Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Wrbs2000

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Wrbs2000 » 18 Feb 2013 02:07

I have recently heard about lucid dreaming. I searched it and found this site and I read about both techniques, MILD and WILD. I tried to do WILD last night but couldn't do it because I was scared of the sleep paralysis. I was explaining sleep paralysis to my mom and she said I shouldn't do WILD ever because she thinks I might get stuck in sleep paralysis. Can I get stuck in it? Also, is there a way to make sure that I don't see frightful things? Thanks for the help...!

P.S. I'm 13.

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 18 Feb 2013 14:17

Wrbs2000 wrote:I have recently heard about lucid dreaming. I searched it and found this site and I read about both techniques, MILD and WILD. I tried to do WILD last night but couldn't do it because I was scared of the sleep paralysis. I was explaining sleep paralysis to my mom and she said I shouldn't do WILD ever because she thinks I might get stuck in sleep paralysis. Can I get stuck in it? Also, is there a way to make sure that I don't see frightful things? Thanks for the help...!

P.S. I'm 13.

First of all, have you ever experienced sleep paralysis? If not, its pretty unlikely to have that. 2nd, you can get stuck in sleep paralysis, for like, 30 seconds max from what i know. Its pretty short. I doubt a WILD would specifically cause it too. If you do experience sleep paralysis, it happens at random, and as i said, a WILD is not guilty. WILD is hard though unless you've had a tiring week. It was my first lucid dream type :) so dont expect immediate results.
Rebecca said that the best thing to do in a sleep paralysis with scary things, is to just stay calm.(I know, sounds hard but try). You can't prevent it from happening but you can make it less frightening and shorter if you don't panic.

P.S. I'm 13 too.

Sander

Postby Sander » 18 Feb 2013 20:28

Wrbs2000 wrote:I have recently heard about lucid dreaming. I searched it and found this site and I read about both techniques, MILD and WILD. I tried to do WILD last night but couldn't do it because I was scared of the sleep paralysis. I was explaining sleep paralysis to my mom and she said I shouldn't do WILD ever because she thinks I might get stuck in sleep paralysis. Can I get stuck in it? Also, is there a way to make sure that I don't see frightful things? Thanks for the help...!

P.S. I'm 13.

You shouldn't try to LD with WILD if you just learned about LD's... you will get very low succes rates and get demotivated and stop trying eventually. Read the LD blog rebecca wrote and take it 1 step at a time. DO NOT skip the dream journal part. It is vital to your LD endeavour. My best friend learned to LD by only writing a dream journal and analyzing his dreams. He never even knew LD's existed until it suddenly happened to him. I was doing frequent reality checks, trying MILDs from time to time and was meditating for a month and a half when i had my first LD so there's really no need to rush. If you consistently do the dailey requirements for LD's (reality checks, meditation, trying out different techniques almost every night, ...), you'll get there eventually. just do try too hard.

Simply put: make LD an important part of your life and commit to it.

I can tell you from my own experience that this is neccessary, as i stopped doing these things because i got a little demotivated. Over time, my dream recall plummeted and my so did my chances of ever having a LD again. My first and only LD was 30/8/2012... I don't mean to demotivate you, but if you're here because you just think that it would be cool to LD but you want super fast results, than you'll find nothing at the end of your efforts.

I recently picked up my dailey tasks again because i have renewed motivation :) but i still feel i'm not doing enough and i'm still having trouble committing. We can keep in touch here to keep each other motivated. :)
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Feb 2013 14:04

If someone goes into trying to LD while thinking it is hard, they will probably find it then hard as you have sent the message to your subconsciousness that you think its going to be hard to do. Going into this thinking that its going to be hard.. may cause a huge block which many put onto themselves with this stuff.

As far as what technique is easier then another.. we are all different and some may find WILD harder to do then becoming lucid in a dream, while others will find it the other way around and WILD easier (I find WILD far easier and cant currently even wake up in my dreams any more so easier to just enter them consciously).

