Do your DCs know you?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Do your DCs know you?

Postby taniaaust1 » 14 Feb 2013 09:22

Someone asked me this question "Do your DCs know you?" and I thought it was a very interesting one.

I had two LDs very recently in which DCs called me by a completely different name to my own (Im getting called Josphine when my real life name is Tania).. I had no awareness thou with my normal waking mind who they were or anything about them.

This has made me wonder if there was dreaming going on with these DCs, even before I entered the LD (which had been entered from a fully awaken state and straight into LD with full waking consciousness). So if this dream was going on before I even entered it.. it could only mean it would then be having to be going on previously when I was fully awake. (I actually do currently think we are all dreaming 24hrs a day even when awake as our subconciousness never stops).

I usually ignore completely my DCs as Im so sick of being ignored by them when I go to speak to them. I dont like to waste much time on them when I have far better things to do in my LDs but now its got my interest as Im wondering if the DCs believe they know me? (and maybe that is part of why they are choosing to ignore me??). I dont believe they are real but its would be interesting to know more about what those parts of myself think about me.

Anyway.. do your DCs know you?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamworld777
Posts: 88
Joined: 06 Feb 2013 16:36

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Feb 2013 17:27

I only wish I had an answer for this question....I am only able to carry out a conversation with dream characters in non-lucid dreams,which drives me absolutely insane because of course,these non-lucid dreams aren't controlled or pondered...they just happen.I have only had 2 lucid dreams as of yet and each time I became too excited and woke up in about 10 seconds :cry:
But I am constantly working at it....hopeful...lol.
I hope someone out there can answer your question...I have seen some posts on here where people have said that they have asked their DC's if they know them and the DC's respond with a clear "yes" but that's as far as I have seen that conversation able to go....I would love to have a lucid dream where I am able to converse with a DC and see what they have to say but right now it seems to be a waiting game for me....so I wait!
Good luck and I am as eager as you are to hear any responses that you get,I'll be checking back to this thread to see what comes up.....

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby torakrubik » 14 Feb 2013 22:29

I think that the dreamworld is always there...however that hypothesis brings up some interesting questions. Who takes your place when you're not actively in the dream? A mindless zombie version of yourself? Perhaps the DCs are clones of real people who are awake at the time you're dreaming, and you're merely interacting with their standby personalities? So maybe we have a physical body in the real world and a dream body in the dreamworld (This is my personal view)

Or maybe you physically leave the dreamworld altogether...I'm sure this thread will provoke interesting discussion on this.
Dreaming is my drug

dreamworld777
Posts: 88
Joined: 06 Feb 2013 16:36

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby dreamworld777 » 15 Feb 2013 00:00

torakrubik wrote:I think that the dreamworld is always there...however that hypothesis brings up some interesting questions. Who takes your place when you're not actively in the dream? A mindless zombie version of yourself? Perhaps the DCs are clones of real people who are awake at the time you're dreaming, and you're merely interacting with their standby personalities? So maybe we have a physical body in the real world and a dream body in the dreamworld (This is my personal view)

Or maybe you physically leave the dreamworld altogether...I'm sure this thread will provoke interesting discussion on this.



Your point is very interesting and I also view the dreamworld in a similar way.I had a conversation the other day where I was trying to explain dreams in the same way as you did above.I was saying something like this....
Imagine if our dreamworld is actually the spirit world and all these dream characters are all spirits...perhaps when we dream,we enter the spiritual world.Considering that people are able to see friends,family and pets that have passed away,and even people that we never knew that are no longer here,perhaps these are all the unfamiliar faces that we see in our dreams...the reason that people say that although it is someone they never knew in real life,they felt an amazing connection to them in their dreams that they can't explain...possibly because we are all connected spiritually and when we dream,we dream through our spirit body,so we relate to these strangers in our dreams in a purely spiritual sense,different from reality where we relate more physically.

Also,if people have out of body experiences where they see and feel their spirit leave their body,and it's their spirit body that enters the dreamworld,then dreaming is completely spiritual...so would this not mean that we all have a physical body that responds on a physical level and a spirit body that responds on a spiritual level and it seems that the only way we can experience the spiritual side is during dreams...and if our dreams are controlled by our subconscious,is it possible that our subconscious is our actual spirit?
Our physical body is our temple where our spirit resides..but it is our physical body and everything that goes along with this reality that causes us to break our spirit and move farther from the spiritual world.
So,my pondering this view made me wonder,concerning dream characters,if the reason why they respond the way that they do is because they are spirits and free from the chains of the physical body...so when we tell them that they are dreaming,they sometimes say that this is not a dream,it's real...because they are alive in the spiritual world,while our spirits are still chained to our physical bodies...and do we not have a cord that keeps us connected to our bodies? When we were born we were cut from an umbilical cord.It was removed from the outer physical body but it was not cut from the spiritual body.But it was 'disconnected'...and so we are disconnected from spirit in a sense and it is able to separate but only when we are asleep..not conscious.If our spirit is in control of our dreams,where would it take us? To the spiritual world it seems.We bring our dreams into reality when we speak of them and remember them,bringing our 'spirit' life into our physical life...well,is it the same when we dream,our spirit bringing our physical 'waking consciousness' into the spirit world?
Believe me,I'm sorry if this sounds confusing,but it's a bit hard to explain thoughts sometimes when they go on and on(as I know this post has).... :oops

Not sure,there could be some sense to it or I have just thought myself into a conundrum...lol

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby taniaaust1 » 15 Feb 2013 06:50

torakrubik wrote:I think that the dreamworld is always there...however that hypothesis brings up some interesting questions. Who takes your place when you're not actively in the dream? A mindless zombie version of yourself?


