What the hell was this OBE, astral projection?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Inception

What the hell was this OBE, astral projection?

Postby Inception » 03 Mar 2013 20:12

Hey guys I was listening to a astral projection guided meditation on youtube for like the 3rd night and as usual I just fell asleep but I managed to wake nicely early in the ambrosial hours of the early morning and got up had shower and started doing my meditation, got tired so laid in bed but carried on listening to my meditation mantra and fell asleep then this weird experience happened it felt soooo real not like a dream but of course I was physically asleep out of now where this bright white light at a distance appeared the light was huge and it was sort of liked I was being sucked towards it, this did not feel like a dream I got scared and for a split second it stopped and it was black but then again it started happening and I got really scared and do not remember fully coming in contact with the light but next thing I remember was what felt like I had awoken from my bed still being scared looked backwards toward the window behind my bed and it was snowing outside and the atmosphere had a bluish tint. At this point I thought something is not right and was instantly back in my body and awoke for real. This is the first time this has happened and even after waking I felt strange this was not like a dream the awareness was far too much and vivid to be a 'sleepy dream'.

What was this experience I did not try doing this again after this incident but I am really excited should I try this setup again and report back?

torakrubik

Re: What the hell was this OBE, astral projection?

Postby torakrubik » 03 Mar 2013 22:23

This sounds to me like a false awakening: These are very hard to distinguish from waking reality due to their vividness. I also do not know of a method of purposefully inducing false awakenings.
Dreaming is my drug

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 04 Mar 2013 05:23

torakrubik wrote:This sounds to me like a false awakening: These are very hard to distinguish from waking reality due to their vividness. I also do not know of a method of purposefully inducing false awakenings.

You are right the false waking due to their vividness is very hard.
www.meryem.com

Inception

Postby Inception » 04 Mar 2013 19:19

I forgot to mention that before the white light and tunnel I was in a some what LD of being with a holy congregation of people in some mountain region maybe in India there was quite a few westerners present wearing traditional holy clothes. The dream idea / message was not super clear seemed like I was just there but it felt very real being there and tranquil.

Then the white light appeared out of now where and let me tell in detail the experience I thought it was NDE (near death) because I could feel my breathing very shallow and slow and it was tunnel me being pulled towards the light that is why I got scared it felt like I was dying.... That is why I got scared initially and managed to make it stop for split second but then it came back and the so called false awakening happened. Very strange but amazing experience.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 05 Mar 2013 04:12

torakrubik wrote:This sounds to me like a false awakening: These are very hard to distinguish from waking reality due to their vividness. I also do not know of a method of purposefully inducing false awakenings.

@Inception
Maybe it was not a false awakening, it could have been an astral projection, through what you describe, the light at the end of tunnel, that light was very bright and blinding, right? This happens in the advance stages of meditation or Astral projection, you must have felt like going through that tunnel(as you describe it) with really high speed.
One more thing, after you really woke up, was it really snowing outside because in an astral projection, you are really out and see things that is really happening otherwise it was just a false awakening.
But still you are on advanced stages( seeing the light and going through that tunnel).
And there is nothing to be afraid of, but still follow the right procedures from wherever you are learning it.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Mar 2013 01:11

Hard to say what it was. It "may" of been an OBE??.. but you did have a false awakening :) .. means you are very close to being lucid whether its via OBE or LD. What mantra were you using?

with a holy congregation of people in some mountain region maybe in India there was quite a few westerners present wearing traditional holy clothes. The dream idea / message was not super clear seemed like I was just there but it felt very real being there and tranquil.

Your subconciousnesses.. may of been trying to seek out a teacher for you. One can access powerful teachers thou OBEs. People who may or may not be actually physically incarnated right now. (lots of yogis out that way).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Paranormal Activity”