My first lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Stormbringer

My first lucid dream

Postby Stormbringer » 02 Mar 2013 08:54

Here's the first lucid dream I recall having, from 14th February 2012:

I'd been travelling a great distance, on foot, along a beautiful precipice (ferns, forest, rocks, valley below - a place I often dream of but don't know in my waking life). I was with my teenage children. I'd enjoyed the journey and we'd arrived at a pub, standing alone in a grassy clearing, in a valley surrounded by wilderness. We'd ordered drinks. Te pub had a fireplace and sitting in front of it was an old, familiar acquaintance I instantly recognised (I don't know him in my waking-life). We fell in love rapidly based on a long-standing & affectionate acquaintance in other times/lives. I became aware I was dreaming but realised the meeting could affect my waking life. I thought about the fact I was happily married (in my waking life). I decided to be 100% loyal to my husband. Mathew and I discussed this and I reluctantly persuaded him we could only be platonic friends for now. He was upset and hurt; I decided we'd return home immediately rather than stay and risk changing my mind.

We left the pub. I saw an open cart containing people and animals who I knew were all performers in transition between dreams (shaven heads, oiled skin, tattoos in exotic designs). There were two lions on the cart. As they went through the gate onto the precipice path I wondered what would happen if the lions escaped.... they instantly shed their chains and slunk towards me. I realised my thoughts/imagination were shaping my experience within the dream. I knew I wouldn't be harmed. I telepathically persuaded the lions into the nearby orchard. However, I knew I couldn't maintain my attention on them indefinitely, so I sent my children back to the pub to let Mathew know there were two lions nearby. Meanwhile, I attracted the attention of the cart drivers to tell them the lions had escaped....

I was delighted with my new-found abilities. Everything looked great; super vivid colours, rich scent of the forest, delicious breeze moving my hair, apple-blossom falling from the orchard trees. It was all incredibly gorgeous.

I found myself once more standing in the pub, facing Mathew and my children. I thought about my future. I stood, rapidly picturing my husband. He instantly walked through the pub door, offering to take us all home. Mathew and I parted and my husband, the children and I set off on our return journey.

Since then, I have had several lucid dreams involving wild cats... They seem to trigger lucidity, for me.
Our imagination is our best source.

taniaaust1

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Mar 2013 12:07

As they went through the gate onto the precipice path I wondered what would happen if the lions escaped.... they instantly shed their chains and slunk towards me. I realised my thoughts/imagination were shaping my experience within the dream. I knew I wouldn't be harmed. I telepathically persuaded the lions into the nearby orchard. However, I knew I couldn't maintain my attention on them indefinitely, so I sent my children back to the pub to let Mathew know there were two lions nearby. Meanwhile, I attracted the attention of the cart drivers to tell them the lions had escaped....

With the lions. Once you sent them into the orchard, you could of choosen just to not think of them leaving it or just chose not to think of them from there. What Im trying to say is that you dont need to be thinking of them the whole time to keep them where you sent them too.

Cool LD .. and yeah watch what you think in them :D
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”