mysterious man...

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
tea

mysterious man...

Postby tea » 22 Feb 2013 13:02

hi folks!
as i was browsing through the forum i noticed that nobody has brought up something i've read about some years ago: a specific dream character that seems to show up in many people's dreams all around the world.

here is a link to a website dedicated to this phenomenon: http://www.thisman.org

WARNING:
if you visit the website and see pictures of this man, it wont be something special if he shows up in your dreams since you have seen his face. the interesting thing about this phenomenon is that it seems that people always see the same person and he seems to always be a good guy in some way.
but if you wanna know more i suggest you check it out for yourself.

anyway, yesterday i've read this post http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3262 and today i stumbled upon that one http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3312 and i was wondering if they might have looked like him.

however, i'm still not sure what to think of "the man - phenomenon" but this forum seems like a good place the start finding out what this is about.

peace :]

taniaaust1

Re: mysterious man...

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 03:07

Sounds interesting. I wont check out what he looks like or anything on him as I'd like to not have influenced a dream if he's ever going to appear.

I havent yet came across a DC while Im lucid dreaming with any mysterious wise man but will check out those links if I ever do.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

alissa

Postby alissa » 23 Feb 2013 22:17

I think I might have seen him in a dream once about 10 years ago, when I was 3 or 4. I'll explain what I remember.

I was upstairs in my house, and in the back bedroom (it was not being used, it was a guest room at the time) I saw a man on the computer in the room, and he was not part of my family. I remember knowing his name was Tobian. I don't know how I knew that, but I did. Anyways, I only saw the back of him. He was balding a bit in the back, and he wasn't fat, but he wasn't thin. I was really scared of him, because he didn't belong in my house. Then my mom was in the room with me, and she held me close and said something about the situation that I can't remember.

Anyhow, that's all I remember, but from what I saw, it could be him. It's a strange phenomenon, isn't it? I've seen that site before, too.
“All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” -Edgar Allan Poe

Are you dreaming?

R99

Postby R99 » 24 Feb 2013 03:58

nope, never seen him.. :)
I see the Truth now.

tea

Postby tea » 26 Feb 2013 12:39

taniaaust1 wrote:I havent yet came across a DC while Im lucid dreaming with any mysterious wise man but will check out those links if I ever do.

as far as i know it's not necessarily a "wise" person.. the interesting thing is that although normally every face in a dream has been seen before, his seems to show up even although the dreamers haven't seen a face like his before..
but then... how can you even tell?

i'm coming to the conclusion, that this phenomenon is some hoax and marketing thing of some sort..
or maybe just a cry for attention. i don't know.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 27 Feb 2013 06:12

This is the interesting fact that the picture of this man looks very familiar and he looks like a very nice guy.
www.meryem.com

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 27 Feb 2013 16:24

That's certainly strange enough! I have never seen that face in my dreams but I sure have seen many faces of people that I have never seen in real life...it always puzzles me where they come from.Just the other night I had a dream of two men who were boxers (fighters).Completely dressed in boxing trunks and they even had the mouth protectors in their mouths,boxing gloves on and all.The room was filled with people and these 2 boxers were very irritated at the fact that there were 2 men who they claimed were homosexuals in the room.I was talking to a police man (another unfamiliar face) and the 2 men told the cop that they were concerned that these 2 homosexual men would try to have sex right there in the room...??????...... :lol: WTH????
The whole time they talked to the cop,they bounced around punching at the air as a boxer does in the ring...lol....I have no idea where this dream even originated from.I recognized not even one of these people in the whole room.Could my mind create all those unfamiliar faces at one time?? I can only wonder.I have never known a boxer in real life nor did I know who this cop was...but yet they were right there as real as ever.I wonder if we will ever know the truth about who the people are that show up in our dreams.Just look at the people who say that they meet a person repeatedly in their dreams and actually "fall in love" with them and feel empty without them when they wake up....there's gotta be more to dream characters than we think,I'm pretty convinced that there is.Just my opinion though ;)

tea

Postby tea » 27 Feb 2013 19:20

dreamworld777 wrote:That's certainly strange enough! I have never seen that face in my dreams but I sure have seen many faces of people tha ......... s cop was...but yet they were right there as real as ever.I wonder if we will ever know the truth about who the people are that show up in our dreams.Just look at the people who say that they meet a person repeatedly in their dreams and actually "fall in love" with them and feel empty without them when they wake up....there's gotta be more to dream characters than we think,I'm pretty convinced that there is.Just my opinion though ;)

well.. it's pretty obvious to me;
first off, did you know that your brain saves every information it'll ever get? that means that you can't really tell whether you've seen a face before or not, because a face in a dream can easily be a face of someone you've seen on the streets, just by passing by without even consciously noticing. (or tv)

and secondly, luckily we humans have phanatsy! :D
which means we are capable of willingly mixing up our thoughts! like imagining landscapes, built together by different memories.. and even faces.
so in the end, it is possible to me that you dream of a face/person you've never actually seen before because your brain simply builds it's own, based on the many different ones :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Thyraize

Postby Thyraize » 27 Feb 2013 21:21

A few years back I was just lying in my bed - my mother was in the room talking to me - and I closed my eyes for a second. I saw an image of a tanned, old man who was wearing really old clothes, like prehistory things. He was standing in an English country side like landscape, and then he dissapeard leaving only the landscape for a while until I opened my eyes. It was like no time passed when I heard my mother talking again, now I haven't clicked the link, but... this came closest to what I can consider 'the man'.

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 28 Feb 2013 06:27

Everyone here see this man and surprise everybody know this guy in the dreams,

Return to “Dream Characters”