Can't reach the hypnagogia state.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Rharuk

Can't reach the hypnagogia state.

Postby Rharuk » 26 Feb 2013 18:21

Hello, I'm new here and three days ago I restarted to interest for LD. I'm using the WILD technique to have LD , I go to bed and reach the point when i stop feeling my body, but the hypnagogia images never come even with hours staying still on my back. Do you guys have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

taniaaust1

Re: Can't reach the hypnagogia state.

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Feb 2013 13:04

Some of us dont usually get into hypnagogia. I myself tend to just WILD without it and the first images I'll get will be inside a dream. (Usually actually I'll just feel myself in a dream first)

If you cant feel your body no more..try at that point to think about yourself being somewhere else in your body.. that may help you shift your consciousness elsewhere.

or you can try doing LD when more tired so you cant be laying there on your back for hours and something will have to then occur before that. You will either succede with causing a WILD or you will fall asleep.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Feb 2013 17:23

Rharuk wrote:Hello, I'm new here and three days ago I restarted to interest for LD. I'm using the WILD technique to have LD , I go to bed and reach the point when i stop feeling my body, but the hypnagogia images never come even with hours staying still on my back. Do you guys have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I find it easier to have HI when I first go to bed at night, but that's not a good time to do WILD. You should have 5-7 hours of sleep before doing WILD. I also have trouble getting HI to start, that's my biggest problem. 2 things I do to help. The first is relax and try to let your mind be less active about things like what you have to do today or worrying about some problems, etc. Try to let the creative side of your mind be more active, I do this by just fantasizing about things and making up stories in my mind. Sometimes I use things that have happened in my life and try to imagine them with changes, just get the imagination going. This works really well for me to get HI going. If you want to try that, let us know if that works for you.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Rharuk

Postby Rharuk » 27 Feb 2013 18:59

Ok i'll try to sleep for a while before attempting the WILD and let the immagination be more active. I'll let you know if tonight it works :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Rharuk

Postby Rharuk » 28 Feb 2013 07:30

I was able to reach a meditation state now thanks :D but i think i fell asleep yesterday or maybe did it but lost awareness in someway, i'll keep trying :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Feb 2013 08:23

Rharuk wrote:I was able to reach a meditation state now thanks :D but i think i fell asleep yesterday or maybe did it but lost awareness in someway, i'll keep trying :D

Practice doing reality checks too so if you do loose awareness so you may suddenly become aware in your dreams. Best chance of a soon success is boosting all the ways it could happen.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Rharuk

Postby Rharuk » 03 Mar 2013 18:49

Hello again guys, as i said last time I'm able to reach further on WILDing by now but there's something still bothering me... I try to imagine me on the dreamworld don't paying attention to my physical body, but after a while when I sometimes move my hand on my mind to reach something suddendly my real hand moves and I've to restart everything from zero. Any tips?

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 04 Mar 2013 09:55

Rharuk wrote:Hello, I'm new here and three days ago I restarted to interest for LD. I'm using the WILD technique to have LD , I go to bed and reach the point when i stop feeling my body, but the hypnagogia images never come even with hours staying still on my back. Do you guys have any ideas? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I am also suffering from the very same problem.

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3415
Do a reality check

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 05 Mar 2013 06:06

deepakkumaar97 wrote:

Thanks!

I am also suffering from the very same problem.

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3415

All you guys need more practice to reach this state.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 14 Mar 2013 16:25

Accidentally found another way to induce HI. I was in bed trying to WILD and was thinking of something, but didn't have the exact word like when you can't remember someone's name. I kept trying to find the word and went straight into HI. Tied it again later and just pretended I didn't know the word and that worked to.

Would like to know if anyone has used this and not give it a try and let us know.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”