Do you think LDing could....

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Vonozar

Do you think LDing could....

Postby Vonozar » 28 Feb 2013 03:30

I was just letting my mind wander a bit, and I started thinking about what effect lucid dreaming may have on the progression of Alzheimer's or even helping to prevent it. I googled this because I was curious to see what I would find, but there really isn't anything. :/ Any thoughts? :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: Do you think LDing could....

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Feb 2013 07:43

Vonozar wrote:I was just letting my mind wander a bit, and I started thinking about what effect lucid dreaming may have on the progression of Alzheimer's or even helping to prevent it. I googled this because I was curious to see what I would find, but there really isn't anything. :/ Any thoughts? :)

to know if it prevented Alzheimers, the only way to know that would be with a proper study on it with a control group too. Im not surprised no studies have been done on that :) , there are so many very important study areas in medicine not done yet.

I'd think thou guessing, that those with Alzheimers probably would have trouble staying in LD dream (they'd probably forget what they are doing and confuse things so their minds would then subconsciously drift).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 28 Feb 2013 14:29

That makes sense. But what if they are just starting to get Alzheimer's so they can still remember things for a while (eventually forget it, yes) or someone who hasn't gotten it yet but probably will later on? If you are using that much brain power when lucid dreaming, shouldn't it have some affect on slowing down the progression of the desease?

tea

Postby tea » 28 Feb 2013 15:42

nice thought! i'm pretty certain it can help :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”