How do you fly in lucid dreams?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
WildDudePerson

How do you fly in lucid dreams?

Postby WildDudePerson » 01 Mar 2013 22:37

I'm quite new to lucid dreaming, I've been having them more regularly in the last week. Since flying is one of the most common things to do in a lucid dream, how do you do it? By this, I mean do you fly like superman, float around, run in the air, or any other methods. My personal favourite (The only one I seem to be able to do) is to run in the air.

Dark wolf

Re: How do you fly in lucid dreams?

Postby Dark wolf » 02 Mar 2013 20:25

the only thing i can is jumping with moon gravity.
Life is a gift, Not a right.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Mar 2013 01:30

my normal waking mind has a tendancy to get in the way. So ive taken up flying while sitting on a chair I make fly. Maybe I should change that to a flying carpet :D

When Im OBE thou.. I tend to often just float above the ground if Im moving along (or walk) thou I dont have any fears either then of floating out in space or moving throu the air.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WildDudePerson

Postby WildDudePerson » 03 Mar 2013 20:29

Thanks for the replies! I'll have to try the chair one, sounds fun! :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 03 Mar 2013 22:07

My first memories of flying was not REALLY flying... more like how the Incredible Hulk jumps really high and far. Eventually, as time passed, I started flapping my arms like a bird in order to fly. Now-a-days, I just take off like Superman. It's been a slow, gradual learning for me over the many years.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Peter

Postby Peter » 04 Mar 2013 08:15

Running, jumping, leaping, floating and then superman style. Now I am so impatient that I just will myself to go somewhere and keep pushing up the speed till I melt and just feel the rush
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 04 Mar 2013 09:19

Ryan wrote:My first memories of flying was not REALLY flying... more like how the Incredible Hulk jumps really high and far. Eventually, as time passed, I started flapping my arms like a bird in order to fly. Now-a-days, I just take off like Superman. It's been a slow, gradual learning for me over the many years.

Even my first was quite like the incredible hulk. I was just moving in the air with high speed, I was just moving forwards , then sometimes a sudden sensation of falling, but overall it was very fun.
Do a reality check

tea

Postby tea » 04 Mar 2013 09:43

as a little child i've had several lucid- and/or flying dreams. even if you're not lucid, flying can be hard to acomplish.. so you can trick yourself to get there. here is an example:

there is one flying-dream i remember very clearly (i'll write this in the present-tense, just like i'd do in a dream-journal, for better imagination). i had this dream when i was about eight years old i think:

i am outside at a playground in our neighbourhood. winter has gone and as spring starts to show it's first signs, there still are some left over spots of snow here and there.
in my hand i've got a plastic bag (you know, one of those cheap, almost weightless plastic bags you get in stores for fruit and stuff). so i go to one of those snow spots take some of that snow (it's not fluffy anymore, but hard and frozen) and put it into my bag. just a handful. then i grab the bottom of the bag and turn it upside down. logically the snow has to fall out but at this point suddenly the snow starts floating up, pulling me and my bag into the air! awesome!
i hold on tightly and my flying-device takes me all around my hood.
then i think about a friend's place and how i wish to go there, so my bag changes direction and i gently float all the way to his home.

the dream continues but i'll stop here because i guess you got the point: i managed to fly, by finding something that could and held on to it. maybe snow is not the best idea since it usually can't fly but i think if you made up some object that CAN fly, it will be easier for you to do the same as i did. like, i don't know, some mini-robot-fly you put into your pocket or probably even better: magic gloves or an ironman suit!

an other idea is to find a control panel an just turn down the gravity. i guess that could work too for a start (i've never done that but i will! :D)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 04 Mar 2013 19:59

For me I love jumping of any high place, looking down, no hesitation, arms outstretched and jump. Read about the kids jumping,if they can do why not you. :)

I am standing at a huge crater jump into it and fly across and land next to 5 kids between 4 to 12 years. The ask if the could also fly, I say yes if you are sure you can you will fly, just be absolutely sure, I don’t want you to land in the bottom. I fly back over the crater, and on my side and behind 5 kids follow me, what a sight. The little one is flying ,but is getting low, no problem two of the elder kids fly down and make sure the little one is OK, and all three fly up to us. We land on the street next to houses and the parents, who are very proud of their flying kids. So am I.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 03:04

I still don't know why people want to fly so much. There is so much more you can do with your 'feet' firmly planted on the 'ground'. (I put it in quotations because in a lucid dream when you truly think about it, there is no up or down or gravity. It's all in you head.) And without flying, lucid dreams are remarkable nonetheless.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “For Beginners”