Watching myself dreaming in a dream...

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
Jeppx

Watching myself dreaming in a dream...

Postby Jeppx » 27 Feb 2013 23:45

Last night I had the weirdest dream experience i've ever had. This is going to be really hard to explain but I will try.
The dream started with me watching myself in the mirror (and this part is very blury). Nothing was weird or out of place and I dont remember all of it but its not important. I then woke up at 5 am like I always do. Then I fell back into sleep. Here is where the weird things start. In my second dream, I'm watching myself dreaming on a computer monitor. I see the back of my head and its slowly twisting so I can soon se my face. I knew that i was watching myself dreaming but i didnt know I was dreaming at the moment.
I saw my face and I noticed my eyes were in REM or something because they were all rolled back and twiching real fast. Then suddenly they stopped and stared at me. THAT WAS TERRIFYING!
My dream face on the monitor was suddenly staring me right in the eyes. Then my right eye suddenly did sort of a 360 spin... Really weird. Then I woke up crawling on the floor. I felt something in my hand but didnt check what it was. It felt like jelly or something, really slimy. Then I woke up again and realised I had a false awakening.

So to sum this up. I watched myself dreaming within a dream. It was kind of "nightmarish". Really creepy. I then had a false awakening where I was crawling on the floor besides my bed. This is probably the most vivid and weird non lucid dream i've ever had. Never had a LD before and maybe this is a sign that im getting closer?
Really want to hear your thoughts on this and if you've experienced something similar :D

taniaaust1

Re: Watching myself dreaming in a dream...

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Feb 2013 10:31

no.. ive never had a dream where ive watched myself dreaming. Funny that you were scared of your own image :lol:

I think anyone having false awakenings is getting close. All you have to do is get in the habit of doing reality checking every time you wake up so you realise what is going on next time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jeppx

Postby Jeppx » 28 Feb 2013 22:38

I hope so. I'm on dream nr 51 in my dream journal and I'm getting a bit frustrated.
I've started to think about my level of awarness in my daily life. I've noticed that I'm day dreaming A LOT. I always drift off to day dreams when I'm in school. Can that be a reason for me to not having lucid dreams? :? And is living in the present moment when you dont dream or think at all? How do I increase my level of consciousness/awerness? :D

Jeppx

Postby Jeppx » 28 Feb 2013 22:39

Sorry for giving lots of questions but I know you give really great answers! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Mar 2013 12:36

Jeppx wrote:I hope so. I'm on dream nr 51 in my dream journal and I'm getting a bit frustrated.
I've started to think about my level of awarness in my daily life. I've noticed that I'm day dreaming A LOT. I always drift off to day dreams when I'm in school. Can that be a reason for me to not having lucid dreams? :? And is living in the present moment when you dont dream or think at all? How do I increase my level of consciousness/awerness? :D

If you are a bit of a day dreamer (and remember your daydreams), I'd think that would actually make LDing easier for you seeing you mentally drift into the subconscious state easily.

In daily life.. just do reality checks or just start paying more attention in real life what is about you.. focused attention and after a time that should then start coming into your dreams and you hopefully will notice you are dreaming. You may want to wear an watch that does a beep every hour to remind you to spend a few minutes paying a lot of attention to your surroundings
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 19 Mar 2013 05:26

Jeppx wrote:Sorry for giving lots of questions but I know you give really great answers! :D

This discussion is getting hot.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”