Personalized RC

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Hunts4dinos

Personalized RC

Postby Hunts4dinos » 05 Mar 2013 01:30

What are some good reality checks beside pushing your fingers through something. Many of my dreams include: my school, apocalypses, roller coasters, downhill skiing/biking/wagon-riding, and my pet snake Sylvester. Something more personalized would be great!

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

HAGART

Re: Personalized RC

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 01:45

Are you talking about reality checks or a dream sign?

I think you mean dream signs that trigger you to first ask the question, "is this a dream", before you follow it up with a reality check.

On another note, I get school dreams, roller coaster, and skiing dreams too quite often just like you. I also get a lot of car dreams too, which are in the same category as wagon and bikes because we are on a vehicle of some kind and going somewhere. However, I still have a hard time using those to help trigger the question if it is a dream or not, but that is just me. I need to work on that.

But any reality check should be something you can do in any of those situations. That's why hands are always a good one because no matter where you are in the dream or what you are doing, one thing is always the same: you are there and so are your hands.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 05 Mar 2013 03:54

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3383

http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3390
Do a reality check

Hunts4dinos

Postby Hunts4dinos » 05 Mar 2013 04:11

Yeah, I know my dream signs. The problem with putting my fingers through my hand, is that it is too monotonous and doesn't really change in my dreams either.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image

Thyraize

Postby Thyraize » 05 Mar 2013 08:39

I usually check where the light is coming from, since I found a lot of my inside dreams don't have windows or lamps but they do have light. Haven't had any results yet, though, but I haven't been lucid either. Yet.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

R99

Postby R99 » 05 Mar 2013 14:57

a quick RC- wat r u doing?, what wer u doing?, wat r u going to do? easy to do and its most reliable according to me. i now use this method as RC. it is helping me. now am getting more LD with this RC. in a dream, these questions are hard to answer.
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 21:51

R99 wrote:a quick RC- wat r u doing?, what wer u doing?, wat r u going to do?

Yea, no matter which reality check you use, you should also ask these questions to yourself. When I get a lucid false awakening, it can feel so real though that these questions aren't reliable. I know I just woke up and where I am, but still need to do a reality check of the physics to realize it is a dream and not reality. And my most common RC is to make something move with my mind, but that doesn't always work, and even my hands can seem normal at times too.

I think, no matter which RC you use (and you should use several sometimes because they tend to fail), but no matter what, they should test the physics of the reality. Checking the light source is a good idea too. Dreams have light, but no light source. Anything that reality has and dreams don't is a good thing to check and if you are aware enough, also ask yourself the questions that R99 suggested.

And yet it is still a mystery to me why sometimes I just know without even needing to question it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 23:58

If you dream of being at school a lot you could try doing a reality check every time you find yourself doing a different lesson or changing class rooms (remember you will need to do this in RL too).

The questions the others said are good ones to ask yourself. Also you could try asking "Is there anything strange I can see here?". Then look around genuinely looking to see anything strange. (If you are dreaming this can help to create something strange to help trigger off dream awareness).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

WildCat23

Postby WildCat23 » 08 Mar 2013 03:19

I reality check whenever I feel something is out of place.
"I wandered home though the silent streets
And fell into a fitful sleep
Escape to realms beyond the night
Dream can't you show me the light? "
~2112

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 08 Mar 2013 05:40

She is having mixture of things in the dream and all these things related with school.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”