Sleep paralysis

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
torakrubik

Sleep paralysis

Postby torakrubik » 07 Aug 2011 17:37

I've had a few LDs with the MILD technique, but i've been trying to induce a WILD through sleep paralysis for some time now. I know this is asked a lot, but i have trouble inducing the paralysis and was wondering exactly the stages you guys go through? For example, last night i was laying still and i got like a pins-and-needles sensation through my whole body, and for a few seconds it felt like only my head was there. I did feel kinda like vibrations and my hypnogogia went really diverse and vivid. I could still easily break out of this state though. How close was i? am i on the right path? thanks
Dreaming is my drug

Peter

Re: Sleep paralysis

Postby Peter » 08 Aug 2011 03:21

at the stage you described dont think about the feelings just let them wash over you and calmly observe the hypno images. For me around this time I will switch in an instant and be in a dream. It wont always work but you sound very close

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 08 Aug 2011 09:33

ok thanks, i'll try that out
Dreaming is my drug

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 16 Aug 2011 21:35

I've sort of ran into a brick wall in my ability to lucid dream right now. I had one by the WILD method a couple weeks ago and during that attempt. when I got into the vibrational stage, I heard a very loud ringing in my ears and felt body vibrations. my heartrate went up extremely high but I stayed calm enough to enter a lucid dream. I have tried it many times afterwards and just this morning I got to the exact same vibrational stage and this time I remained calm, no elevated heart beat, but I just could not enter a dream. I remember at one point during the stage, it felt like i opened my eyes and I saw a forest right in front of me but im not sure if it was my physical eyes opening. Please anyone help me.

Peter

Postby Peter » 16 Aug 2011 23:57

I think that sometimes when you go to open your eyes you are in the dream and even though trying for a WILD you miss the instant. Its odd and I have not quite got it yet but it seems that the first impressions of the LD are in you mind - eyes closed and then with full awareness you open your eyes and obtain the awareness equal to normal waking. Something that I am working on so I can describe better. That bit of indecision or questioning may be pinging you out of the state.

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 17 Aug 2011 02:47

Is this raise in heart rate dangerous to anyone who has a serious heart condition? (Not saying that I do)
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

lawilahd

Postby lawilahd » 20 Aug 2011 23:32

to world enterer, I think anything that significantly raises your heart rate could be potentially bad for someone with a heart condition. I do know that the more you practice this method, the less intense the feelings become and you get used to them and your heartrate wont speed up as much. I do have another question, this morning i came close to having another WILD but when i got to the vibrations, it seems every time they occur, I immediately tell myself to relax and calm down, and i'm not too excited like before, but when i try to relax my whole body, one of my limbs, usually my foot or hand moves involuntarily, effectively ending the vibrations and ringing noise. Has anyone else experienced this, its very annoying and I would like for it to stop.

worldenterer

Postby worldenterer » 22 Aug 2011 01:34

Thanks. I was just curious about how sleep paralasys effects different people.
It needs to be about 20% cooler.

Whale

Postby Whale » 02 Sep 2011 06:45

I have a question about the heart rate thing. You see, i have ADD and have to take meds to have a normal attention span. One of the side effects is increased heart rate. Would this one side effect make it pottentialy dangerous to attemp a WILD? The other bad thing is, it prevents you from feeling tired, so i have a hard time sleeping when im on it... any suggestions?

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”