Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 22 Feb 2013 22:05

taniaaust1 wrote:
My ideal LD state would be just be able to shift to a LD or an OBE state at will, no break in consciousness (well that one part Ive got ok), any time, anywhere... no matter what one was doing at time. I'll keep working towards this, I know it can be done. I want full time dual consciousness. haha Im not asking for too much are I. I've got a lot of practicing I need to do!!


I think we have already full time dual consciousness, just usually not aware of it. In lucid dreams and OBEs we become aware.

That's quite an ambitious goal you set for yourself! That is pretty much the ultimate level though, being able to move back and forth at will, any time.

I'm still just trying to be able to do WILD that way and after a month of unsuccessful attempts, I made it in this morning! The hardest part for me is relaxing and letting the HI phase start. Once that happens, the rest is not nearly as difficult.

Sometimes it sort of feels to me like riding in a wave or something like that. Once you get into the right position on the wave, you let go and let it take you into the dream. Other times there's an image before my dream eyes and I simply make the decision to "enter" into it and then it becomes a 3 dimensional physical world. Have to say that's my absoloute favorite so far.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby taniaaust1 » 23 Feb 2013 02:32

lucidinthe sky wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:
My ideal LD state would be just be able to shift to a LD or an OBE state at will, no break in consciousness (well that one part Ive got ok), any time, anywhere... no matter what one was doing at time. I'll keep working towards this, I know it can be done. I want full time dual consciousness. haha Im not asking for too much are I. I've got a lot of practicing I need to do!!


I think we have already full time dual consciousness, just usually not aware of it. In lucid dreams and OBEs we become aware.

That's quite an ambitious goal you set for yourself! That is pretty much the ultimate level though, being able to move back and forth at will, any time.

I'm still just trying to be able to do WILD that way and after a month of unsuccessful attempts, I made it in this morning! The hardest part for me is relaxing and letting the HI phase start. Once that happens, the rest is not nearly as difficult.

Sometimes it sort of feels to me like riding in a wave or something like that. Once you get into the right position on the wave, you let go and let it take you into the dream. Other times there's an image before my dream eyes and I simply make the decision to "enter" into it and then it becomes a 3 dimensional physical world. Have to say that's my absoloute favorite so far.


congrats on the wild :) . yea the letting go to the needed amount we need to let go, I find difficult too.

Cause I dont get HIs much and usually just find myself in the LD so I havent yet managed to see and enter into an image yet .that sounds fun to be able to see and choose to enter (sight in my LDs is usually the last thing which comes in for me).

Im having a hard time with inconsistancy too.. I'll have a very good week with many LDs (and start to think that Ive finally really got the hang of it), then suddenly find myself falling asleep instead of having WILDs the week after. Ive had a bad past 4 days for this stuff. I dont understand why Im getting so much inconsistancy.. thou I have been more tired past few days so maybe that's it. (Unless its the moon affects my LDs or something else.. I know my health can affect them).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 23 Feb 2013 22:30

taniaaust1 wrote: congrats on the wild :) . yea the letting go to the needed amount we need to let go, I find difficult too.

Cause I dont get HIs much and usually just find myself in the LD so I havent yet managed to see and enter into an image yet .that sounds fun to be able to see and choose to enter (sight in my LDs is usually the last thing which comes in for me).


Thanks. The dream scenes where I can choose to enter have been few and far between. I think only 3 times so far. The rest are more like what you are describing. In those kind of WILDs, I "pop" into the dream scene with a momentary loss of awareness. If it's short enough, I can make it in. But I don't know how you can time things without HI. I would imagine that to be difficult. Finding that HI is often very short in the early A.M. hours when it's best to lucid dream. The best time for me to really experience HI is right after bed. The HI at that point is strong and trip-like if you can stay awake to experience it. That's the only time when I get the perfectly replicated sounds such as music, voices, glass breaking, you name it.

taniaaust1 wrote: Im having a hard time with inconsistancy too.. I'll have a very good week with many LDs (and start to think that Ive finally really got the hang of it), then suddenly find myself falling asleep instead of having WILDs the week after. Ive had a bad past 4 days for this stuff. I dont understand why Im getting so much inconsistancy.. thou I have been more tired past few days so maybe that's it. (Unless its the moon affects my LDs or something else.. I know my health can affect them).