LD is probably easier too for children then adults.

Sleep paralyses, I dont think is uncommon and even those not trying this stuff can occassionally have experiences with it. If you understand what it is thou, it shouldnt be scary... and its just a matter of waiting for it to pass, just knowing that you will soon come out of it. (One can also try to wiggle a finger or toe until the paralyses breaks).

Having halluncinations while in the sleep paralyses state.. now that can be scary. You just need to keep telling yourself that they just arent real!! and realise that its just what your subconsciousness is creating. If you have fears you may need to work on those as fears can affect things like WILD.

Have fun with all the dream stuff so you dont feel discouraged if things are taking a little time to achieve (I love to study my own dream symbolics and get messages from that). If you are doing a technique which is boring to you or not keeping you motivated.. try another.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Sander

Postby Sander » 20 Feb 2013 11:19

had a dream about LD's tonight ^^ i'm going in the right direction :D

i dreamt that my brother and i discovered some kind of candy that made you have LD's. When i wass about to cross over into a dream in a dream (some inception shizzle right here!!) my dream bro woke me up for some unknown reason. Things were a little buzzy and all sound was muffled. I think i realized something was off, but i didn't become lucid. It lasted only for a few seconds before i woke up entirely.
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 01 Mar 2013 01:20

I think i might have come up with a new technique........It involves some sleep deprivation.......What you do is sleep like 2 hours one night and sleep a full 8-9 hours or whatever, setting your alarm to go off in 5 hours then trying for a Wake Induced Lucid Dream from a tired state.........I wont be doing this more than a few times a month.......I can see how this might work..

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Mar 2013 12:21

artavis durden wrote:I think i might have come up with a new technique........It involves some sleep deprivation.......What you do is sleep like 2 hours one night and sleep a full 8-9 hours or whatever, setting your alarm to go off in 5 hours then trying for a Wake Induced Lucid Dream from a tired state.........I wont be doing this more than a few times a month.......I can see how this might work..

Sleep deprivation gives me spontanous OBEs but in my case I need to be sleep deprived for 2-3 days with no sleep at all and also exercising hard too. Exhaustion then makes me hard to stay in my body. (I strongly suggest no one young to be doing that, there are far healthier ways to be doing this stuff).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

artavis durden

Postby artavis durden » 01 Mar 2013 13:54

taniaaust1 wrote:
artavis durden wrote:I think i might have come up with a new technique........It involves some sleep deprivation.......What you do is sleep like 2 hours one night and sleep a full 8-9 hours or whatever, setting your alarm to go off in 5 hours then trying for a Wake Induced Lucid Dream from a tired state.........I wont be doing this more than a few times a month.......I can see how this might work..

Sleep deprivation gives me spontanous OBEs but in my case I need to be sleep deprived for 2-3 days with no sleep at all and also exercising hard too. Exhaustion then makes me hard to stay in my body. (I strongly suggest no one young to be doing that, there are far healthier ways to be doing this stuff).

Im not talking about all out not sleeping for one whole night, im talking about sleeping 2 hours one night and sleep a full night the next......i cant go on for more than one whole night( Ive tried while i was @ University)

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 03 Mar 2013 08:55

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3415
Do a reality check

parinaz-t

Postby parinaz-t » 04 Mar 2013 12:13

hi!im actually asking this question on behalf of one of my friends!she has been a lucid dreamer for a long time without even knowing what exactly it is!but as i was talking to her the other day she said that she wasnt having any fun during LD!she said that just as she realizes that she is dreaming everything starts to seem fake to her!for example she is able to summen some one and talk to him!but she cant belive it and she thinks what he says is just her own thoughts!it is unbelivable for me,but she told me that she prefers not to get lucid anymore to enjoy her dreams but she cant stop it!
does anyone know what she is doing wrong??

Return to “For Beginners”