A CRAZY THEORY..

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
R99

A CRAZY THEORY..

Postby R99 » 26 Feb 2013 18:27

i had this thought wen i read taniaust1's dream, that she had sometime ago. in her dream she tried to save a girl from a fire that happened in a building, but she failed to do so. after some days she hear news about a fire in a building, and a death of a girl who failed to escape or rescued (dont know the deatails). what if our dreamer managed to save that girl in her dream, which resulted in no death in the real world during that fire.
ever think about this... a rescue in dream world, can save life in real world. looks like a science fiction story ha. what if i am right :shock: what if i am wrong. there is no proof or cannot be proved. share ur thoughts. i know its crazy. but its also cool.
I see the Truth now.

tea

Re: A CRAZY THEORY..

Postby tea » 26 Feb 2013 22:42

well.. it's not much of a new thought to me and although i have experienced the power of thoughts (therefore also dreams), i think in this case it's a bit rushed to say that it all depended on the dream.

the problem with the secrets of our mind is that once we tasted it's new flavour, we tend to forget that a healthy mix of all of life's flavours is necessary to obtain a sense for what's good to eat and what not... i know i have. ;)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

alissa

Postby alissa » 26 Feb 2013 23:28

Wow... I don't really believe that that's true. But wouldn't it be AWESOME?!! I would go around saving everyone's lives, lol. I believe the mind sort of is only in itself. I don't really think that it could change what happens in real life, per se, but I do think it can predict events. Like maybe taniaaust1 had one of those psychic dreams that people talk about. My cousin had one once that her friend, who was away on this mission trip with our church, would fall off the raft while white water rafting, but she didn't want to be overprotective or anything, and didn't tell him, even though she had this inkling. Later, we found out that he DID fall off the raft, but luckily somebody grabbed him and did pull him back on. So, yeah, I don't know if I agree with your theory, but I do believe that stuff like that might be real. :) That was really interesting to think about!
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

tea

Postby tea » 27 Feb 2013 09:28

alissa wrote:I believe the mind sort of is only in itself. I don't really think that it could change what happens in real life, per se, but I do think it can predict events.

well.. how can it predict events when it's only in itself? i think you're conflicting yourself here a bit.

what about that: imagine you're wishing for someone to die. how do you feel? i mean, do you have any problem thinking bad stuff without feeling guilty? i guess you do and that's healthy. but, according to your last post, why should you?

the thing is that everything is a part of everything. every even so tiny detail influences it's surroundings. and the mind definitely isn't something on it's own, how could you -for example- measure the brainwaves if it was isolated?
reality works in strange ways but you could imagine it like the surface of water. every action that's taken is like a droplet or stone, thrown into it. big stones cause big waves while small ones cause only small. bit still they cause waves. and every wave can build up to a tsunami.. constructive interference.

there are no borders in reality... panta rhei.
and that's not just a philiosophical view. it's universal.

i hope you got an insight on how i see things :)

peace
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 27 Feb 2013 11:37

No idea if it can be done or not.. I didnt manage to save the girl (but of cause that dont necessarily mean that something couldnt be changed, I just dont know).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 27 Feb 2013 15:05

it cannot be proved, thats what i call this theory "A CRAZY THEORY". i used to have dreams like, somebody in danger (DC), (its like hobby) and i dont know y every time i managed to save them from it. in one LD i saw a guy who is scared bcoz he was followed by wolf pack in a forest, and he asked for help from me. i used my flying skill to help that DC, & got him away from there. but in the process i lost my lucid state. but i felt good about it coz i saved him. yesterday night i got another dream about saving a girl from sword fight, its like war between ninjas and samurais. it was cool, i was also in samurai outfit. my suggestion is this, that every time wen u have a chance to help a DC, do it. who knows u r saving a life in real world. 8-)
I see the Truth now.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 27 Feb 2013 15:16

What's more likely, at least to me, is that she picked up on the consciousness that was the victim and shared in the reality it created. There is a lot of evidence that shows that while nonphysical we can pick up the thoughts of others and it will then manifest within our own experience.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 27 Feb 2013 19:52

The instinct of tania knew it would happen. That's why tania could not safe the girl in her dream. I have alot moments in my life where i think "Hey.. THis happened before.. Wait.. I DREAMED THIS LAST WEEK!" and mostly it is about nothing. I am just sitting in a classroom.
Life is a gift, Not a right.

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Feb 2013 17:26

Dark wolf wrote:The instinct of tania knew it would happen. That's why tania could not safe the girl in her dream. I have alot moments in my life where i think "Hey.. THis happened before.. Wait.. I DREAMED THIS LAST WEEK!" and mostly it is about nothing. I am just sitting in a classroom.

used to happen to me these moments, seen in the dream b4 the actual event, wonder y this happening? is there anything more to this phenomenon????
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Mar 2013 12:27

R99 wrote:
Dark wolf wrote:The instinct of tania knew it would happen. That's why tania could not safe the girl in her dream. I have alot moments in my life where i think "Hey.. THis happened before.. Wait.. I DREAMED THIS LAST WEEK!" and mostly it is about nothing. I am just sitting in a classroom.

used to happen to me these moments, seen in the dream b4 the actual event, wonder y this happening? is there anything more to this phenomenon????

If time dont exist and the mind is outside of time.. makes sense we can then be experiencing future events (no idea why the mind would thou tune into things which dont even involve us).

A book I really enjoyed reading (really makes the you think about things) is called "The Yoga of Time Travel. How the mind can defeat time" by Fred Alan Wolf (its got quantum physics and stuff in it but is written in a quite easy to understand way).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”