Speaking With Dead Grandfather

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
debreb

Speaking With Dead Grandfather

Postby debreb » 22 Feb 2013 17:04

Firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone- this is my first post on this forum :D - Hello!

I wonder if anyone has any insight on what I experienced the other night. My grandfather passed away around 4 months ago. He had been very ill with alzhiemers for a long time, so his passing wasn't a shock... more of a relief in a sense. Anyway, 2 nights ago I was dreaming a normal dream about him- we were walking his greyhounds together (as we did when I was younger) i don't remember much of the details, it was quite hazy and just a normal pleasant dream. Then suddenly everything went very very focused as normally happens when I go lucid and it was just me and my papa in a sort of grey/ brown place (strange!). It was very clear and he said to me "thanks for greetin hen" (thanks for crying in good old scots) which i'm guessing was in reference to me crying after his death/ at the funeral. Anyway, I remember feeling very elated and happy and saying to him "it's really you it's really really you!" and then hugging him. Then I could feel a light tapping on my arm and sort of floated backwards and up to awaken to my fiance shrugging me awake for making noises in my sleep!

Has anyone experienced something similar? Was it really him visiting me?! I feel very comforted after the experience and I guess really think it was him coming through to speak to me :D He always said he would come back!!

taniaaust1

Re: Speaking With Dead Grandfather

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 03:50

Ive had a couple of actual visits of those who have passed away, in these they came to me and were in my bedroom with me (I was astral having an OBE at the time). I think thou spirits can also enter ones dreams too.

My grandfather visited me a very short time after his death... and my favourite uncle he visited me over 10 years after his death.

My grandfathers visit was very short.. basically just telling me he was okay while my uncle had longer visit. Interestingly my sister also got a visit by our grandfather around the same time.

With my uncle we chatted about various family members and he was asking me about things I'd done over the past 10 years. It was like my uncle hadnt been able to visit me before this and been away from us (he didnt die naturally but died in a motor bike accident when he hit a tree while also suspected being under the influence of drugs..marijuana). Maybe the way he died prevented him from having the awareness and ability to visit sooner????

Ive had experiences with the deceased too while completely awake and not meditating or in astral projection states. I had a cat who I used to experience for years after his death. I'd feel him brush himself against my legs while I was doing dishes at home.. other times I'd feel him jump up on me. I saw him too with my physical eyes just a glimpse as he walked out of a door or a glimpse of him walking across room. He only stopped visiting me after one day he frightened me cause I hadnt realised it was him (I thought a negative entity had jumped up onto me for a moment and was too slow stopping the fear emotion... at which time I felt a strong wave of fear leave my body and hit my beloved cat). Sadly I never saw or experienced him again after that. I think the negative energy directed at him had made him leave.

My children also had experiences with our spirit cat around the house while awake too. I dont know if it had anything to do with our cat so frequency being about the house but he'd died under the house and his body was still there.

People can and do come back and it may of been real.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 25 Feb 2013 11:18

i had an experience similar to it. my friend died bcoz of kidney failure 2 years ago. he was in great pain and discomfort, bcoz of it, i was happy for him wen he passed away. i used to see him in regular dream. just glimpses of him. one night i had this vivid dream about him, (it was not a LD ) he said he is happy wer he is right now, dont need to worry about him, he used to have a bad leg which is hard to walk on, but when i asked about his leg, he said its fine now. ( i wonder y i asked this question it wasnt a LD) and also he asked me to tell his parents about a letter, he said a specific name, but unfortunately i forgot that name wen i woke up. i never spoke about this to his parents bcoz they r too sensitive about him, wen they starts talking about him, they starts crying, and its not a pleasant view. so i am keeping to myself nowadays. its strange 2 have these kind of dream is it?. whatever it is , its makes us happy knowing they r fine werever they r.
I see the Truth now.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 25 Feb 2013 23:55

My step-mother visted me in 2 of my dreams. I had been with her shortly before death and tried to comfort her about the process and tried to help her to let go. At the time she visited me in the dream, I thought that people had physical bodies in the next life although I know longer believe that (but I believe you can simulate them along with all other physical reality like in LDs).

