sleep paralysis?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sander

sleep paralysis?

Postby Sander » 06 Mar 2013 16:56

i think i might have experienced sleep paralysis for the first time. It's weird really, because the last thing i remember was turning from my side to sleep on my back and then the sensations kicked in shortly after. I heard a very loud buzzing/whistling and a sound i can only describe as rumbling. I felt a pressure on my chest and even my face. it felt as if the corners of my mouth were being pulled down. I wanted to check by moving a finger (not moving too much so i won't wake up).. it moved. Yet the sensations kept coming and going... intesifying and weakening... this went on for about 20-30 seconds i think and then it stopped. I had hypnagogia aswell. I really tried to vizualize a dream scene but this sensation was so overwhelming that i really had a hard time focusing on vizualizing, ultimately failing to do so...

was this sleep paralysis?
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

James

Re: sleep paralysis?

Postby James » 07 Mar 2013 00:12

You say you could move a finger so this could be different. Alot of people recall a similar experience when entering OBE's so you could maybe check to see what it was using that.

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Mar 2013 02:47

That doesnt sound like sleep paralyses. I commented more on your experience in the beginners thread.

You may of been close to having an OBE.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

deepakkumaar97

Postby deepakkumaar97 » 07 Mar 2013 05:24

Sander wrote:i think i might have experienced sleep paralysis for the first time. It's weird really, because the last thing i remember was turning from my side to sleep on my back and then the sensations kicked in shortly after. I heard a very loud buzzing/whistling and a sound i can only describe as rumbling. I felt a pressure on my chest and even my face. it felt as if the corners of my mouth were being pulled down. I wanted to check by moving a finger (not moving too much so i won't wake up).. it moved. Yet the sensations kept coming and going... intesifying and weakening... this went on for about 20-30 seconds i think and then it stopped. I had hypnagogia aswell. I really tried to vizualize a dream scene but this sensation was so overwhelming that i really had a hard time focusing on vizualizing, ultimately failing to do so...

was this sleep paralysis?

I have experienced the same things( the vibrations type thing), except the hypnagogia images( they never come).
Do a reality check

Sander

Postby Sander » 08 Mar 2013 10:40

now that i think about it, i might be mistaken about the hypnagogia
Free Your Mind.

First LD: 30/08/2012 :mrgreen:

Return to “For Beginners”