I'm back...

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
User avatar
PrototypeTEGTA
Posts: 119
Joined: 25 Jun 2011 06:44
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

I'm back...

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 03 Mar 2013 14:49

Well, hello there! Most of you don't or won't remember me, but I've been a Lucid Dreamer since 2011, and I was one of the earliest registered and active users on this great forum. Without knowing it, I became sick with a really bad disease that has to do with the back of the brain, and that means that I seriously lost the ability to Lucid Dream. I wasn't able to move or control myself in real life, so I was semi-paralyzed, and if I attempted to get out of the bed, I would easily become dizzy, throw up and fall. That sucked, and unfortunately, I had to stay at the hospital for 2 weeks. And stay home for the next 40 days as a follow-up curing session. I didn't go to school, do any daily activity, or for that matter, get out of the bed. After I was cured, to a certain extend, I lost interest in Lucid Dreaming and my inside world. But now, I'm back on my legs, and I'm feeling full and ready to lunch. Thanks... :)
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

oliverclay
Posts: 159
Joined: 22 Feb 2013 06:49
Location: Croydon

Re: I'm back...

Postby oliverclay » 04 Mar 2013 06:08

It is good to know that your health is fine now and you are going to continue in this community.

User avatar
Peter
Posts: 1951
Joined: 26 May 2011 08:02
Location: New Zealand

Re: I'm back...

Postby Peter » 04 Mar 2013 09:34

Hi and I do remember you. Welcome back and I am very happy to hear that you are fit and well again

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

User avatar
PrototypeTEGTA
Posts: 119
Joined: 25 Jun 2011 06:44
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: I'm back...

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 04 Mar 2013 12:31

Thanks for the warm welcomes. I remember you too, Peter.
I'm going to try me best to get back into the habit of LD.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: I'm back...

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Mar 2013 04:18

Hi there.

I kind of know what that is all like. I too suffer from a serious chronic illness (to the point where I have much like you described.. Ive had medical people want to ring ambulance for me twice in the past 2 weeks cause I have collapses etc and at times get the symptoms you have.. so now wondering if you have the same condition as me. I have ME/CFS with POTS). My medical illness also messes with my brain waves and that can affect my ability to LD and when my brain waves are messed up.. i cant LD, it all depends on how my condition is at the time.

I left LDing for a while due to my medical condtion.. but recently started doing it again and was being successful 50% of time.. my condition is thou now in a downhill patch and along with that went again my ability to LD. I know I still are at times as I have a very very vague memory of a spontanous LD last night while I was asleep but can hardly remember the dream at all (as medical condition also makes it hard for me to have dream recall). Its frustrating.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
PrototypeTEGTA
Posts: 119
Joined: 25 Jun 2011 06:44
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: I'm back...

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Mar 2013 13:52

taniaaust1 wrote:Hi there.

I kind of know what that is all like. I too suffer from a serious chronic illness (to the point where I have much like you described.. Ive had medical people want to ring ambulance for me twice in the past 2 weeks cause I have collapses etc and at times get the symptoms you have.. so now wondering if you have the same condition as me. I have ME/CFS with POTS). My medical illness also messes with my brain waves and that can affect my ability to LD and when my brain waves are messed up.. i cant LD, it all depends on how my condition is at the time.

I left LDing for a while due to my medical condtion.. but recently started doing it again and was being successful 50% of time.. my condition is thou now in a downhill patch and along with that went again my ability to LD. I know I still are at times as I have a very very vague memory of a spontanous LD last night while I was asleep but can hardly remember the dream at all (as medical condition also makes it hard for me to have dream recall). Its frustrating.


I'm so sorry to hear about that. Yeah, I can almost say I had the same issues. Just keep trying and striving, you'll eventually get along with LD, I'm sure.
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

User avatar
deepakkumaar97
Posts: 145
Joined: 19 Feb 2013 14:50
Location: New Delhi, India

Re: I'm back...

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 06 Mar 2013 14:13

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:Well, hello there! Most of you don't or won't remember me, but I've been a Lucid Dreamer since 2011, and I was one of the earliest registered and active users on this great forum. Without knowing it, I became sick with a really bad disease that has to do with the back of the brain, and that means that I seriously lost the ability to Lucid Dream. I wasn't able to move or control myself in real life, so I was semi-paralyzed, and if I attempted to get out of the bed, I would easily become dizzy, throw up and fall. That sucked, and unfortunately, I had to stay at the hospital for 2 weeks. And stay home for the next 40 days as a follow-up curing session. I didn't go to school, do any daily activity, or for that matter, get out of the bed. After I was cured, to a certain extend, I lost interest in Lucid Dreaming and my inside world. But now, I'm back on my legs, and I'm feeling full and ready to lunch. Thanks... :)


taniaaust1 wrote:Hi there.

I kind of know what that is all like. I too suffer from a serious chronic illness (to the point where I have much like you described.. Ive had medical people want to ring ambulance for me twice in the past 2 weeks cause I have collapses etc and at times get the symptoms you have.. so now wondering if you have the same condition as me. I have ME/CFS with POTS). My medical illness also messes with my brain waves and that can affect my ability to LD and when my brain waves are messed up.. i cant LD, it all depends on how my condition is at the time.

I left LDing for a while due to my medical condtion.. but recently started doing it again and was being successful 50% of time.. my condition is thou now in a downhill patch and along with that went again my ability to LD. I know I still are at times as I have a very very vague memory of a spontanous LD last night while I was asleep but can hardly remember the dream at all (as medical condition also makes it hard for me to have dream recall). Its frustrating.

I am sorry to hear that from both of you. :(
I was thinking, You both have been Lucid dreamers since a long time and it seems that both of you almost suffered from the same disease, so, can LD have to do anything with that??? :?
Do a reality check

User avatar
PrototypeTEGTA
Posts: 119
Joined: 25 Jun 2011 06:44
Location: In an alternative universe where 'peace' and 'unity' actually make sense.

Re: I'm back...

Postby PrototypeTEGTA » 06 Mar 2013 20:11

So are you asking about whether that Lucid Dreaming made the disease come in the first place, or do you mean that the disease hindered my abilities to Lucid Dream? :)
"Saying 'I have 100$' is like saying 'I have 100 inches'. Inches of what? Ropes? Books? iPads? Money can be a means and a tool to get what you want. But remember, in a camping experience, money is only good for kindling and wiping your butt."

User avatar
taniaaust1
Posts: 2990
Joined: 07 Feb 2013 15:32
Location: Adelaide, South Australia

Re: I'm back...

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Mar 2013 02:58

No.. LD did not cause the disease I have. I had something wrong with my immune system I think since a child which leave it unbalanced and then allowed me to get the disease I have now. (I had severe mono/EBV as a teen and my disease is connected to that). My POTS (an autonomic issue so affecting the control systems of my body eg my heart rate, BP etc) is a secondary condition of my other condition.

But yeah.. health thou can definately affect ability to LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

User avatar
deepakkumaar97
Posts: 145
Joined: 19 Feb 2013 14:50
Location: New Delhi, India

Re: I'm back...

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Mar 2013 05:07

PrototypeTEGTA wrote:So are you asking about whether that Lucid Dreaming made the disease come in the first place, or do you mean that the disease hindered my abilities to Lucid Dream? :)

I was asking if Lucid Dreaming made the disease come in the first place, But as taniaaust1 says that
taniaaust1 wrote:No.. LD did not cause the disease I have. I had something wrong with my immune system I think since a child which leave it unbalanced and then allowed me to get the disease I have now. (I had severe mono/EBV as a teen and my disease is connected to that). My POTS (an autonomic issue so affecting the control systems of my body eg my heart rate, BP etc) is a secondary condition of my other condition.

But yeah.. health thou can definately affect ability to LD.


I think I got the answer, LDs didn't have anything to do with her problems.

PrototypeTEGTA- Since when did you start having these problems, Before or after LDing?
Do a reality check


Return to “For Beginners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot] and 3 guests