WILD technique

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Dark wolf

WILD technique

Postby Dark wolf » 27 Feb 2013 19:48

Hello fellow lucid dreamers.

I am always interessed in the WILD technique. I've done hours of research 2 weeks ago and decided it to do that night, i didnt even reached a complete relaxed status. I gave up after 40 minutes. Next day i tried it again with the idea in my head "I want to reach sleep paralyses and i am happy." And tried it, Still no relaxed status. I wasnt moving at all. i stopped with it for a few days and tried it 5 days ago again, And i reached a complete relaxed state. I felt i was floating but no hallucinations, no hypogenes, I was just thinking about tomorrow. suddenly i realised i had to dwell of in the darkness and i tried it. I had a few minor hallucinations where i had no possiblities to manipulate it. i gave up and tried to wake up but my body was already sleeping, Just not sleep paralyses! i was so pissed off!

2 days ago i tried it again and didnt reached the complete relaxed status again.

I have a few questions...

1. How do you have to interact with hallucinations?
2. how you feel you are in sleep paralyses?

When i am in sleep paralyses i will do the wild technique at 4:00 AM, Now i do it at 11:30 PM
Life is a gift, Not a right.

lucidinthe sky

Re: WILD technique

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Feb 2013 20:08

Don't recommend doing WILD before 5 hours of sleep. You're unlikely to succeed. Also, I don't think sleep paralysis is a good measure of progress for WILD. I rarely experience it (don't like it either) in my successful WILDs. The key is when you see the HI phase starting and that turns into the dream stage. Once HI starts just relax, but keep your awareness and go into the dream. Easier than it sounds of course, but you may not experience sleep paralysis.

The general rule for me is that the longer I've slept the easier it is to WILD, but after 7 or 8 hours the dreams start getting a lot less vivid for me and aren't worth trying to become lucid at that point.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Mar 2013 12:08

If your mind is having trouble letting go and drifting a little (it only has to drift for an instant to enter a LD), try it when slightly more tired.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 01 Mar 2013 16:54

I tried it yesterday and i was extremly tired. I was trying to do it .. but i just felt in sleep after 1 min and had sweet dreams =(

LucidAcademy

Postby LucidAcademy » 01 Mar 2013 20:33

You are calibrating. You must find the balance between your sleepiness and wakefulness. In time you will find the perfect balance and your process will be much simpler.

When you start to see colors, and images, allow them to come. Be the witness of what is happening. Soon the images will turn into scenes and you will be in a dream. Allow your awareness to ride on the images and slip into the dream.
Get exclusive access to the breakthrough new animated video training course on lucid dreaming. Grab one of the last spots while they are still available → http://LucidAcademy.com/ecourse/lucid-dreaming-mastery

Dark wolf

Postby Dark wolf » 01 Mar 2013 21:41

Okay, How do i accept those colors ?? When i see them i start to get excited and it dissapears.

Return to “For Beginners”