Some few questions.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Mewie

Some few questions.

Postby Mewie » 07 Aug 2011 13:38

Hey.

I have some few questions, I hope you guys wanna help me. Well..

Can everybody dream LDs? Every single person?

I've seen many abbreviations, which I don't understand. I've road about some of them on the website, but I haven't found out what all of them means. Perhaps you know a website with them, or maybe you could write it to me?

I don't hope that my questions are too annoying, but I just need some answers.
Reality is a lovely place,
but I wouldn't wanna live there
. ~ Adam Young

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: Some few questions.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 07 Aug 2011 17:27

Hey there, I guess you meant to ask if anyone is able to have LDs...
The answer to that is yes, of course, but with proper training. Are blind or deaf people able to Lucid? I think yeah but they have never heard or seen anything, so their LD's will miss some aspects and experiences.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 07 Aug 2011 17:51

Thank you for your anwer. (:
. ~ Adam Young

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 07 Aug 2011 20:16

you are welcome, have nice dreams :D
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 08 Aug 2011 17:11

You will find the only answer in this type of category relies on your own experiences. You will also start realizing that the physical life you live in reflects the same.

Even abbreviations are different from website to website. It is quite an interesting journey once you start looking into questioning the experience of life itself. Best of luck, hope we can help.

And to your first question, yes everyone can lucid dream, just as everyone can see and hear, but their are obviously exceptions. Shamans are known as masters in the field, but that doesn't mean they are the only ones who can do this.

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 08 Aug 2011 19:42

Thank you so much for your answer!

Okay, then I have to learn it here. I knows alot of them, so I guess it is okay. Yes. Thank you again.

I'm glad to hear that. It's just, when you haven't dreamed LDs yet, it seems impossible. It's just, you can't imagine you something so amazing.

Have nice dreams, everybody.
. ~ Adam Young

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 08 Aug 2011 20:37

You'll get it. Just realize you are a baby again. You see others walking wondering if you can do the same, but first you must build your strength to crawl and stand. Efficient and persistent practice and you can do anything you want.

fineganswaker

Postby fineganswaker » 08 Aug 2011 20:51

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Are blind or deaf people able to Lucid? I think yeah but they have never heard or seen anything, so their LD's will miss some aspects and experiences.

Whoa--now there's a wild idea! What if in a lucid dream a deaf person could "hear" and a blind person could "see"? I can't imagine how that could be possible, but who knows?

I wonder if there's been any dream research into something like this...

Mewie

Postby Mewie » 09 Aug 2011 07:00

fineganswaker wrote:Whoa--now there's a wild idea! What if in a lucid dream a deaf person could "hear" and a blind person could "see"? I can't imagine how that could be possible, but who knows?

I wonder if there's been any dream research into something like this...

You're right, that was actually very interesting. It would be so cool
I'm just thinking, that blind people (some of them) don't know how anything looks like. Their brain doesn't know how to show it in a dream. But maybe they could make their own univers?..
. ~ Adam Young

rdubya

Postby rdubya » 09 Aug 2011 16:32

My roomate has many deaf friends. I will ask them the next time I see one if they can hear in dreams.

My unscientific view would say I bet they can if they believe they can, much like flying in a LD. Once you leave behind your physical reality limits you realize their are no laws of nature in these other realities.

However, if your brain is the only tool that allows us to interpret these realities from a certain perspective, perhaps they still cannot.

Def a question worth finding the answer to.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”