So when I saw her I was very excited and said something like "That's great you have a physical body!" She replied something like, "Well, there are a lot of ghosts around here." Then she told me that I had helped her cross over "after the war" which I'm not sure about what that meant. But anyway she said she would also be there to help me when it was my time to pass into the afterlife. It was very encouraging for me. I hope she visits again and there are others who have passed that I'm interested in seeing. Who knows if it is actually that person, but it is very interesting anyway.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 26 Feb 2013 03:40

As comforting as that is, I don't think it was actually him. After somebody dies, their brain is no longer operable. All the synapses and fluids that make it work are gone and dried up. For him to be able to even have a chance of recognizing you or knowing you in a dream, he'd have to be alive. I don't even think people can have inter person dreams even when they are alive though. As unfortunate an opinion that is to have on my part, I feel that it is true. By no means though should you want to stop having dreams about talking to him. It is a great thing to be able to feel that loved one's company even thought they may be gone.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Feb 2013 05:59

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive had a couple of actual visits of those who have passed away, in these they came to me and were in my bedroom with me (I was astral having an OBE at the time). I think thou spirits can also enter ones dreams too.

There are so many people who have reported experiences like these, including myself. It's a pretty interesting and I hope more people here share these experiences on this forum. I know it's hard to share intimate details about your loved ones so thanks to everyone who is contributing to the thread by sharing their experiences.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

R99

Postby R99 » 26 Feb 2013 15:13

Worldenterer1 wrote:As comforting as that is, I don't think it was actually him. After somebody dies, their brain is no longer operable. All the synapses and fluids that make it work are gone and dried up. For him to be able to even have a chance of recognizing you or knowing you in a dream, he'd have to be alive. I don't even think people can have inter person dreams even when they are alive though. As unfortunate an opinion that is to have on my part, I feel that it is true. By no means though should you want to stop having dreams about talking to him. It is a great thing to be able to feel that loved one's company even thought they may be gone.

okay, then what about haunted house or place, u could always feel some kind of energy. what is that in ur opinion? just want to know ur view.
I see the Truth now.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 28 Feb 2013 03:21

R99 wrote:
Worldenterer1 wrote:As comforting as that is, I don't think it was actually him. After somebody dies, their brain is no longer operable. All the synapses and fluids that make it work are gone and dried up. For him to be able to even have a chance of recognizing you or knowing you in a dream, he'd have to be alive. I don't even think people can have inter person dreams even when they are alive though. As unfortunate an opinion that is to have on my part, I feel that it is true. By no means though should you want to stop having dreams about talking to him. It is a great thing to be able to feel that loved one's company even thought they may be gone.

okay, then what about haunted house or place, u could always feel some kind of energy. what is that in ur opinion? just want to know ur view.

Personally, I think that people are just imagining this "energy." I've gone to "haunted" places and felt nothing. Most of the time on these ghost hunter shows I see, the people just overreact to everything to make the place seem haunted. And like I said before, there is a ton of evidence that points towards the truth that after someone dies, their brain is no longer operable. Just think, Alzheimer's can make some people unable to remember family members, and amnesia can result in absolute loss of memory. Those are just mishaps in the brain. Death shuts the whole thing down completely. That's right: absolute loss of all sensation and consciousness, forever. Kinda scary when ya think about it, but also cool. The only reason your brain works is because of constant blood flow, so after you die and the heart stops beating, it's game over.

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Feb 2013 18:14

:| i cannot make up my mind on this subject, maybe i need more experience.
I see the Truth now.

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 01 Mar 2013 01:17

R99 wrote::| i cannot make up my mind on this subject, maybe i need more experience.

No, you don't need experience. You just need to listen to me, 'cause I'm right! :D

Return to “Paranormal Activity”