scary dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
allenjamieson

scary dream

Postby allenjamieson » 16 Feb 2013 17:06

Hi Im allen, and i had a dream so crazy it was awfull. im 28 and male.

i dreamt I woke up, it was dark and cold. and I was so dizzy I actually felt sick, I couldn't talk or wake up from the dream, I was trying to scream but could only mumble and trying to get help. I stood up and staggered to the door trying to get to my parents room to get help, still very dizzy and not able to speak I got back to my bed and i looked at myself in bed but I was all decomposed and looked like i had been dead for months

when i eventually woke up i still had a dizzy sick feeling for a few minutes

any ideas what this dream means?

Thankyou in advance

knight of cups

Re: scary dream

Postby knight of cups » 16 Feb 2013 17:19

It's called sleep paralysis, body asleep... mind awake. This experience can lead to amazing lucidity if you can relax with it.

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 27 Feb 2013 06:38

knight of cups wrote:It's called sleep paralysis, body asleep... mind awake. This experience can lead to amazing lucidity if you can relax with it.

Yes it is sleep paralysis, This is a transition state when a person tried to wake up with complete muscle weakness.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Feb 2013 10:44

allenjamieson wrote:Hi Im allen, and i had a dream so crazy it was awfull. im 28 and male.

i dreamt I woke up, it was dark and cold. and I was so dizzy I actually felt sick, I couldn't talk or wake up from the dream, I was trying to scream but could only mumble and trying to get help. I stood up and staggered to the door trying to get to my parents room to get help, still very dizzy and not able to speak I got back to my bed and i looked at myself in bed but I was all decomposed and looked like i had been dead for months

when i eventually woke up i still had a dizzy sick feeling for a few minutes

any ideas what this dream means?

Thankyou in advance

If it happens again.. consider you could have a medical condition eg sleep apnea and hence why you were dizzy for few minutes after waking. If your were breath holding in your sleep.. dizziness may come into the dream and you may get that wanting to scream feel (as your body is like screaming for oxygen). If you are a snorer you are more likely to have sleep apnea then a non snorer. Has anyone ever told you you breath hold in your sleep?

If one cant breath.. one usually cant speak.. and what happens if someone dont breath for a long time.. they die (decomposing in bed).. so that all may of been your subconsciousness symbolising the situation in the over dramatic way subconciousnesses often do.

There is always reasons why we dream what we do.. it's our subconsciousness talking.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Dream Interpretation”