I felt like I was soooo close last night...!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LCDAnthony

I felt like I was soooo close last night...!

Postby LCDAnthony » 04 Mar 2013 23:14

So last night, I went to bed with the intention of looking at my hands. (I don't but I do something else)
I remembered three dreams last night, all pretty vivid. In my second dream, I was in some weird house and this cloud came floating by in the shape of a head. It looked at my mom with a very evil stare. We then went outside into my Mom's car and she said, "She wears a really thick bra..." I sat there and looked at the girl and started to think 'What does she mean by that? What??' And we drove off with myself, very confused.

Do you think I was close? I don't know why what my 'Mom' said was so weird compared to the cloud in the shape of a head o_O

taniaaust1

Re: I felt like I was soooo close last night...!

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 04:06

sorry Im unsure what makes you feel like you were close in this dream.

confusion in a dream may just be symbolic to having some form of confusion in real life and many people have vivid dreams but vivid dreaming isnt the same as lucid dreaming.

You are getting close when you start questioning all the aspects in a dream and asking yourself "are I dreaming??" Even at that point it isnt always easy for a person to realise they are dreaming as reality checks can fail etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

the.hatter

Postby the.hatter » 05 Mar 2013 15:07

You may be close, but from my experience thus far weird dreams aren't a great predictor of success. Remembering vivid dreams though is a good step, make sure you journal them.

Making the leap from just experiencing weird dreams TO questioning the weird dreams (Am I dreaming? Which then triggers you to do a RC and you become lucid) is the big obstacle from what I can tell, and is what I'm struggling with as well.

As much as I can stand it, I'm practicing all-day awareness, and asking myself repeatedly during the day "Am I dreaming?", hoping that this will trickle into my dreams and I will achieve lucidity.

Good luck!

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 05 Mar 2013 21:59

LCDAnthony wrote: I sat there and looked at the girl and started to think 'What does she mean by that? What??' And we drove off with myself, very confused.

Do you think I was close? I don't know why what my 'Mom' said was so weird compared to the cloud in the shape of a head o_O

What a coincidence, I was close to a lucid dream the same day you posted this. I even set the same intention. xD
Anyways, it seems like you may have been close, since you questioned what was going on.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

LCDAnthony

Postby LCDAnthony » 05 Mar 2013 23:13

Guitar48300 wrote:
LCDAnthony wrote: I sat there and looked at the girl and started to think 'What does she mean by that? What??' And we drove off with myself, very confused.

What a coincidence, I was close to a lucid dream the same day you posted this. I even set the same intention. xD
Anyways, it seems like you may have been close, since you questioned what was going on.

I like that intention, it just stuck with me :D It's what my Mom said that made kind of question what she was meaning by that.. Haha

PrototypeTEGTA
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Mar 2013 14:07

Questioning the context or situations you are put in is a pretty good step in LD on its own. From my personal preference, I think that you were close to triggering a LD, but it doesn't only depend on how good you are at spotting weird stuff, but also to make sure you question them and then come to conclusive answers. Moreover, your sub-con often sets what's logical in a dream or not, and unlike when your Mom told you her sentence, you didn't question the weird cloud- you accepted it as being logical and that's an obstacle you have to get out of your way.
Do this when you are awake: If you seem to be in a place you've never been before, or with people that you've never met before, ask yourself how you got there, and whether anything of these makes sense. That will prime you for your dreams.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

Return to “For Beginners”