Realizing you are dreaming

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
rothgar

Realizing you are dreaming

Postby rothgar » 02 Mar 2013 19:24

Last night I had an LD, and am now realizing an interesting phenomenon and wonder if others experience it. It starts to dawn on me that I might be dreaming. I look at the scene before me and a section of it darkens slightly and contracts slightly, then goes back to normal. I know it is a dream then...no RC required. Anyone have visual clues like that?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Dark wolf

Re: Realizing you are dreaming

Postby Dark wolf » 02 Mar 2013 20:27

yep. all my lucid dreams so far (3)
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Mar 2013 01:51

I havent noticed that except when Im right at the beggining of a LD from WILD thou not exactly as you described..more like dream isnt formed properly yet...shadowy.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 01:15

rothgar wrote:It starts to dawn on me that I might be dreaming. I look at the scene before me and a section of it darkens slightly and contracts slightly, then goes back to normal. I know it is a dream then...no RC required.

That WAS your reality check. You had an idea it was a dream, then that happened which made you realize for sure that it was a dream. Reality checks don't have to be any of those cliche ones and everybody has their own favorite and tried and tested ones that work for them. It can be something as simple as what you did that takes only a second or two. It may have happened without you willing it, but the end result was the same as checking the reality of the dream.

I've been getting semi-lucid dreams lately because I fail to take a moment to fully realize it with a reality check of my own. I already know it is not real and a dream, but without taking a moment to fully realize it, I end up following along with the dream without taking full control. Sometimes reality checks don't start the lucid dream, you already know before that, but it reconfirms it and makes you snap out of the dream stooper and awaken with full lucidity in the dream.

However that happens it happens and it can take only a split second sometimes and other times I need a lot of convincing before I realize it is a dream. But no matter what there is always a trigger that changes our focus from dream stooper to lucid dream, and without it I get caught in the middle in a semi-lucid state.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

carohunter

Postby carohunter » 06 Mar 2013 01:47

rothgar wrote:Last night I had an LD, and am now realizing an interesting phenomenon and wonder if others experience it. It starts to dawn on me that I might be dreaming. I look at the scene before me and a section of it darkens slightly and contracts slightly, then goes back to normal. I know it is a dream then...no RC required. Anyone have visual clues like that?

James

Postby James » 07 Mar 2013 23:39

All a reality check does is check if your scenery is, well, real. Like Hagart said, you questioned the dream, and you automatically checked to see if it was real or not by testing if you could change, in this case, the darkness of the scene.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

rothgar

Postby rothgar » 08 Mar 2013 00:59

That all makes sense... I think you are right...i used to RC but guess my mind came up with a quicker method.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”