I guess my mindless zombie is called Josphine then :) . Maybe I should try to find a mirror in the dream world and ask for Josphine to appear and talk to me.

Perhaps the DCs are clones of real people who are awake at the time you're dreaming, and you're merely interacting with their standby personalities?


Interesting thoughts :)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby HAGART » 06 Mar 2013 22:21

Come to think of it, they rarely do. I'm not just talking about any old dream character, but those ones that have a knowledge that it is a lucid dream and have a personality.

They may know my name at times, but still I feel like they are a stranger to me and I a stranger to them, and yet, we feel like we are kindred spirits and on an emotional level we are best friends. Even if it seems like they don't know me or what I am thinking in the dream.

I have tested that before, wondering if they know what I am thinking, and they deny it, but I still think if I grill them more they will finally admit that we are sharing the same mind and there is no reason why they shouldn't know me inside and out and perhaps more than I even know myself.

The more I keep thinking that way, the more it will end up happening in the dream. Our own views, theories and beliefs will actually change our dreams in the long run and they will cater to what we already thought in the first place. So I am not sure if DC's are real from a different plane of existence, but that is NOT my belief and my dreams always prove my hypothesis because it was what I truly believed. If someone thought differently their dreams would reflect that too and we all start reconfirming through our dreams what we already believed whether it was true or not.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
torakrubik
Posts: 559
Joined: 29 Jun 2011 20:44
Location: England

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby torakrubik » 06 Mar 2013 22:44

HAGART wrote:
The more I keep thinking that way, the more it will end up happening in the dream. Our own views, theories and beliefs will actually change our dreams in the long run and they will cater to what we already thought in the first place. So I am not sure if DC's are real from a different plane of existence, but that is NOT my belief and my dreams always prove my hypothesis because it was what I truly believed. If someone thought differently their dreams would reflect that too and we all start reconfirming through our dreams what we already believed whether it was true or not.


That's a very interesting point; it will certainly throw into question any evidence in an attempt to prove whether DCs are independent of ourselves. I guess one way to validate evidence is to have a similar experience reviewed by multiple people...of course at present this is not possible.
Dreaming is my drug

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby HAGART » 06 Mar 2013 23:01

That's the catch of using a dream to prove a point. It may just prove it because that's what you wanted to believe. Dreams are unreliable and illogical and so are the DC's that inhabit them. But they are not random, and there must be a commonality that we all share when interacting with them.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
R99
Posts: 409
Joined: 14 Nov 2011 07:53
Location: Where Fiction collides Reality

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby R99 » 08 Mar 2013 17:52

HAGART wrote:That's the catch of using a dream to prove a point. It may just prove it because that's what you wanted to believe. Dreams are unreliable and illogical and so are the DC's that inhabit them. But they are not random, and there must be a commonality that we all share when interacting with them.

i dont think dreams r unreliable and illogical. if thats the point, there is no meaning in we r exploring our dreams. if u r saying about DC, they r just there to make the scene better and believable. am studying to be an interior designer and architecture. some time i asks my dream to give me something to look on like designs i never seen b4, and it always grand me something to rely on. who makes that?? who hears our requests and commands. i believe in a inner observer who records everything we see, hear ,experience, and he got all the answer we want, he got his own point, not we just want to hear. he is a part of our self that we dont know yet. and thats y am here at first place. this is just my opinion. :|
I see the Truth now.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Do your DCs know you?

Postby HAGART » 09 Mar 2013 23:12

R99 wrote:i dont think dreams r unreliable and illogical

Let's agree to disagree. But I say they are unreliable because they are never the same, and dreams are anything, but logical. They are created by subconscious FEELINGS in my opinion. Doesn't mean they are unimportant because I think we humans, as smart and logical as we may think we are, are still 99% emotional thought. And dreams are a great place to show us what we feel. They are a great way to get in touch with yourself, but seldom (if at all) proves a theory you may have.

R99 wrote:i believe in a inner observer who records everything we see, hear ,experience, and he got all the answer we want, he got his own point

I think there is an aspect of our minds too that has no emotional bias and just observes all we do as if it is watching a movie and not a part of this reality. I think most animals on this planet view reality that way and deep down our lizard brain still exists that way. And from what I know about meditation, it removes logic and emotion and leaves you thinking with that aspect of mind. Maybe DC's can tap into that and we need to interact with them knowing that our own logic and emotions may cloud what they are trying to say and show us. Don't blame the DC, blame the observer...... :ugeek:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.


Return to “Dream Characters”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest