Dream Characters: Let's explore them further.....

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
lucidinthe sky

Re: Dream Characters: Let's explore them further.....

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Feb 2013 19:26

Had a brief conversation with 2 dream characters in a lucid dream this morning. Wanted to see if I could get some romance from a DC, at least some touch, but found it hard with them being total strangers. Went up to one DC that looked kind of like a mannequin with strange artificially colored hair (weird shades of light blue and pink) I asked: "I'm looking for someone here, is it you?" DC says no and points to another. The second DC seemed more interested (and a lot more real looking)and we just put our heads together literally with the side of my head touching the side of the DCs. Very realistic feeling. I explained to the DC that I would enjoy having some "sexy talk". (actually any kind of talk with a DC would do!) The reply was: "Does that mean that you are going to say the F word?" No, I replied. "Good, I'm kind of young for that!" The DC was obviously an adult so the comment surprised me. I asked "So how old are you anyway?" "Well, I'm at least 10 years old." I said "Yes, I'll say! And quite a bit older than that!" That's about as far as it went, woke up at that point. The whole experience was really enjoyable, just talking with our heads together which felt totally real. Had really good, warm feelings, especially knowing it was dream.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 22 Feb 2013 23:42

I've never connected heads with a dream character before. I have had 'sexy talk', I must admit. I only report my more intellectual conversations, but there is another side to me, and a lot of my lucid dream character encounters are sexual in nature. I'm reluctant to admit it and any details may go against the 'rules of the forum'! :oops: But I still learn from those experiences too: The do's and don'ts and what you can and cannot do in a lucid dream... ect. Even just through playing around for self gratification, you learn a lot.

Connecting heads sounds intriguing and I wonder what would happen if you MERGED with that person and became one?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2013 00:16

HAGART wrote:I've never connected heads with a dream character before. I have had 'sexy talk', I must admit. I only report my more intellectual conversations, but there is another side to me, and a lot of my lucid dream character encounters are sexual in nature. I'm reluctant to admit it and any details may go against the 'rules of the forum'! :oops: But I still learn from those experiences too: The do's and don'ts and what you can and cannot do in a lucid dream... ect. Even just through playing around for self gratification, you learn a lot.

Connecting heads sounds intriguing and I wonder what would happen if you MERGED with that person and became one?

It was an interesting experience having our heads together which in dream language might be something like the proverbial meaning of two people putting their heads together. But the physical feeling was exactly like it would be in waking life. Could feel the boundaries of my head against the DCs and even the hair felt just as it should.

Seems to me like DCs are usually not prepared for conversations, mostly when I'm lucid. The responses are often really odd. But that also could be because they are responding in a different language (symbolic dream language) So if they put their head together with you, that could mean "we need to both put our heads together to figure this out" I think you still have to use the normal dream interpretation even though they are speaking in your language.

The Merger idea could be very interesting, that may be have been what I was really seeking in the encounter. That could be better than any sexual encounter.

I am very careful to do things in lucid dreams just as if I was awake, this seems to keep the dream much more stable since I'm still a newb. Doing crazy things because I know it's a dream is telling myself that it's not real and of course it starts to become less real. Besides that, because it so real, there is always some hesitation and disbelief that it isn't real, hence the caution. Plus I really love that feeling of lingering doubt about whether it is really a dream, love to wake up shaking my head in disbelief.

This is about as close as I would get to sharing intimate encounters in a dream on a forum, although we might ask to have an adult's only page for such things, one that has one of those "click here if you are over 18" buttons or whatever. Not sure I would share then either though!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Feb 2013 01:32

lucidinthe sky wrote:although we might ask to have an adult's only page for such things, one that has one of those "click here if you are over 18" buttons or whatever. Not sure I would share then either though!
We cannot lie to ourselves and we all have our own unique experiences, and dreams are rarely rated G (or 'U' I think in Europe...). They can get a little rated R or X at times and we don't need the details, but at least we admit it. I think that is what you are saying and it is for our eyes only.

Anyway, I am comfortable with myself and my dreams, and no need to go into details with strangers, but I am glad I am not the only one. And anyone who says I am perverted and not like them.... is lying! (perhaps to themselves)

But at the end of the day, (or morning?) we can learn a lot just by doing things in lucid dreams not matter what they are. So I am not ashamed of my endeavors, however, they are classified, for my eyes only... and James Bond. Ok, just me and James Bond! Nobody else! (Bad joke and if nobody gets it I don't care!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 03:27

lucidinthesky. That's one thing I love about DCs WHEN one can actually get them to talk back (which they usually dont to me, I often get grunts or single word answers or they ignore me) is the strange things they say. They make me laugh. Im always thinking while this is going on.. what strange thing will my subconciousness be coming up with next.

I wonder why he said he was too young? Interesting comment. Maybe somewhere within you were were a bit hesitant/uncomfortable about doing anything sexual with a strange DC so subconciously created that excuse.

I cant currently remember if Ive every done anything sexual with a DC when in a LD (thou have in my OBEs). Its so hard just to get them to interact well with oneself (and I havent tried much to create a sexual DC). If I do ever get a sexual DC LD encounter happening.. the DC will probably just do something quite off putting eg start screaming fire!! fire!! at the crutial moment and run out. I never trust what those strange DCs are going to go and do next. I mostly see them as objects of study.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2013 08:11

taniaaust1 wrote: lucidinthesky. That's one thing I love about DCs WHEN one can actually get them to talk back (which they usually dont to me, I often get grunts or single word answers or they ignore me) is the strange things they say. They make me laugh. Im always thinking while this is going on.. what strange thing will my subconciousness be coming up with next.

I never know either what they will come up with, but often it's nothing. What surprises me too is what I come up with. Things like: "I'm looking for someone here, is it you?" Is that a bad pick up line or what? I've never said that before. That's kind of a strange thing to say to someone and where did it come from? But when I think about it, it's probably a good way to talk to a DC. I think I'm starting to learn how to talk to them in ways they can understand.

taniaaust1 wrote: I wonder why he said he was too young? Interesting comment. Maybe somewhere within you were were a bit hesitant/uncomfortable about doing anything sexual with a strange DC so subconciously created that excuse.

That's probably correct. The whole thing was very uncomfortable at first, just approaching a stranger like that. And these things are so real, I can't just switch modes like that and say, "well it's not real you know." When there's this 3 dimensional touchable person right next to you looking at you it's hard not to take that seriously.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 03:26

lucidinthe sky wrote: I never know either what they will come up with, but often it's nothing. What surprises me too is what I come up with. Things like: "I'm looking for someone here, is it you?" Is that a bad pick up line or what? I've never said that before. That's kind of a strange thing to say to someone and where did it come from?

It sounds as if your waking self is still under the influence a bit of your subconciousness and hence you dont speak as you usually would.

I dont tend to get surprises coming from myself as Im usually the same with my thinking as in waking life. Its only if Im not as lucid in my waking consciousness as I usually are.. will I catch myself saying or go to say or do something odd to me. (thou I can act a little different in LDs as I know I dont have to mind things such as my manners and do not have to treat those LDs how I would real people)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Characters”