possible lucid dream??

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ares25

possible lucid dream??

Postby ares25 » 08 Mar 2013 05:11

so i was dreaming and i realized it, so i did a reality check and held up my hands and they looked really weird(contorted, more fingers), then i turned the grass blue because i felt like it, but then i ran over to what i believe was my ex and kissed him, then got pulled off being told it was reality and not a dream (i was still dreaming) i dont like him and wouldn't kiss him ever, so i know that wasn't me controlling , but did i experience my first lucid dream? it was all very vivid and i have remembered it perfectly for days now. :?

tea

Re: possible lucid dream??

Postby tea » 08 Mar 2013 13:18

so your question is if this was a lucid dream?
well... since you realized at one point that you are dreaming, it really has been a lucid dream.
the problem is that you made a very common beginner-mistake: you lost lucidity pretty quickly again, because you didn't boost your awareness enough.

remember: whenever you become lucid, the first thing you should do is to
- stay calm (from my personal experience: don't close your eyes! when i tried to open them i accidently opened my real eyes)
- stabilize the dream by rubbing your hands together
- further stabilization by becoming more aware of your surroundings (look at stuff, try to make out details)
- reality checks (they also help becoming more aware)
- damand "clarity now!" (you can literally talk to your dream and tell it to become more vivid)
- don't forget to regularly remind yourself that this is a dream (not only in the beginning!)

if you don't care much for stabilization and proceed to running around and doing things, you'll eventually lose lucidity again, leaving you with a ordinary dream.

i hope my answer was helpful!
peace
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

tea

Postby tea » 08 Mar 2013 13:24

ares25 wrote:i dont like him and wouldn't kiss him ever, so i know that wasn't me controlling

something i didn't mention in my previous post: lucidity doesn't necessarily mean 100% control. it doesn't really mean control anyway.
to be lucid simply means that you KNOW that this is a dream.

which means a lucid dream can keep going as a regular dream, but with the difference that you are aware of it. it's like observing the dream without interaction (i guess that's what you meant).
in the end it's up to you.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2013 10:05

I agree with all the other poster said to you. You were lucid and you did control some of your dream. It is possible to be lucid and act as more of like an observer.. aware of your body doing various things rather then controlling it all the time. If you cant control your body.. your subconsciousness is still strongly controlling the dream. The stronger part of yourself at the time will win the battle of control, your waking consciousness or your subconsciousness.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”