips called "Astral Projection" .. its set out like a OBE course that one follows. The thing which got me out was their energy raising exercise. Before that I'd tried all the Robert Bruce stuff without any luck at all along with so many other OBE techniques too. It just took a bit of persistance and finding that I had to really "raise my energy" to be able to OBE. Having body awareness just wasnt enough (which I already had.. I can feel my etheric body all the time.. not due to Robert Bruces exercises but I already had that ability due to being a healer who works on energy fields). Hence I suggest to anyone who seriously wants to OBE, to learn to actually raise your energy. I was having OBEs within 2 weeks of learning a good energy raising technique.

I lacked ability to imagine things eg the ROPE technique.. I could lay in bed for 3hrs thinking about climbing up a rope without any OBE success. Once I raised my energy I found myself going into OBEs naturally without having to visualize/imagine anything like that.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 23 Feb 2013 04:03

deepakkumaar97 wrote:What is the difference between an OBE and a Lucid Dream?
And how To have an OBE?

The only difference is how consciously aware you are during the experience.

Fundamentally, they're the same thing... along with Dreaming, Astral Projection, Remote Viewing, this Physical Reality. They're all forms of projection.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 05:13

Ive got no difference in my conscious awareness between my LDs and my OBEs so personally dont think at all one can tell throu that.

I know I have OBEs at times cause I can validated them using physical reality afterwards (among the other ways I can also tell).

So if the theory of being able to distinguish thou how consciously aware one is is correct and I do experience100% waking consciousness awareness in both OBEs and LDs.. that would then mean that my LDs would have to also be OBEs.. but I know they arent as the DCs arent real.

Quite possibly those who think one can tell due to having different levels of consciousness awareness, just havent had a 100% consciously aware LD yet.

They are not the same thou yes with both you are projecting a part of yourself.

With OBEs thou you can connect to this physical reality and it isnt a "dream reality" created just via your own subconsciousness hence LD.

With an OBE you can go out and check on a real life friend and see how they are doing.. with an LD well you cant.. well you can experience that you are..but it isnt really reality you are experiencing and the facts you precieve wont usually be at all correct but just a lot of symbolic stuff coming in possibly related to your friend or may not even be related to your friend but symbolics related to yourself (other then also what you create with your own waking mind eg if you are thinking your friend may not be doing well.. you will create in a LD then your friend not doing well).

So I personally dont see how people can see them as the same thing, there are great differences. Like comparing lemons with apples. Yeah they are both fruit ie projections.. but they arent the same.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 07:41

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive got no difference in my conscious awareness between my LDs and my OBEs so personally dont think at all one can tell throu that.

Then, I'd simply say you had an astral awareness. :)

I know I have OBEs at times cause I can validated them using physical reality afterwards (among the other ways I can also tell).

So if the theory of being able to distinguish thou how consciously aware one is is correct and I do experience100% waking consciousness awareness in both OBEs and LDs.. that would then mean that my LDs would have to also be OBEs.. but I know they arent as the DCs arent real.

In how *I* define things, that would be correct. You're a solid non-physical astral awareness experiencer. :)

Quite possibly those who think one can tell due to having different levels of consciousness awareness, just havent had a 100% consciously aware LD yet.

They are not the same thou yes with both you are projecting a part of yourself.

With OBEs thou you can connect to this physical reality and it isnt a "dream reality" created just via your own subconsciousness hence LD.

I'm not entirely sold on the "physical reality obe area" thing that most people are sold on. Robert Bruce coined it as the "Real Time Zone"...

As I say with most things, the most I can say about its objective existence is "I don't know". lol

With an OBE you can go out and check on a real life friend and see how they are doing.. with an LD well you cant.. well you can experience that you are..but it isnt really reality you are experiencing and the facts you precieve wont usually be at all correct but just a lot of symbolic stuff coming in possibly related to your friend or may not even be related to your friend but symbolics related to yourself (other then also what you create with your own waking mind eg if you are thinking your friend may not be doing well.. you will create in a LD then your friend not doing well).

So I personally dont see how people can see them as the same thing, there are great differences. Like comparing lemons with apples. Yeah they are both fruit ie projections.. but they arent the same.

I've thought about the possibility that the obe area is more about a collective consciousness area, very similar to this physical reality, but with subtle differences. Mostly in stability and ability to create with the mind.

I can get into this more later if you wish... I've come up with several theories on the nature of this area, but I'll have to find them on my website first.
Or join my forums!

KylePK

Postby KylePK » 24 Feb 2013 08:16

Ryan wrote:
deepakkumaar97 wrote:What is the difference between an OBE and a Lucid Dream?
And how To have an OBE?

Fundamentally, they're the same thing... along with Dreaming, Astral Projection, Remote Viewing, this Physical Reality. They're all forms of projection.

Agreed. As Tom Campbell suggests, nothing is real. Our supposed physical reality is just as real as our dream reality or the OBE, Astral, Remote viewing reality; they are just DIFFERENT realities that function with different rule sets and physics.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 24 Feb 2013 08:46

taniaaust1 wrote:
deepakkumaar97 wrote:Even if this doesn't work, simply try to watch the whole scenery around you and repeat "this is a dream" this will make you very conscious and would wake you up.
(It is not possible to be in a dream when you are fully conscious)

That isnt always the case.. Many of us are very conscious.. as conscious as waking life.. yet still in LDs. (IF Im doing LD from a sleep state.. I often become 100% conscious when I realise Im LDing and I dont usually drop out then. I can use my brain all I like and I know Im dreaming the whole time without waking me up).

So you are solid astral experiencer as Ryan said that explains how you have 100% conscious LDs.

And I also have a question, sometimes when I realize that I am dreaming, all of a sudden all go black and I can feel my body on bed, but I don't wake up and try to go back to the same LD sometimes I succeed but mostly don't. This case has happened to me many times. So, any suggestions?

Also, I always fail to have a WILD, after an hour or more, I get frustrated and quit.
So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Do a reality check

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 16:28

deepakkumaar97 wrote:So you are solid astral experiencer as Ryan said that explains how you have 100% conscious LDs.

And I also have a question, sometimes when I realize that I am dreaming, all of a sudden all go black and I can feel my body on bed, but I don't wake up and try to go back to the same LD sometimes I succeed but mostly don't. This case has happened to me many times. So, any suggestions?

Also, I always fail to have a WILD, after an hour or more, I get frustrated and quit.
So, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I was completely spiritually torn between all of the different labels humanity uses to describe these things... until the day it hit me, that they're not different at all. I had an experience (and I continue to have these experiences) where I had a dream, lucid dream and astral projection all in the same, single, experience.

I fell asleep one night... I had a dream. Then I became aware in that dream that I was dreaming, and it felt exactly like a lucid dream had felt to me. Then I increased my awareness in that lucid dream, bringing forth my full 'waking awareness', and it ceased to feel like a lucid dream anymore and felt like an astral projection.

THAT is when I realized it... consciousness is the constant & awareness is the continuum, awareness is the only varying factor in the equation. Everything else is a secondary property of the experience.

That is when I realized too that Projection isn't something you DO. Projection is a state of consciousness that you ARE. You don't HAVE an Astral Projection. Instead, you ARE astrally aware.
Or join my forums!

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”