Trapped in Semi-Lucid state

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dala374

Trapped in Semi-Lucid state

Postby Dala374 » 24 Feb 2013 20:47

Hi everyone,

Recently, I’ve been having about one or two lucid dreams per week, all of them lasting no longer than about 15 seconds. So I’ve been working on dream stabilization, calming down, looking at my hands, feeling things, and just trying to pull attention to my senses to make them last longer.

I’m thinking this is something that is just going to take time, but every time I realize that I’m dreaming, I’m not able to move past the “Semi-Lucid” state. I try, but can’t stabilize or ground myself in the dream. I keep attempting to walk around and touch things, trying not to focus all my attention on one thing for too long, but the dream still slips away.

Dream spinning helps put me in another location and, in a way, prolongs the dream, but it hasn't really help stabilize the dream. I've tried shouting "clarity now" and rubbing my hands together, but the dream just slips away. I'm not able to plant myself firmly in the dream.

taniaaust1

Re: Trapped in Semi-Lucid state

Postby taniaaust1 » 25 Feb 2013 00:04

I keep attempting to walk around and touch things, trying not to focus all my attention on one thing for too long

Maybe that is your issue.. not putting enough focus on the things in your dream. Find something in your dream which really interests you and allow it to keep you in the dream, keep your focus with it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 25 Feb 2013 22:10

taniaaust1 wrote:
I keep attempting to walk around and touch things, trying not to focus all my attention on one thing for too long

Maybe that is your issue.. not putting enough focus on the things in your dream. Find something in your dream which really interests you and allow it to keep you in the dream, keep your focus with it.

I agree with this. What has saved me from losing lucidity many times is focusing hard on a particular object or person, until everything around me starts to settle down.
Dreaming is my drug

tea

Postby tea » 25 Feb 2013 23:07

same here.

a few weeks ago i beecame lucid but the realization also made the dream fade. my view went blurry and i was about to wake up when i said to myself "concentrate on an object!" so i sat down and put my face close to a bottle, trying to examine the etikette. as it became clearer i began to read the ingredients and that's how in the end my dream sucked me back in...

sadly i didn't do any more stabilization or reality checks, neither did i remind myself i was dreaming so i just played with my dreamscape for some moments (which was fun) and then woke up.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Dala374

Postby Dala374 » 26 Feb 2013 06:24

Ok I will try this. I guess, now that I think about it, I do tend to get a little hasty (because I keep trying to quickly stabilize the dream). :)

gandalfhere

Postby gandalfhere » 28 Feb 2013 15:22

Something that has worked for me is saying my name out loud, you can also state your profession and a few details of your real life. As the dream evolve, keep describing out loud what you are seeing like "I'm walking down a street" etc. It keeps you focused and it avoids you being dragged away from being lucid.

Return to “For Beginners”