Tips to keep my mind awake?

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
alissa

Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby alissa » 23 Feb 2013 22:08

I've been trying to lucid dream for about the last month I guess, but never fully succeeding. I don't really have a particular method of doing it, but it's sort of a combo between MILD and WILD. So like when I'm falling asleep, I'll try to keep my mind awake and tell myself that I'm going to have a lucid dream, but I always fall asleep. What can I do to keep my mind awake and achieve a WILD? Also, when is the optimum time to WILD? I've only tried when I'm first falling asleep.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

taniaaust1

Re: Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 02:31

If you are always falling asleep try instead to do this stuff in the afternoon when you arent so tired or better still, first thing in the morning right after you've naturally just woken up but are still feeling a bit dreamy and not completely awake.. allow yourself to stay in relaxed state and try then.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Ryan

Re: Tips to keep my mind awake?

Postby Ryan » 24 Feb 2013 03:26

In addition to what tani suggest...
Have you ever tried to learn to meditate?
It's a wonderful way to learn to focus your mind... and keeping your mind focused is a great way to keep it awake!

Learn to focus your mind, then learn to hold that focus for extended periods of time. Meditation! :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”