How to increase chances on spontaneous lucid dreams

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jack Reacher

How to increase chances on spontaneous lucid dreams

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Feb 2013 04:48

I would like to use this topic to discuss ways of increasing the chances of entering dreams in this fashion, feel free to go outside the topic as much as you like by talking about any factors you think might be relevant in achieving this.

About a year ago I was into lucid dreaming and I was getting pretty good at it.... without really knowing how. I never bothered with reality checks or thinking about it through the day, I would simply go to bed with a clear mind, somehow wake up at around 5 am and without opening my eyes I would lay there, and just spontaneously pop into a lucid dream.

This would work about twice a week, depending on what I had on in the morning. On the nights that it did work I would have like 4 LDs in a row. I was pretty happy with this progress as I started to gain more control over the dreams.

However eventually I got distracted due to university and friends and such, and I stopped caring much for lucid dreaming. Now that I am much more organised I still see this little phenomenon as an opportunity I should exploit, seems like a waste of potential just sleeping in in a blind haze. However I cant seem to do this anymore, I can remember my dreams in detail and record them in the morning but I never pop into dreams anymore.

I think the key factor is how clear headed you are, how confident and stable and how much control you have over your mind and your actions in waking life.
Last edited by Jack Reacher on 26 Feb 2013 09:48, edited 1 time in total.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

oliverclay

Re: How to increase chances on spontaneous lucid dreams

Postby oliverclay » 26 Feb 2013 06:12

This article is describing very important aspect of lucid dreaming, good share in the community!
www.meryem.com

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 26 Feb 2013 07:34

touch'e . Its frustrating isnt it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Feb 2013 09:56

Well seeing as im not lucid dreaming atm I think I might do some work on this area then as it seems not many people have much conclusive advise. We all have a lot of tools such as WBTB, WILDS etc but im more curious as to whether our state of mind and wellbeing during the day or waking life effects the success rate of having a spontaneous lucid dream.

Seeing as I have a bit of a break before university starts il get on to this right away. I think its all about what you can control in life, the amount of control you have not only of your actions but of your thoughts as well, and how we cope with things we cannot control. But to actually define control at a precise level is extremely tricky. For instance say I want to have a lucid dream where I am on a beach. Do I have any control over that ambition, to dream on a beach? And if not, if I am in such a state where all I want is to dream about being on a beach, then how much control do I have in that state? Say I then want to go swimming whilst in the dream, but instead my focus tends towards flying towards a cloud. This is a different loss of control, you want to swim but you end up flying towards a cloud because another part wanted to fly.

You can also see this sort of decision making at a bigger scale before you go to sleep, certain images will float into your mind without you trying but you have a certain degree of control on what you do with those images, you can manipulate them to some extent. I think you should be thinking about what it is you are doing and controlling in your dreams to get a better understanding of your potential during the dream. Also practicing stuff like this in waking life is incredibly useful, its simply being mindful.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Feb 2013 17:32

Jack Reacher wrote:Well seeing as im not lucid dreaming atm I think I might do some work on this area then as it seems not many people have much conclusive advise. We all have a lot of tools such as WBTB, WILDS etc but im more curious as to whether our state of mind and wellbeing during the day or waking life effects the success rate of having a spontaneous lucid dream.

I think there are a lot factors involved and one of them is state of mind/well being. I've been doing WILD so when my mind is really busy with things or stressed and can't relax that makes it difficult. It takes a combination of a lot of effort and relaxing. That's an unusual combination and difficult to manage.

The biggest thing so far for me seems to be how badly I want it. It takes a lot of effort in most cases, but I have to really want it a lot. Not just superficially, but deep down desire. A lot of the times I have to get to this point of not having it for a while and really, really wanting it badly, then I have one. Still trying to understand why this up and down in lucid dreaming activity exists.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 26 Feb 2013 22:41

Im agreeing with motivation a lot now, I had a really clear head when I went to sleep and all, but when I woke up this morning early I was just so relaxed I didnt care at all about lucid dreaming and just lay there enjoying a rare sleep in.