Consistancy seems to be the big problem for everyone. Suddenly I am able to turn on the HI in the A.M. hours when it's best for lucid dreaming. Don't know why, but I am aware of the fact that it's me operating the controls. At this point, I just can't always get to whatever controls it
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby taniaaust1 » 24 Feb 2013 02:52

lucidinthe sky wrote: The rest are more like what you are describing. In those kind of WILDs, I "pop" into the dream scene with a momentary loss of awareness. If it's short enough, I can make it in. But I don't know how you can time things without HI. I would imagine that to be difficult.


You seem to be understanding my current issue well.. the differences in feel are so so subtle so its so hard to time when to let myself suddenly drift and then enter right into the LD. I hit what would be best described a what one has when awake and driving a car while tired.. like a micro nap. where ones head would nod for a brief faction of a second of lost awareness before one realises one is still driving a car. Then being startled by instead of the feel of the head drop down while driving, its rather the shock of suddenly being somewhere else which then throws one completely awake and aware again into 100% waking consciousnesses. (thou i dont know if I go into one of those micronap things all the time but maybe i do and arent aware of it as it happens so very fast.... happened and over before one is often really aware of it).

So that is what I say one needs to aim for.. like a micro nap.. a brief split second of time where you completely let go so you can just go into the LD. Knowing when you could get into a micro nap fast (to much let go dallying and you will fall asleep) is the key with how Im doing it at times.

This morning while trying to LD instead I spontanously ended up doing something else completely different to the LD stuff and with that learnt something completely new. Im thrilled right now as it's something I was taught about years ago by one of my psi teachers but with his method I could never master his technique (could hardly ever do it without his help). This morning I found a different way to achieve it :) so for the next two weeks Im going to be giving lucid dreaming a miss while I work on some other things. (I started to worry I was setting myself up for failure since my LD attempts havent been successful for the past 5 days.. Im not happy unless Im getting about a 50% success rate.. I'd gone to that to none at all.. i didnt want my subconscious to get into a pattern of not achieving so im happy to find something else to work with and then come back to the LD stuff when my subconciousness towards LDs is cooporating more with me again or Ive mastered the other thing Im going to work on for a while now.. it may end up helping me with LDs too but i dont know that as yet thou I know it helps astral projection).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Feb 2013 17:31

Was wondering where at what point in sleep time you are when you are most actively trying to LD.

I'm finding big difference depending on how much sleep. This morning for example, after around 7 1/2 hours of sleep I was going in and out of WILD fairly easily, but the dream quality was poor. The dreams were shallow with semi-transparent visuals but still had good touch sensation. Had 2 very short ones, but they easy to get into so it was good practice for entering the dreams, more like those visuals you can just go into. The problem was the quality and depth of the dreams. Anyway, would like to know more about this.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Mar 2013 00:15

lucidinthe sky wrote:Was wondering where at what point in sleep time you are when you are most actively trying to LD.

I'm finding big difference depending on how much sleep. This morning for example, after around 7 1/2 hours of sleep I was going in and out of WILD fairly easily, but the dream quality was poor. The dreams were shallow with semi-transparent visuals but still had good touch sensation. Had 2 very short ones, but they easy to get into so it was good practice for entering the dreams, more like those visuals you can just go into. The problem was the quality and depth of the dreams. Anyway, would like to know more about this.


