Few Questions For Clarification!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Harben

Few Questions For Clarification!

Postby Harben » 03 Mar 2013 04:07

Had a few lucid dreams today, three to be exact. I've been up for the last few days till 5am and then waking up 5-6 hours later and then repeating, so I've been very exhausted. Today, when I decided to take a nap, I fell asleep, then I woke up but fell back into it really hard, and next thing I know I was holding onto a satellite high above the earth.

I could feel the metal in my hands, the fear for my life, then I heard aliens talking, like I mean the cliche, sample clip alien speak. Thought I was experiencing some kind of sleep paralysis (I was worried I would if I didn't wake up) and I could feel my sleeping body move in the LD but felt myself just being scared and I slowly was able to wake up out of it. Is that normal when forcing yourself to wake up?

Second question, when I would lucid dream the second time, I was calm, I took deep breathes, but when I would begin to walk, I would feel myself being pulled away out of the dream, as I was waking up, I could feel like my soul was being taken from my body. What's a good way of preventing this, I worked on containing my excitement during the first time and the third time.

The third time I snapped into my self walking through an unknown hallway to a room with a person that called me their "perfect boyfriend", I went to high school with this girl but never gave her a thought at all before (This made it weird and in my lucid state gave her a WTF face, which I thought was pretty funny).

Questions:

1. When forcing yourself to wake up, is there a delayed reaction, like you feel like you're struggling, and find it almost impossible to wake up, but then you do?

2. How can you prevent getting brought out of your lucid dream? (I tried rubbing the wall, don't know why I thought that would work but it was funny.)

3. Is it possible to only feel the sensations of actually LD and not be able to control what happens? I've had a few sexual dreams that felt amazing as if I were actually there but I wasn't controlling anything.

Napping when I am lacking a large amount of sleep appears to be the only time I can LD, even then it's unintentional.

R99

Re: Few Questions For Clarification!

Postby R99 » 03 Mar 2013 07:44

it is possible to wake up from a LD with as u say delayed reaction. in on LD i decide to wake up from a LD resulted in another LD in my bead, and the funny part is done a quick note in my dream journal, but i realize it was another LD. i wake myself again , to get back in real world.

if u feeling loosing ur visuals or getting fuzzy try rubbibg ur hand the sensation defiantly make it perfect. even if u loose the visual with this method, and all got black, try not to wake up, lat there for another few seconds it trigger possible another vivid dream scene.

it is possible to have that kind of experience, some time u cannot make any control of ur action in LD. but it called an LD ONLY IF U know it is a dream. if u didnt recognize as its a dream, its just an ordinary dream.
i hope u got what u r looking for.
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 04:42

Sounds like you knew you were dreaming so these were lucid dreams.

I usually dont have any issue with waking myself up from a LD thou I know some do.

If you are in a LD it is possible to control what happens... thou you do need to have your waking conciousness in the dream functioning stronger then your subconsciousness (or your subconciousness will be in control rather then you). A LD is a mixture of those two things coming into play.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Mar 2013 22:33

Harben wrote:1. When forcing yourself to wake up, is there a delayed reaction, like you feel like you're struggling, and find it almost impossible to wake up, but then you do?
It can be hard to wake up sometimes and when you think you are, it is just a false awakening. A lot of my lucid dreams become false awakenings and just like R99 I write down my dream on paper only to realize later that it was a dream and I need to write it again!

Rubbing the wall does work. Anything you can do to fill your mind with sensations of that reality will help you stay there. Your mind always needs to process something and make it real, and if you give it something to process in the dream world that becomes your reality while you are there. Otherwise you may drift out and wake up... or find your self in a dream bed and in a false awakening.

You can have very vivid dreams with all the sensations, but not aware it is a dream. It's like you are 1% away from being lucid. And when I recall my dreams like that I think to myself, it might as well have been a lucid dream in all respects except for that one crucial aspect: I was not aware.

I find dreams and lucid dreams are not always one or the other definately, but more of a continuum on a scale from 1-10 and sometimes we are in the middle somewhere.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Postby R99 » 06 Mar 2013 15:44

Harben, u think rubbing ur hand against wall is funny. in one LD i was eating ice cream, then i realized its a dream and started to loose the visual. so i asked a DC to help me with it. i asked him to rub on my palm. and the funny part is he did. i ate all the ice cream i needed. :D and the one who helped to stay in that LD was a DC. its my first experience that a DC helped me to stay Lucid state. cool experience, cool as ICE CREAM. :lol: NOW THATS FUNNY.
I see the Truth now.

Return to “For Beginners”