This has actually become a problem for other things, I want to wake up early from now on so I can do extra reading before I have to go to uni, but instead when I wake up I just set me alarm so I have just enough time to eat breakfast and shower and then head off to uni, I would rather just lay there doing nothing enjoying that haze.

So my next step is to ruin it I suppose, I think actually getting out of bed to sort of snap out of the spell might help a lot, and in the past I had loads of lucid dreams whenever I got out of bed to go to the toilet.
Ha, so im guessing if you have my problem and just cant get out of bed, maybe drink lots of water before you go to bed.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 27 Feb 2013 03:32

I've written about multiple ways in which you can increase your chances for spontaneous projections to occur. I'll just quote the article I wrote below. It's also a direct excerpt from my free eBook.

I’m going to take this directly from my free 60 page eBook on the Basics of Phasing, which you can download from here.

Another way to have a non-physical experience is becoming aware during a non-physical dream awareness experience (aka, a normal dream). Some people call these DEILD’s (Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream) There are certain things you can do to increase your likely hood of becoming aware during an experience. The following are ideas you can use to make such occur.

1. Practice Reality Checks throughout your day
2. Keep a Dream Journal
3. Repeat Affirmations while falling asleep at night
4. Practice Mindfulness
5. Have the proper Intent

The first way to try to increase the number of Lucid Awareness experiences you have is to practice doing Reality Checks throughout your day. What this means is that as you’re going about your physical life, stop for a second every so often and check to see if you’re actually awake. If you’re awake in the physical, the check should be obvious. Likewise, if you do a reality check while you’re non-physical, it should also be obvious. I tend to use the same questions as in the above section:

1. “Where am I?”
2. “Where am I going?”
3. “How did I get here?” and
4. “What am I doing?”

You can ask yourself these questions in 10 seconds or less. Then, when you get the result you either continue going about your physical life or fly off into the sunset in the non-physical to have some amazing adventure. It’s important that the timing of your reality checks happen when you’re doing something that you usually do while you dream. For example, you might do a check when you hear a beep on your watch. Or perhaps when you look at your hands, or maybe when you go to the bathroom. Timing is everything with reality checks. You’ll need to do them for at least a couple weeks before they’ll carry over into your non-physical
time. Just keep them up and be persistent, they do work!

The next thing you can do is to keep a dream journal. This is probably one of the best things you can do as the benefits are twofold. It helps you to remember your non-physical experiences by programming your subconscious mind into remembering as much of them as it can. Also, we tend to dream the same stuff over and over. The more dream experiences you can actively remember because of your journal, the greater the chance that you’ll notice one of those experiences happening while you’re in the non-physical. If you can recognize certain dream elements that you tend to dream about a lot, you can use that knowledge to trigger a lucid awareness within your consciousness. For example, say you dream a lot about walking down a side street in a city. This is a dream element that appears in your dream journal quite a lot, then one night you have a dream that you’re walking down a side street in a city. As you’re having this experience, you might stop for a second and remember your dream journal entry regarding it. This might trigger your lucid or astral awareness.

Another way of having more lucid awareness experiences is to program yourself while you’re falling asleep at night by repeating an affirmation. The affirmation should always be kept in the present tense and should allude to you recognizing that you’re dreaming. Something like, “I am recognizing I am dreaming”. Try not to use future tense such as, “I will recognize I am dreaming”, because your mind will always look at that as being “in the future” and will never apply it to your present self. That’s just how the subconscious mind works. Try coming up with your own affirmations and see which works best for you.

Next method to increase your lucid awareness experiences is to practice always being mindful. Always be fully aware of what you’re doing and when you’re doing it. That level of awareness will travel over into the non-physical with you if you do it enough while awake. It will become part of who you are and you’ll naturally realize that you’re in the nonphysical.

The last thing is your Intention. Command your subconscious on a constant basis by saturating it with Lucid Dreaming and Astral Projection content. Read as much as you can on the subject. Read books, websites, forums, talk about it with other people. Just keep your mind completely on the subject to the point where your subconscious mind can’t ignore it.

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/02/13/how-to-increase-your-chances-of-having-lucid-awareness-experiences-lucid-dreams/
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”