Am I doing it right?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
DreamChaser

Am I doing it right?

Postby DreamChaser » 02 Mar 2013 01:06

I've never experienced a lucid dream, so I don't know how it feels like. Last night I was laying in bed, completely relaxed and constantly, I would repeat over and over in my head "I will lucid dream tonight" or "I will control my own dreams" and at the same time, replaying the dream I had last night in my head, replaying the scene in great detail.

Eventually My mind sort of went blank, but I could think. My head started buzzing and I felt like I was sort of out of my body. My breathing suddenly increased and my heart started to beat really fast (REALLY fast)
I thought that that must have been it, and that it was working but I couldn't do anything. I just felt like I was semi-lying down in a black void while I could "hear" my heart pounding in my head. I then awoke because to be honest, it felt horrible at that time.

When I awoke I tried it again a couple of times but I didn't get the same experience as I had the first time. Was I doing it right? Was I about to start lucid dreaming if I had stayed asleep in that moment?
Just want to know if I'm on the right track

Also, when you are apparently lucid dreaming, do you "open" your eyes and see your room or do you feel like your eyes are still closed?
Reality Check time!

taniaaust1

Re: Am I doing it right?

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Mar 2013 11:46

When I go into LD . no one doesnt usually have to open up your eyes with LD.

When I OBE thou, at times yes i do need to open my eyes to see (that may not be the case with everyone as you dont have to be using astral eyes to be able to see but when Im astral, it is a lot like being physical thou as my waking brain is really in the way of things). Maybe next time "think" about opening your eyes but dont do that unless you feel like you are elsewhere.

If your heart is pounding fast, you may need to work on your relaxation of your mind more for LDing. You sound like you werent relaxed enough and hence why you felt horrid. (relaxation of both the body and the mind is needed). If you stayed in the black void and relaxed, your mind would of ended up creating images and possible LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

DreamChaser

Postby DreamChaser » 02 Mar 2013 12:47

I'll have another go at it tonight, and hopefully I will be able to calm my mind a bit.
With the eyes opening, I'm just worried that I might physically open my eyes and awaken. Oh well, bit of practice and I'll hopefully be able to LD
Thanks C:
Reality Check time!

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 04:45

DreamChaser wrote:I'll have another go at it tonight, and hopefully I will be able to calm my mind a bit.
With the eyes opening, I'm just worried that I might physically open my eyes and awaken. Oh well, bit of practice and I'll hopefully be able to LD
Thanks C:

Yes it is a matter of practice. You may screw up a few times and accidently open physical eyes if you havent judged yourself to be in the right state to open eyes or not.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”