Motivation

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
James

Motivation

Postby James » 07 Mar 2013 00:08

Hello, It's me again. I used to be much more active on this site roughly this time last year but lost hope as I failed to lucid dream using reccomended guides for 3 months. I found myself starting to loose faith after roughly 3 months but still tried to carry on with my goal of lucid dreaming but no matter how much I wanted to lucid dream (and still do) I don't feel that spark I did when I first started, so that brings me onto my main point of this post.

I want to become motivated again, but not in terms of willpower, but in terms of being inspired once more, believing that I really can do it which is why I need your help, reader.

Any help would really be appreciated greatly as my request is simple but not something which is easy to get myself.

I hope this post makes sence and if any part isn't clear don't hesitate to ask me to clarify.
Thanks for reading. c:

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Was it worth it?

tea

Re: Motivation

Postby tea » 07 Mar 2013 09:54

of course this makes perfect sense!

three questions:
- have you had a LD before?
- where exactly is the problem; remembering dreams or becoming lucid?
- have you tried any supplements like calea z before? i'm certain this could increase your motivation and inspiration.
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

James

Postby James » 07 Mar 2013 16:35

tea wrote:three questions:
- have you had a LD before?

Yes, once but it was natural and when I was 6. At the time all I though was "Oh, that's cool..." And carried on with the dream so I can't really use that as an amazing experince to motivate me.
tea wrote:- where exactly is the problem; remembering dreams or becoming lucid?

Becomming lucid, I remmber on average 3 dreams a night.
tea wrote:- have you tried any supplements like calea z before? i'm certain this could increase your motivation and inspiration.

No, I'm unsure where a 13 YrOld can obtain this ;).

I wan't to boost my morale mainly, any suggestions? :)

Was it worth it?

tea

Postby tea » 07 Mar 2013 18:00

James wrote:No, I'm unsure where a 13 YrOld can obtain this ;).

I wan't to boost my morale mainly, any suggestions? :)

oh i see.. well here are some things that come to my mind right now:

1) watch an inspiring movie like
- inception
- matrix
- maybe waking life (if that's something for you)
- on any other fantasy-movie you think is awesome

2) listen to / read other people's dream experiences (when told the right way, it really can be inspiring), in fact be more active in this forum

3) write down a list of things you'd love to do in a dream (i've made one where i sorted the ideas by how hard they are) because having a defined goal helps you focusing on a task*
here are some of my main goals which keep me motivated to work for lucid dreaming:
- grow an extra arm and slowly work my way up to eight!
- achieve 360˚ vision
- find a dead or sleeping dream character and enter their dream (i'm still not 100% sure how to do that, i'll have to figure out a good way)
- subconscious reading (which means: when awake i'll have someone to show me a page of a book for some seconds and later, in the dream, i'll try to read it - that's possible because i will have the information saved in my subconscious)

*here's a true story (i don't remember the names and other details, but that's not important right now):
some high jump coach once tried an experiment: every team member was good enough to easily jump (i think) 2m. but when he removed the bar nobody (nobody!) managed to go higher than 1,80m.
simply because they did not have any aim (in that case: the bar set to 2m) their performance suffered dramatically. even when they tried as hard as they could.
impressive, isn't it?

i hope i could help so far.. or did you look for something else?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

James

Postby James » 07 Mar 2013 23:36

I actually really like the idea of writing a sort of checklist of things to achieve, I might even have difficulty levels so goals are closer together, ie,
Grow an extra arm [x]
Grow 2 extra arms [x]
Grow 4 extra arms [ ]
Or something.

But thanks alot for your suggestion. Do you do anything else? I don't care if it doesn't sound inspirational, if I hear your having a good time doing it I will want to do it too! :D

I'm even feeling a bit more inspired now. c:

Was it worth it?

oliverclay

Postby oliverclay » 08 Mar 2013 05:51

James wrote:Hello, It's me again. I used to be much more active on this site roughly this time last year but lost hope as I failed to lucid dream using reccomended guides for 3 months. I found myself starting to loose faith after roughly 3 months but still tried to carry on with my goal of lucid dreaming but no matter how much I wanted to lucid dream (and still do) I don't feel that spark I did when I first started, so that brings me onto my main point of this post.

I want to become motivated again, but not in terms of willpower, but in terms of being inspired once more, believing that I really can do it which is why I need your help, reader.

Any help would really be appreciated greatly as my request is simple but not something which is easy to get myself.

I hope this post makes sence and if any part isn't clear don't hesitate to ask me to clarify.
Thanks for reading. c:

It is nice try, keep it up!

tea

Postby tea » 08 Mar 2013 13:57

James wrote:Do you do anything else? I don't care if it doesn't sound inspirational, if I hear your having a good time doing it I will want to do it too! :D

I'm even feeling a bit more inspired now. c:

awesome :D

do you mean what else i do for motivation?

if that's your question: well.. probably i don't lose motivation because i'm not trying hard to lucid dream. i mean, it IS my main goal but i'm not disappointed when i wake up and realize i didn't have one.
i guess that's the reason why you lost interest: you were motivated and wanted to have a LD as soon as possible but since it didn't work out, you lost faith.

so i recommend you to:
- stick to a dream journal you use on a regular basis
- do reality checks whenever you can
- set lucid-dream-intentions when going to bed (what are you gonna do in the dream and stuff - don't make the list too long for one night)
- meditate throughout the day and when lying in bed
- practice WILD (especially about 6-7 hours after you woke up in the morning)
- be patient (a calm and healthy mind becomes lucid way easier than a stressed out one)
- something important to me: i'm looking forward to my dreams whenever i go to bed, even if they are not lucid. i see dreaming as something very awesome and i believe that there is so much i can learn from myself just by paying attention to my dreams
- find someone you know who is also interested in LD or introduce them to it - it really helps to have someone with whom you can talk about your regular and lucid dreaming experiences
- and remember: don't force it, invite it ;)

also, have you tried out WBTB yet? if not i'd really recommend you to do so.

did that help?

maybe i'm gonna post my full todo-dreamlist here.. this could help too ;)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Mar 2013 14:37

I too dont have the main goal to lucid dream... I maintain my interest in dreaming due to my interest in the language of dream symbolism as I use it to learn more about myself and what my subconsciousness has to say. I see ordinary dreams as wonderful stories as our minds are so creative

I do also repeat my LD dream goals right before I go to sleep.. for myself due to my strong interest in symbolism, symbolism also comes into my dream goals. eg One of my current dream goals is to find a seed in my dream and plant it and see what grows from it. That symbolically would tell me something about myself. (in a future LD I also want to find a seed to grow like a jack in the bean stalk.. i think it will be fun to grow one and climb high up in the clouds to an unknown land (more interesting then just willing myself to go somewhere :) .

I do think its very important to have some LD dream goals to help achieve a LD. Ive been helping someone with his dream site with ideas, once its finished ... there will be site achievement badges to be gained for dream challenges. Something like that could help motivate.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 15 Mar 2013 04:27, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

James

Postby James » 09 Mar 2013 23:37

Thanks for all of your suggestions, I'm back into the swing of things now!

[ Post made via Sending this message to an alien translating it into their own language who sent it to another alien on another planet who translated it into binary sending that to earth which was added as a reply to this topic. Why? Because I could. ] Image
Was it worth it?

tea

Postby tea » 10 Mar 2013 00:02

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive been helping someone with his dream site with ideas, once its finished ... there will be site achievement badges to be gained for dream challenges. Something like that could help motivate.

sounds neat! when will it be available?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”