I was doing my WILDs before I've had any sleep at all (and was having the 50% success rate of having a LD start up). I do agree that that is probably a harder time to do them. They are easier to do when one first wakes up in the morn but Im just not wanting to be laying in bed trying to WILD just after I woke up so currently I wouldnt find it fun to make myself stay laying there at that time. I thou find MUCH HARDER to stablize WILDs before having any sleep (an issue I dont usually have at all with staying in my LDs with other ways)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Apr 2013 16:42

I had my first sort-of successful experience trying WILD after very little sleep. I got further this time than any other. I found that HI stage is much more intense and difficult to manage. The hallucinations are really psychedelic and change so quickly, I just can't adjust that fast. At the same time it's very interesting to watch, but I haven't been able to get through it yet without waking up.

I was able to work on WILD entry this morning after quite a bit more sleep, almost the other end of the spectrum. I can just about create the dream from something like thought at that point (it's a hybrid of thought and intent), but the dreams created at that stage are not as deep. I did that this morning and imagined/intentioned a scene driving my car and I got out of the car with my son who was driving. As we were walking along I thought to myself, I can make this into a lucid dream now and put my hand on his shoulder as we walked. I got confused at some point and thought is this imagination, a lucid dream or am I just walking around with my son? It felt completely real and I was trying to come up with conversation, but then suddenly I just couldn't believe it was dream and had these thoughts What I am doing here? I need to get back to bed so I can keep working on having a lucid dream! and then woke up. That's crazy, don't know why I do things like that, but it gets really confusing about where you are and what you are doing, it's too damn real sometimes to figure where the heck I am.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2013 01:59

lucidinthe sky wrote: but then suddenly I just couldn't believe it was dream and had these thoughts What I am doing here? I need to get back to bed so I can keep working on having a lucid dream! and then woke up. That's crazy, don't know why I do things like that, but it gets really confusing about where you are and what you are doing, it's too damn real sometimes to figure where the heck I am.


You are getting confused as you have less of your waking mind engaged in the experience then you are thinking you have at the time...hence then get confused what is going on as you arent thinking straight. (there are pros and cons in that.. it means its easier to stay in the dream as your subconsciousness is affecting you more but at same time it makes it harder to stay aware what is real and what isnt, what reality you are in. It can make you think the dream is real.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Apr 2013 06:20

taniaaust1 wrote:
lucidinthe sky wrote: but then suddenly I just couldn't believe it was dream and had these thoughts What I am doing here? I need to get back to bed so I can keep working on having a lucid dream! and then woke up. That's crazy, don't know why I do things like that, but it gets really confusing about where you are and what you are doing, it's too damn real sometimes to figure where the heck I am.


You are getting confused as you have less of your waking mind engaged in the experience then you are thinking you have at the time...hence then get confused what is going on as you arent thinking straight. (there are pros and cons in that.. it means its easier to stay in the dream as your subconsciousness is affecting you more but at same time it makes it harder to stay aware what is real and what isnt, what reality you are in. It can make you think the dream is real.


Sounds basically correct. It's that in-between state of thinking/imagining/dreaming where things can kind of go back and forth and you get confused. Sometimes I can't figure out what is real and what isn't and just reject the experience entirely. Even sometimes I know it's a dream, I just can't accept it for some reason. I keep thinking I just need better mental preparation.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

User avatar
lucidinthe sky
Posts: 1135
Joined: 10 Dec 2011 22:37
Location: Sacramento, California

Re: Experiments with managing WILD entry point

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Nov 2013 01:58

Wanted to revisit WILD entry point discussion again in light of some recent successes.

What I've learned lately is that a "flatter" more extended time line of the pre-entry WILD allows for much easier entry. You can play around in the HI state and kind of ride the visuals right in when they start to form up.

So far, this elongation has only occurred for me late into the sleep session, after around 6-7 hours of sleep. Normally would not have very much depth to the dreams at that point, but when there has been a lack of sleep the previous night or nights, it works the best. Entry is much easier and the dreams are deep enough to be good lucid dreams.

I'm going to work on observing more details on this, now that I know how to recognize the state that provides the easiest WILD entry. I'll post them here if I learn more.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests